• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy for Top Tier (Gamestop Edition)

paOol

Smash Apprentice
Today was the Gamestop tournament.
I couldn't signup for the ones near me because i was at school and got back on friday. by then all the signups were full. but i found one that wasn't too far and had 10 spots left. so i went there and i ended up being #30 out of 32.
The gamestop guy setup the rules and everyone chose their characters. then the tournament started.
first few rounds i couldn't really see because there was like 50 people crowding around.
i noticed most of the ppl were pit or marth (no surprise there).
anyways, i won the first round against yoshi.
then the second round against a pit
then the third round against another yoshi
and i believe that was all the rounds, then the last one was against another Pit.
i beat him and i thought i won the tournament.
I asked if i get a trophy or something and the gamestop guy was like, you have to stick around we're going to have another tournament.
-_________________________-
so they have another tournament (i dont know why when there was a 32 person cap) and i have to play the winner of that one.
this Lucas player ended up winning the second tournament.
so there was to be a final match between me and the lucas player.
we somewhat got to choose the rules. it was 3 stock match like i wanted, but items were still on....
We played on final destination and to make a long story short, i nearly 3 stocked him.
I had called other gamestops earlier and found out they were giving a trophy and either a copy of brawl or a $50 gift card.
however, this gamestop only gave me a trophy >_>
but basically there were alot more people who knew how to play the game than i thought. and i was also expecting a bunch of 13 year old kids but there was only one (who kept staring at me after i won o_O)

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5349/img4240bm6.jpg

round 2 next week :o

saberhof

Smash Master
yeah when i played the tourny at gamestop in chulavista, they were unlocking everyone, but we didnt get to use them =(...

the tourny was fun, i got to meet some people lol, =D...i wanna play you paool, i want to learn from your diddy xD ahaha.

pesticide

Smash Lord
my stupid GS didnt have a midnight tourney... oh well. u played well with the nunchuk setup? i hate that control method XD

good job pa0ol! i need to face ur diddy online sometime

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
lol good job man. Though I doubt many others there had played the game before. I had never played the game before, though I was probably one of the best prepared people there (spent a lot of time watching vids and stuff, most of the people there were noobs).

But... I lost in the first round to a noob because I couldn't control my character with the Wiimote. The match was on the new Metroid lava stage, and my Diddy was pit against Dedede. I would so have ***** him if I could have used a controller I knew how to use. I kept blocking instead of jumping... OH it was gay.

You got lucky, they actually let you do a stock match?! We had to do 2-minute time matches on random stages with items. Also good job using that Wiimote (though I guess you could have had some time to practice beforehand). It gave me hell.

xlethalxicex

Smash Cadet
the tourny here was so sad.
1:00 round, no stock, no items, random stage, random characters. sudden death.

so lame. apparently there is a big tourny in atl, final round. i think the 16th.

Top Bottom