• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy beats (better wording 4 thien) fox, and the fox boards seem to think otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Let's prove them wrong, I'll get dazed and confused or maybe some other fox players in here to explain why not.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
all fox has is shine a tiny utilt juggle and decent approach out of shield, thats it, diddys combos are flat out better than foxs, diddys approach is way better than foxs, if the diddy knows what hes doing there wont be many opportunities to shine spike so dont make it seem like its going to happen every stock.... a good diddy will just bait you out of sheild with nana mindgames or punish you with grab, im lazy to type about this matchup, but fox cannot **** diddy

its 60/40 diddy or 55/45 diddy depending on the stage

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
I disagree that Diddy owns Fox, let alone ***** him. He has long lasting aerials for edgeguarding, approaches from the air, high priority in the air, shine, lasers to replenish move decay, etc.

Not that he has ***** or anything. He can get predictable, is light, we don't have too much of a problem edgeguarding him either, and the shine can be worked around. Monkey flips and grabs are vital.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Diddy does **** Fox. Diddy's edgeguarding is better than fox's. Fox has the shine and thats about it as far as edgeguarding goes. The shine on stage gets owned by monkey flip. Utilt combo is pretty nasty on diddy though. Fox is equal, if not, easier than the, already in diddy's favor, matchup on Wolf

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
Fox has way more than shine for edgeguarding. Fair normally sends upward, but I don't believe it does during barrells and it's a pretty long lasting aerial. Rising dair is good too. Dair has more priority than all of Diddy's aerials.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Fox has way more than shine for edgeguarding. Fair normally sends upward, but I don't believe it does during barrells and it's a pretty long lasting aerial. Rising dair is good too. Dair has more priority than all of Diddy's aerials.
Fair is to long lasting for a SH unless it connects soon after initiated which defeats the purpose having a long lasting aerial and a full hopped fair is earily avoided. Rising dair is only good when they predict the side b of diddy other wise it's easily avoided.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
There's no reason Diddy won't get sent up if he's hit by an aerial that sends him up. Rocketbarrels have nothing to do with this.

You realize that in the air, priority is determined by range or disjointedness. Basically Fox's dair will trade hits with most of Diddy's aerials, but it will not beat any of them out, whereas Diddy's fair will beat it out because it outranges it.

I don't think this matchup is particularly ****, but Fox definitely can't edgeguard Diddy very effectively.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea foxes are notoriously known to be well weird and indecisive about everything. i would say 55 45 diddy favor :3

Dekar173

Justice Man
You're all obviously in denial!!! Fox can call Slippy in and... Wait. When you call Slippy you lose a stock? Wtf, handicap broken weak *** character.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
You're all obviously in denial!!! Fox can call Slippy in and... Wait. When you call Slippy you lose a stock? Wtf, handicap broken weak *** character.
major lulz right there ^^...id let a fox player call slippy for shiits and giggles :3 its oh so hilarious haha

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I also think this match-up is near even. Fox has a lot of options vs diddy that many characters just don't.

Also nair out of shine is pretty effective when it comes to edgeguarding diddy.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So far no one in this thread has given a legitimate reason as to why Fox doesn't have an advantage on Diddy. I personally don't believe Fox does(I think it's even), but this thread has pretty much been a joke so far.

Fox has nair, dair, bair, and even fair(for airdodges) for offstage play. Not to mention bair and fair have fantastic priority and are powerful(especially bair).

Diddy and Fox both have terrific combos on each other, but Fox is going to kill far earlier than you ever will.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Here's my input on why diddy ***** fox. Fox has no reasonably way to approach diddy, AT ALL. And he has to approach, if he just spams lasers he's going to trip. He can approach from the air, behind your shield, etc. Utilt outprioritizes fox, and you can get 5 utilts at most before following it up XD plus fox is a fast faller, he's so easy to dash attack combo you don't even have to try. Believe it or not fox also gets gimped, with peanuts and banana pluck edgeguarding you can gimp him. The peanuts go through the first phantasm animation where fox starts glowing and then he sinks lower and you can edgehog or w/e. You shouldn't get shined by a fox if you time your rocket barrels very carefully or never recover from below the stage. In the first place, diddy won't off the stage and its rare that he should be against fox. Fox's ground game is not as good as diddy's XD Fox may have a good air game, but diddy can easily compete. The real thing is that fox has no way to approach at all and is forced to go into very uneasy, risky positions.

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
Good Foxes can cancel their phantasm, so good luck trying to hit them with that...

Diddy Kong is dependant on bananas, and well, shining kinda cancels them pretty well.

Fox has better aerials then Diddy Kong.

Diddy Kongs BIGGEST weakness is killing, and combined with Fox's shine stall, it's hard for Diddy to kill Fox.

Fox has Usmash, Dsmash, Fsmash (slow but strong), Uair, Fair, and Bair to kill with.

Fox also has laser spam to deal small damage.

Fox also has a better off stage game because he has better recoveries, more options, and better moves to gimp.

So um yeah, how does Diddy beat Fox...?

We're not indecisive.

We're just idiots.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I'd say this match is DEAD even.. If Diddy gets the momentum going on fox, it's hard for fox to take it back... Fox can combo diddy pretty well though, and if fox shines your nanerz back at you, that just makes it easier for him.. Firefox is predictable, and punishable with spikes or stagespikes or a million other things.. but if your diddy and you don't recover from far out, fox will shine your *** and there goes a stock 90% of the time.. but as someone already said.. good diddy's don't let that happen

This is speaking from experience, I don't play fox so I'm missing alot here but its a start eh?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
The Fox boards thought they countered MK. They're crackheads don't take them too seriously. :laugh:
he doesnt counter MK, but he isnt bad against MK. Its probably 60/40 advantage MK at WORST in that matchup. Or at least thats what ive been told by fox mains.

and diddy doesnt **** fox in the least bit. Its an even matchup i believe. I just dont like fighting fox when they shine my upB...its so demeaning :laugh:

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Even.

This is hardly a **** in either character's favor.

Hastily drawn conclusions like these are the reason why I've currently abandoned the match-up thread. After the last handful of tournaments, I've noticed a lot of significant changes in match-ups that not only make me reconsider previously established ratios or ballpark estimates of match-ups; but it also forces me to question the legitimacy of the current tier list as well as its next two or three updates.

If you ask me how I logistically feel about the majority of Diddy's match-ups, I would say that he doesn't really ****...um, anybody.

This is, of course, in no way a defense for the legitimacy of Fox as a real character. He is still awful.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
This is, of course, in no way a defense for the legitimacy of Fox as a real character. He is still awful.
whaaat. i think fox is good. Then again, i have really good fox mains to look at live (fenrir, garbanzo)

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
Good Foxes can cancel their phantasm, so good luck trying to hit them with that...
Diddy Kong is dependant on bananas, and well, shining kinda cancels them pretty well.

Diddy Kongs BIGGEST weakness is killing, and combined with Fox's shine stall, it's hard for Diddy to kill Fox.
Fox has Usmash, Dsmash, Fsmash (slow but strong), Uair, Fair, and Bair to kill with.

Fox also has a better off stage game because he has better recoveries, more options, and better moves to gimp.

We're not indecisive.

We're just idiots.

LOL

diddy can kill fox without problems, he is not too heavy, and one banana is one dsmash.
Is not too difficult gimp fox recovery, with peanuts,bananas, edgehogne
The fox shine is not too bad for diddy, he always will punish fox if him use it in a wrong moment.
And, fox have better recoveries? no way
Better moves to gimp? lol

But, the match up is not free to diddy, i think 60/40 diddy favour

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
For me, in order of diffculty to play against: Falco, Wolf, Fox. I find Wolf to be a difficult match up - but that may because I do stupid things like get hit by that F-Smash 5 times in a row. Fox I also felt was match up that slightly favored Diddy.

If you ask me how I logistically feel about the majority of Diddy's match-ups, I would say that he doesn't really ****...um, anybody.
Aside from a character or two (really low tier ones) I pretty much agree with this statement completely. Actually, this one of the reasons I believe there are so few Diddy's-his potential is that any match up in the game is basically winnable, yet the problem is almost every single match up will be a hard fought battle-you can't simply lean on your advantages in hopes that you won't have to think as much. Basically, Diddy takes awhile to learn to play as, and then once you learn to play as him every match up you have pretty much just comes down to who the better player is (thinking wise-though I must admit I have lost matches by exhausting my technical skill and getting lazy, and thus not playing at my peak, but everyone has these fluctuations, they are simply more severe for Diddy players because of the work required to play the character).

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That is pretty close to how I look at the match ups, if I had to put numbers on things.

Also: this is not a match up you should look at based on online. Online will usually give a good base understanding for a match up, but Fox is one of those characters that is FAR better in my opinion offline.

If we are talking about online play though, yes, Diddy does **** Fox.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
wheres that vid of me vs toronto joe >_>
anywho i think its a little in fox's favour, he has alot more moves that kill, at low percents too.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Aside from a character or two (really low tier ones) I pretty much agree with this statement completely. Actually, this one of the reasons I believe there are so few Diddy's-his potential is that any match up in the game is basically winnable, yet the problem is almost every single match up will be a hard fought battle-you can't simply lean on your advantages in hopes that you won't have to think as much. Basically, Diddy takes awhile to learn to play as, and then once you learn to play as him every match up you have pretty much just comes down to who the better player is (thinking wise-though I must admit I have lost matches by exhausting my technical skill and getting lazy, and thus not playing at my peak, but everyone has these fluctuations, they are simply more severe for Diddy players because of the work required to play the character).

truer words were never spoken

ADHD

Smash Hero

We're not indecisive.

We're just idiots.
Nope, canceling your phantasm happens after the phantasm starts. The peanut hits the beginning of the phantasm and causes him to sink down. Just where he is in place, glowing blue is when he can get gimped by this. The phantasm doesn't even start. Diddy has better aerials, diddy KO's fox at 100 most of the time, diddy is no samus, he KO's decently. Fox's offstage game won't matter, and gimping diddy shouldn't happen when you recovery with smarts. Laser spam = nothing when he is forced to approach. Fox cannot kill diddy easily, he has to work far harder than diddy to get KO's. Shine stall does absolutely nothing but make diddy be more careful. The thing is, diddy forces fox to go into a dair hit-and-get-lucky mode, fox just has to hit the back of your shield and hope it works because thats really all fox can do offensively against diddy. Reflector is absolutely nothing vs diddy, it's horrible at reflectly the bananas and its so predictable when fox/wolf will use it. At least pit and falco's have range.

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
i have trouble with fox lol only when they shine way 2 much and touch my nannerz but thats the only trouble i get from him non of his atacks can realy beat diddy without his reflector coming right before it or something

Player-1

Smash Legend
Fox cannot kill diddy easily
Definitively not true. Even diminished Usmashes can kill diddy near 110%. It's fast, Fox is fast, no matter how much you shield, no matter how much you spotdodge, it's going to hit you eventually. No, Diddy doesn't **** Fox, I was just being goofy earlier, but I think it's 60/40 in Fox's favor

ADHD

Smash Hero
Definitively not true. Even diminished Usmashes can kill diddy near 110%. It's fast, Fox is fast, no matter how much you shield, no matter how much you spotdodge, it's going to hit you eventually. No, Diddy doesn't **** Fox, I was just being goofy earlier, but I think it's 60/40 in Fox's favor
Fox cannot kill diddy easily. He has to work hard to get that upsmash, if diddy has a banana he's going to have a difficult time getting past it for the up smash.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Fox cannot kill diddy easily. He has to work hard to get that upsmash, if diddy has a banana he's going to have a difficult time getting past it for the up smash.
Believe it or not, it's not too hard to get a single hit on Diddy even with bananas out on the field, and that Usmash is easier to hit that some character's neutral A

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Believe it or not, it's not too hard to get a single hit on Diddy even with bananas out on the field, and that Usmash is easier to hit that some character's neutral A
if you are at like...90-100% and you get hit by the dair while you're on the ground...you're dead

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
whaaat. i think fox is good. Then again, i have really good fox mains to look at live (fenrir, garbanzo)
My low opinion of Fox as a character doesn't necessarily translate into meaning that I think there is no such thing as a good Fox player (I've played some impressive ones in tournament), but the character himself just doesn't dazzle me in the least.

I'd rather be Falco. Or Wolf. Or Mario. Or Luigi.

Or Captain Falcon. Seriously.

Fox cannot kill diddy easily.
...?

Okay. Even in the face of a character who has one of the strongest and fastest U-smashes in the game, you would still use this argument as the major component for why Diddy ***** Fox? Feel free to try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom