• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did I pre-order SSBB to late?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
what it could be backordered NOOOOOO....whats that i reserved mine in DEC at gamestop

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes it is, you won't get your game for a month after it's out

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
October? Plenty early.

Most people don't preorder until like a month or less before release.

Heck, I preordered my Japanese copy from Play-Asia at the end of December, and it got shipped out yesterday, even though P-A only got about 25% of their expected stock.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I'm so glad i reserved mine in like june 2006.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
August 07. Considering they have practically a month to print these things, I don't expect shortages.

twitch

Smash Rookie
what is the best fastest online retailer for pre-ordering ssbb? (amazon, wallmart, bestbuy etc.?)

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Amazon is terrible with preorders, never, EVER preorder from them.

They will ship out X amount and say "that is all we have for preorders" and you will be screwed and unable to get a copy, while they are still in stock on the site. It makes no sense at all.

I preordered online from Gamestop with one day shipping (so I would get it December 3rd in the mail) and then it was delayed so the release date is on a weekend, I'll be Brawling March 10th...

I'd say go with an in-store pick up, so you can get it Sunday. If you get it delivered, Monday March 10th is the earliest you will get it.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little worried about this myself. My friend pre-ordered brawl for me on my birthday (in August) but only paid half of it. I still haven't paid for the rest of it yet. I plan to pay for the rest before March. I never pre-order games so how would that work out?

twitch

Smash Rookie
i thought about gamestop and walmart, wich one is better for pre-ording ssbb?
*i live in germany, so i can just ship to my APO :)...

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
When pre-ordering from Gamespot ask if you can pre-pay your copy. People that pay ahead of time get first dibs on the first arrival of said game.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I doubt there will be shortages for pre-orders.
But just in case, I made sure I was the first one to reserve a copy at the local GameStop.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Your luckier than me, my gamestop deleted all their orders in November, and I did not get the news until 2 weeks ago >.>
I put my pre-order back in. they said
"We thought Brawl was coming out TBA 2009, so we just cancelled all the pre orders, then we were corrected about a day later, but everyones pre-order was gone. Sorry its been about 2 MONTHS and we havent gotten to you"
I will not tolerate Gamestop unless I get mine first-day
I was probably one of the first in line with my old Pre-order, now I'm about #1100
I will not Tolerate not being one of the first to get it.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Wait, I pre-ordered it when we thought it was coming out Dec. 3........... Can I still get it March 9?

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
if you pre-ordered then your fine. If Brawl sold 80% of their stock (20% left over) in japan then im sure America will be fine. We have an extra month to have copies made and hopefully Nintendo took notice of Brawls success in sales and jumped up inventory production.

I work at gamestop and pre-ordered only 3 days ago.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
Your luckier than me, my gamestop deleted all their orders in November, and I did not get the news until 2 weeks ago >.>
I put my pre-order back in. they said
"We thought Brawl was coming out TBA 2009, so we just cancelled all the pre orders, then we were corrected about a day later, but everyones pre-order was gone. Sorry its been about 2 MONTHS and we havent gotten to you"
I will not tolerate Gamestop unless I get mine first-day
I was probably one of the first in line with my old Pre-order, now I'm about #1100
I will not Tolerate not being one of the first to get it.
they cant delete pre orders...

its agaisnt policy. Plus thats money ebing deleted.

WE get promotions based on how many preorders and mag subscriptions we have. We wouldnt delete our chances of getting hours and pay.

And where i am, theres no line; you show up they call 5 ppl in. Transactions made, rinse and repeat.

shadowpigpants

Smash Rookie
I preordered mine yesterday and I was #8, but thats probably because the Gamestop I went to opened a week ago.

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
Heh, I pre-ordered mine on January 1st... 2007... At 1:30 in the morning. I hoped to evade all this back-order craziness. Then to be sure I could play the game the day it came out, I went to my local gamestop and payed for another copy of the game in advance so they will hold it for me. Ill just sell the copy from gamestop to my friend once my pre-order comes in.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
I ordered my copy this January from GameStop >.>
Me too. Except not from Gamestop (Gamestop doesn't exist, as far as I know, in Canada [or at least Vancouver]). I pre-ordered it and they said they'd be calling me at 9:00 AM on March 9 (actually they said Feb. 10, but yeah) so that I can go to pick up the game.

Rosadiddly

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm kinda regrettingi put it off for so long, i just preordered it this january at ebgames. They said a March 10 release date though :S

Yeah Vancouver!

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
oh trust me, i know. I pre-odered it back when there were rumors flying of it releasing around then. I'm just lucky i decided too preorder when i was able to, cuz i knew itt was most likely gonna screw me over if i didn't.

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm guessing that with the demand as high as it is in Japan, that they will figure they should use the extra month they have to make a whole lot of American copies. They probably are didn't know what to expect really with the first release, but now that they know, they will most likely release a lot of em.

Manjot

Smash Apprentice
I pre-ordered mine in November of 07, most people will pre-order it a couple of weeks prior to its release.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I preordered it in Septemeber and my account says it's coming March 22nd.

I'll be really pissed if I have to wait 13 extra days to play Brawl when I could just go camp out somwhere and get it the night of release.

Top Bottom