• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did you know that using the Y Button with the C-Stick does Specials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It isn't old, it just didn't need its own thread :ohwell:

You can also charge smash attacks if you quickly press A after flicking the C-stick

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
It isn't old, it just didn't need its own thread :ohwell:

You can also charge smash attacks if you quickly press A after flicking the C-stick

Ok EVERYONE knows you can charge smash attacks:embarrass....

hmm i didnt know about this y button specials because I always jump with X. this could be used for B-sticking without switching your C stick to specials probably

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Err, actually...that doesn't happen.

I have the c-stick set to Smash and whenever I press Y/X I just do the smash attack (or jump).

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I don't understand what this means. Pressing jump while using the C-Stick definitely doesn't do specials, so what is this referring to?

Dubz

Smash Cadet
With your c stick set to specials, 50% of the time you will do a special if you press y as well. The other half of the time you will jump. Do I win?

Did someone change your controls without you knowing or something? /confused.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Yes, if you reconfigure your controls, where the C-Stick now is Special Attacks, you can jump and do specials with the C-stick.

Thank you for telling us this very important information.

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what? I just have a regular controller set-up.

EDIT: I think I realized what happened. I had Specials mapped to Y because I was trying to short hop double arrow with Toon Link really fast. I'm sorry, I didn't know. You guys don't have to be all sarcastic saying it was useful and all. :(

thesultan2112

Smash Apprentice
yea, and you can do tilts by puhing the direction on the joy stick, then the same direction on the c-stick, ,at least with a down titlt anyway

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Wait, what? I just have a regular controller set-up.

EDIT: I think I realized what happened. I had Specials mapped to Y because I was trying to short hop double arrow with Toon Link really fast. I'm sorry, I didn't know. You guys don't have to be all sarcastic saying it was useful and all. :(
Well a majority of it is the whole "Starting a thread that makes no sense without looking into the event in question" deal. You really need to figure stuff out and replicate it before you start pointing out neat tricks that don't exist.

I suppose we could have passed up on the opportunity to be sarcastic, but you know how the internet goes.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
come on guys, show some mercy.

Besides, we all know pizza hut uses special 'shrooms to make you come back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom