• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did sakurai want to stop the legacy of Ken Hoang level players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwan

Smash Ace
what? am i missing something? what happened with Ken Hoang?
It sounds like he's implying that Ken...and in turn players like him (skilled? lol?) won't be as good...or as consistent.

Which btw is a bunch of bull****. Ken was never really technical, he was all about mindgames. And it just so happens that brawl's a lot more about mindgames than melee was. Soooo....that wouldn't get rid of ken esque players....

confusing topic?

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Ken Hoang = Ken = One of the most well known Smashers evar. Marth expert. Awesome to watch.

[PU] Poison

Smash Rookie
Absolutely not. Game Mechanics are like that in order to have WiFi battles without lag excess, which still happens from time to time. You weren't specting something as fast as Melee, it is impossible to get with WiFi D:

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Sakurai made Brawl with the intent of ruining Ken's good name and legacy.

DSM01

Smash Apprentice
The game was designed to favor casual players over competitive players or pros, so yes, Brawl discourages extremely high level play.

kr3wman

Smash Master
The game was designed to favor casual players over competitive players or pros, so yes, Brawl discourages extremely high level play.
/facepalm.

No. Better players will always beat people who suck.

Sakurai just made the game thinking how he could make it so it would appeal to the biggest audience possible. Since there's way more casual players in the market, he made it so that it would be very easy to grab and play so that everyone could have a good time.

And he did that.

And people complain about it.

/thread.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
Of course. Obviously sakurai focused a project stretching several years and a grand total of over 800 employees with the sole purpose of stopping the legacy of Ken Hoang. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly a scrub.

Device

Smash Cadet
If you read the very fine print on bottom of all crates it says "DOWN WITH KEN"...

But really, is that what everyone really wanted? Melee 2.5 or something? Melee blew the 64 one out of the water... Brawl blows melee out of the water. The new stage is set... we'll see who raises to the top.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
If you read the very fine print on bottom of all crates it says "DOWN WITH KEN"...

But really, is that what everyone really wanted? Melee 2.5 or something? Melee blew the 64 one out of the water... Brawl blows melee out of the water. The new stage is set... we'll see who raises to the top.
Slower =/= better. The only reason you think that Brawl is better because you 'think' you are good and you sucked at Melee.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Slower =/= better. The only reason you think that Brawl is better because you 'think' you are good and you sucked at Melee.
By that same logic one could say maybe you just think Melee is better because you suck at Brawl.

Slower being worse is completely opinionated and does not mean the game as a whole is worse. Sure, it has it's faults but just because you personally prefer a faster game doesn't mean it's a deciding factor for everyone.

And yes, ad populum would apply to this. Just because a lot of people on this particular board would agree doesn't make it completely true.

Anyway... on topic, well, nevermind. It's a silly topic and I don't have any witty replies right now.

Device

Smash Cadet
By that same logic one could say maybe you just think Melee is better because you suck at Brawl.

Slower being worse is completely opinionated and does not mean the game as a whole is worse. Sure, it has it's faults but just because you personally prefer a faster game doesn't mean it's a deciding factor for everyone.

And yes, ad populum would apply to this. Just because a lot of people on this particular board would agree doesn't make it completely true.
Exactly.
And no, I didn't suck at Melee. And I don't suck in brawl. I made the transition. Apparently some people fear change.

Iwan

Smash Ace

hahaha. I lol'd at this. True...slower doesn't equal better, but i am liking the change of pace in mindgames. I love brawl so far...and btw, i was good at melee. I'm just one of the people who can live with the fact that (for now anyway), the technical aspects are depleted.

mindgames....
mingames mindgames mindgames.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Exactly.
And no, I didn't suck at Melee. And I don't suck in brawl. I made the transition. Apparently some people fear change.

Agreed...if you can't adapt to the different play style of a DIFFERENT game (again, different game...not melee 2.0), then you should either practice and learn how to play brawl.

or just don't play it at all. it'd be nice to have less people complaining on these boards.

or not...maybe if that happened these boards wouldn't be as exciting!
: /

YumeMaxx

Smash Cadet
There are many more aspects to look at when comparing Brawl to Melee than simply game speed. And Brawl far outclasses Melee in almost every one of those other aspects.

So please, think before you type idiotic things like that please. There are impressionable young people around here... =D

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This is just going to lead nowhere as it always does...

The_1337

Smash Rookie
yes, he made the game specifically so that there would be no tournaments for the game.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
*laughs at everyone who thinks Brawl is anywhere close to as competitively challenging as Melee*

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Sakurai sat down with his devoloping team and said

SAKURAI -"OK, so for this new smash bro game, lets make sure Ken Hoang will suck at it!"

MEMBER 1-"good idea sir!"

MEMBER 2-"that'll show him!"

MEMBER 3-"wait wait guys, cant he just practice with the new mechanics and techniques and such like he did with melee and still be good at it no matter what?"

SAKURAI-"...............youre fired"

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion

Haha @ blowing it out of the water. True, Melee blew 64 out of the water, but Brawl blowing Melee out of the water is complete bull.

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Sakurai sat down with his devoloping team and said

SAKURAI -"OK, so for this new smash bro game, lets make sure Ken Hoang will suck at it!"

MEMBER 1-"good idea sir!"

MEMBER 2-"that'll show him!"

MEMBER 3-"wait wait guys, cant he just practice with the new mechanics and techniques and such like he did with melee and still be good at it no matter what?"

SAKURAI-"...............youre fired"
LOL. Poor member three though.

Zoro

Smash Champion
lolz son
we are all increasing our post counts by doing this over and over

awesome

who the **** liked Amy more than sonic!! seriously in what world does slower=better

chrome i get what ur sayin i dont think its a stupid question at all

YES he did it to stop high level players from winning every time

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Absolutely not. Game Mechanics are like that in order to have WiFi battles without lag excess, which still happens from time to time. You weren't specting something as fast as Melee, it is impossible to get with WiFi D:
Urban myth which needs to stop now. There was nothing in the stuff they removed/remade that would've screwed up WiFi... more than it already is.

Everything already gets screwed over by WiFi. And why would you remove things you think were good because they've get screwed over in WiFi? Why not leave it in so people could use it in non-WiFi? No, Sakurai made Brawl into what is it today because that's how he wanted it, not because of WiFi.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Yes kid, that's exactly what Sakurai had planned.

You see, after Ken had won a melee tournament a few years back, Sakurai's wife, Barbara Winston, fell in love with Ken for his amazing Smash skills. Thus, Sakurai challenged Ken to a match to show that he's the true master of Smash.

Unfortunately, Ken beat Sakurai 5-0 with full stock. Ken's Marth completely debilitated Sakurai's Giga Bowser. (Yes, Sakurai used Giga Bowser, he had a special Konami code that allowed him to use Giga with a handicap lv 9, and Ken at lv 1.)

So as you may guess, Sakurai was furious. His wife, left him for Ken. His kids, never saw him the same again.

So he went into seclusion.. until Brawl was semi-announced. Sakurai was asked to make the game, and he thought. "This is my chance.. This is my chance to reign supreme! Time to show Ken who the true master is!".

So he went deep into the secret files of Nintendo, fought off countless Ninjas and Goombas, and finally reached his destination. There he found the USB drive that contained the battle programming data for Melee, mostly the SHFFL and WDing data. What he did to this drive is so sinister and unspeakable, that I cannot fathom bringing this up here. But needless to say, Melee's tech skills were no more. All to bring wrath to Ken.

So thank you child, for asking the question that everybody wanted the answer to. How do I know this stuff? A friend of a friend who works at Nintendo and leaked Brawl for me told me.

Now, stop making stupid threads.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Exactly.
In your attempt to isault him, you actually generalized a lot of people, i dont like brawl very much for my own reasons, so i fear change? Maybe YOU fear change, why dont you CHANGE and go bac k to playing smash64, thats a change from brawl isnt it?...or are you afraid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom