• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong and then who?

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
I love playng with Diddy Kong but there are definitly some matches I just can't win with him. My secondaries are Bowser and G&W because those three characters have done well covering most matchups and courses.

Who do you think is the best secondary for Diddy mains and why? What other character paired with Diddy covers the most matchups? Which character is most like Diddy? Which is least like him?

Our lovable Kong is number one butwho is his backup???

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Well, which match-ups are you having trouble with?

Diddy doesn't have too much trouble with anyone to really need a secondary. There are some match-ups like Falco or Olimar that take a while to learn, but become significantly easier when you do learn them.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
Im having trouble with the space animals, meta knight...the fast characters. Ive had some luck with Bowser but I want to know who the best secondary for a Diddy main is.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
hmm, well, Diddy goes around even or beats all the space animals a little, but the match-ups can be annoying, I agree. Pikachu seems to solidly beat all of them (I know he destroys Fox at least); you could try him.

You're going to have to practice the MK match-up like nothing else no matter what character you are though.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Im having trouble with the space animals, meta knight...the fast characters. Ive had some luck with Bowser but I want to know who the best secondary for a Diddy main is.
is it something in your style? or is it some move or style your opponent is using?

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
just be a better player imo
Everyone can always be a better player.

This thread got off topic quick. It wasn't supposed to be about my (many) shortcomings as a smasher it was supposed to be about who is the best secondary for Diddy mains.

I will restate the main questions I had...

"""""Who do you think is the best secondary for Diddy mains and why? What other character paired with Diddy covers the most matchups? Which character is most like Diddy? Which is least like him?

Our lovable Kong is number one but who is his backup???"""""

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Hmmm... I'm not a Diddy main, but considering Diddy's bad matchups, I'd have to go with Marth as being one of the best secondaries to use.

He covers Falco, Peach, and Luigi.

I'm afraid it would probably be better just to learn the MK matchup with Diddy though, unless you want to start using MK yourself.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Hmmm... I'm not a Diddy main, but considering Diddy's bad matchups, I'd have to go with Marth as being one of the best secondaries to use.

He covers Falco, Peach, and Luigi.

I'm afraid it would probably be better just to learn the MK matchup with Diddy though, unless you want to start using MK yourself.
What are you doing here get back to your Pikachu boards ;P
jk

I agree, actually. Marth covers most of Diddy's bad match-ups pretty well.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
D3 is a stable secondary. I think Diddy's only real problems are Peach, Marth and Snake. D3 does alright with all three but Diddy can handle them. Peach will give you the most trouble though so it's always safe to have someone to take care of her.

Edit: Player 1 has already said this I guess. ****.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Nope.

Anyway, your problem seems to be a lack of reflexes from what you say, and a secondary won't help at all since Diddy is already a **** fast character.

If you really wanna waste your time and spend half of your time training a secondary when you could get better, I suggest you to try DDD, Falco, Marth, GaW, or Snake.

MK is a bad Diddy secondary cus HELL YEAH WE'RE THAT BROKEN

Top Bottom