• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did I break it... All Snakes MUST SEE THISSSS!!!!!

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Very stylish, but I can't say this is very useful due to the difficulty of performing it and the rareness of the situation you perform it in.

Kudos for showing this interesting technique though.

rofljont

Smash Apprentice
its not that difficult i can pull it off consistently and have performed it in tournaments

it also ***** in teams, makes holding a stock much easyer

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
its not that difficult i can pull it off consistently and have performed it in tournaments

it also ***** in teams, makes holding a stock much easyer
Maybe it's easy for you, but I doubt many others could do it consistently. Not to mention that if you mess up the tech you're essentially stage spiking yourself.

Difficulty aside, a situation where you'll be c4 recovering in a position that you can actually do this will rarely happen, especially if you're good at recovering normally.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Who cares, it's a good way of getting back to the stage. It's a nice trick, even though it's very situational. Good job rofljont.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
That makes for some flashiness. You don't really have to resort to that though. You can DI away from stage with C4 and recover high. This might be useful if you HAVE to tech the stage because you're at high %'s.

Also, have you tested this on every stage? Because I'm starting to think it won't work well everywhere either, Lylat and Yoshi's for example.

I like it, even though I would probably only use it at high %'s.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
So your combining teching the stage and just tech-jumping (I call it that) with B-reversed Grenades...

Did you know if you just tech the ledge just right, you'll grab it?

Did you know after grabbing the edge, you can ledge drop (press back), second jump, then B-reverse your grenade and land on stage?

Did you know option 2 is safer because its in steps, not all at once. Meaning if your opponent just happens to predict what you are going to do (Wall jump > b-reverse grenade) they can easily hit you, while in the second one you can decide NOT to do the wavebounced grenade.

Still flashy, but it's just combining 2 things we already know.

rofljont

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's easy for you, but I doubt many others could do it consistently. Not to mention that if you mess up the tech you're essentially stage spiking yourself.

Difficulty aside, a situation where you'll be c4 recovering in a position that you can actually do this will rarely happen, especially if you're good at recovering normally.
it does happen and any snake that cant tech a wall by now should be

That makes for some flashiness. You don't really have to resort to that though. You can DI away from stage with C4 and recover high. This might be useful if you HAVE to tech the stage because you're at high %'s.

Also, have you tested this on every stage? Because I'm starting to think it won't work well everywhere either, Lylat and Yoshi's for example.

I like it, even though I would probably only use it at high %'s.
yes it works on yoshis not lylat tho that just isnt worth it

So your combining teching the stage and just tech-jumping (I call it that) with B-reversed Grenades...

Did you know after grabbing the edge, you can ledge drop (press back), second jump, then B-reverse your grenade and land on stage?

Did you know option 2 is safer because its in steps, not all at once. Meaning if your opponent just happens to predict what you are going to do (Wall jump > b-reverse grenade) they can easily hit you, while in the second one you can decide NOT to do the wavebounced grenade.

did u know its hard to consistently tech the edge perfectly, especially at high percents, and esier to tech jump?

did u know that u can not only grenade but also c4 from the edge back on stage?
did u know that is way more punishable that my tech?

even if they do predict it they 1 might hit the grenade or 2 guess wrong when u c4 and get ***** by a bair???????

SuSa

did u know its hard to consistently tech the edge perfectly, especially at high percents, and esier to tech jump?

did u know that u can not only grenade but also c4 from the edge back on stage?
did u know that is way more punishable that my tech?

even if they do predict it they 1 might hit the grenade or 2 guess wrong when u c4 and get ***** by a bair???????
I can consistently tech the edge up to any realistic %. (250%) I find tech jumping much harder.

You should also be able to wavebounce Nikita from the edge back on stage, haven't bothered to test.

Did you know that for a while during the tech jump you cannot do anything? So how is getting invincibility frames more punishable?

1) Might which they might hit the grenade any time you have it. (Including drop from edge > wavebounce grenade)

2) English, learn it? Whether you grenade or c4, it's still punishable.

I'm not saying this isn't flashy/cool - and perhaps even a good mixup every now and then, it's not really making Snake's recovery that much better.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
that situation would rarely come about, his recovery in that was fourtonate.
i need something benifical, thx though.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Yeah...the fact that you failed to do it more than you actually succeeded in the demo video shows how this can work against you. Looks like a cool thing to try and show off with in friendlies though.

rofljont

Smash Apprentice
Yeah...the fact that you failed to do it more than you actually succeeded in the demo video shows how this can work against you. Looks like a cool thing to try and show off with in friendlies though.
we'll see, its harder to do when playing 1 player while the camera follows u

but what ever u all will see,

also susa u can pivot right out of the jump really fast try it

xsephirot

Smash Apprentice
So you can breserval going upwards? Cause I konw you def. have to DI towards th bottom of the stasge to tech if your % is high enough that it will kill you.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
i think this is actually reallllllly good
theres many times ive been in that situation....especially when i dont wanna tech jump and it does anyways
b/c before hand the only other thing you could do was upB....this just gave us a better option....PLUS ppl would def. not see it coming and with a gernade it your hand its hard to fully punish

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
WOW I NEVER NEW THIS.. THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT IVE EVER SEEN SOMEBODY DISCOVER
BLOW MYSELF UP THEN TECH OFF THE WALL & B REVERSAL... rofljont for top tier LMAO

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If a Snake does this once against me, the second time he tries will be met by a charged Ivysaur Up-Smash.

Sandst0rm

Smash Cadet
It looks cool. I've done this with a C4 without meaning to once when my opponent tried to chase me off-stage and foil my c4 recovery. I got the kill from the c4 drop as well. But yeah, C4> ledge-tech is situational and isn't always the best option as most people have already said. I find I have a lot more mix-up options from recovering high and when I'm forced to ledge-tech, I use SuSa's method. It is a good mix-up though and if you're fast enough, it can lead to a kill or grenade-counter. I still agree that it doesn't make Snake's recovery that much better, though it is one more option. Nice find jont. :>

Staco

Smash Champion
How do I perform a walljump tech and how do I perform a non walljump tech?

Dominic

Smash Apprentice

nice post sir

PortCity

Smash Ace
Let me help you guys see the brilliance in this move. I play against "Joker" the best Snake in the midwest. You guys have effectively given him another option to avoid my spikes. This technique allows Snake to get on the stage without having to use another up+b which is REALLY susceptible to spikes. The technique keeps Joker (Snake) out of the air which is when he gets eaten alive by me (Diddy Kong) and Razor (MK). Even if you think it is flashy, it DEFINITELY can be used as a mix up to allow him to get into another up+b a little safe. Nice find rofljont.

Let me help you guys see the brilliance in this move. I play against "Joker" the best Snake in the midwest. You guys have effectively given him another option to avoid my spikes. This technique allows Snake to get on the stage without having to use another up+b which is REALLY susceptible to spikes. The technique keeps Joker (Snake) out of the air which is when he gets eaten alive by me (Diddy Kong) and Razor (MK). Even if you think it is flashy, it DEFINITELY can be used as a mix up to allow him to get into another up+b a little safe. Nice find rofljont.
What SuSa earlier, this is no different than a normal C4 to tech, it just has something added onto it. I don't see how this is another option for the snake your playing against. He could have C4 teched without doing the tech jump > Breversal.

The major difference with this compared to just teching the edge is that requires good DI to hit that. With the tech jump you have more of a range and get back up.

PortCity

Smash Ace
You missed the whole point of my post. It is just an addition to the C4 tech, BUT it adds mobility for Snake and can help prevent Snakes from having to immediately up+b to get back on the stage. As soon as Up+b comes out, Snake is a sitting duck. This small piece of added mobility will close one of Snake's situational gaps.

EatMan

Smash Rookie
Saying you discovered this is like me saying I discovered you can ftilt after your first jab.

Can I call it the Eat Combo?

Panix

Smash Ace
This tech is useful. I like it, it also intimidates your oppenent =P I was playing my friend today and he was on fire comboing me. Then I did this tech and it was like i said "okay it's my turn" and just whipped the floors with him.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oh wow, good **** dude. This is like the first useful thing I've ever seen on character specific boards <_<

DerkTheJerk

Smash Journeyman
this tech is really easy.

i have to do it about 2-3 times in every match but i dont care that i have to do it because its easy to pull off

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
Very cool JonT. I'll prolly use it when I recover with the C4 now =]

Everyone else: This is why I don't post **** on Smashboards. He's sharing a cool trick with you guys and all you do is say how its not useful and other bs nonsense..

Nothing but haters.

SuSa

Everyone else: This is why I don't post **** on Smashboards. He's sharing a cool trick with you guys and all you do is say how its not useful and other bs nonsense..

Nothing but haters.

It's flashy, it can get you on the stage quicker then most other options, but you are EXTREMELY punishable while doing so.

During the tech jump, you have plenty of frames to be spiked.
When B-reversing the grenade, you can be hit out of it (because you have to touch the stage to even be safe)

Teching the stage which makes you auto-grab the ledge, dropping down, second jump, b-reverse nade is pretty much the same thing and slightly safer.

Please tell us how are bs nonsense is bs nonsense. Yeah, it may be useful 1 time a set or as a mixup, but it's not something you should be using everytime.

rofljont

Smash Apprentice

Nothing but haters.
nanerz ur exactly right

It's flashy, it can get you on the stage quicker then most other options, but you are EXTREMELY punishable while doing so.

During the tech jump, you have plenty of frames to be spiked.
When B-reversing the grenade, you can be hit out of it (because you have to touch the stage to even be safe)

Teching the stage which makes you auto-grab the ledge, dropping down, second jump, b-reverse nade is pretty much the same thing and slightly safer.

Please tell us how are bs nonsense is bs nonsense. Yeah, it may be useful 1 time a set or as a mixup, but it's not something you should be using everytime.
really?? wow, u havent even watched the second video after all the time this thread has been up?

Top Bottom