• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I could actually see Diddy (stat wise and A move wise) being very much like Pikachu. I think a Fox/ Pikachu mix is an excellent way to describe what many people believe Diddy will act like.

I think Sakurai would make the team fun and entertaining enough to win over Diddy solo fans.

I say Diddy would be the one controlled. His tail would be wrapped around Dixie's leg. So when Diddy gets hit he drags his little girlfriend with him. Smash moves and Special moves (and possibly tilts) can make use of Dixie. But she herself (if hit) does not add on percentage to the team.

I see Dixie (I know this sounds wrong) almost like an item that can be used. Such as providing the helicopter glide. And the down smash could be Diddy picking Dixie by the hair and swinging her around while her legs flail.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd love that! Truely, if Diddy & Dixie would turn out to be that I'd never even dare complain about Diddy not being solo. I'd still want to switch between both characters though, since that was also extremely important in (especially) DKC2.

But the characters should have individual damage precentages, like the Ice Climbers. So what if let's say, Diddy or Dixie dies before the other Kong? Should Diddy or Dixie have individual Smashes and B moves?

EDIT: Ohh now I see it, you meant having Diddy and Dixie like 1 character... With Dixie just being the "dummy" character. Now THAT'S an idea! Your officially my moveset hero Bowserlick! :)

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
Even though I dont want teams as much as alone you should be able to switch which characther you are using like DK2 style

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here, I'd play Diddy anyways even if he'd on miraculous way turned out to be a DK clone, since DK's awesome too. ;) Diddy & Dixie still offers better gameplay, adds Dixie to the roster and would be more fun... Still I'm unsure which option I really prefer.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well i always saw a disadvantage in ice climbers since if you lose your other half, you do half the damage and have no recovery. i see the same in a diddy/dixie duo. plus more control i guess (for me anyway) with only one fighter

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well that's your opinion. i'm sorry for arguing but i perfer a diddy solo. gives diddy more potential in my eyes at least.

and is that a random comment or is it relevent to the discussion?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I actually think the duo gives them more potential. (Just FYI...I got ***** more than once by a solo IC)

But, out of curiosity, what if Dixie as a partner was the difference between Diddy as top tier and Diddy as bottom tier (in other words, he would be bottom tier without her)...would you still rather have him solo?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I actually think the duo gives them more potential. (Just FYI...I got ***** more than once by a solo IC)

But, out of curiosity, what if Dixie as a partner was the difference between Diddy as top tier and Diddy as bottom tier (in other words, he would be bottom tier without her)...would you still rather have him solo?
dude tiers are overrated. i only use one high tier character and i kick more a$$ against high tier characters with my low tier mains, even against buddies who use those fighters.

so yes even if diddy was low tier, even though i hope they aren't since everyone flames my mains, i would still use the little monkey bas****

salostryker

Smash Rookie
Having Diddy Kong on Brawl will be like Christmas and half of my birthday rolled into one. Ever since Donkey Kong Country 2 he's been one of my favs.

Anyone see some tandem action with Dixie Kong in Brawl?

Fawriel

Smash Master
*nudges dynamic's head and rudely pushes him out of a room and into the secret yiff base... err... the Krystal thread*

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Well i would have to say If the creator look at smash forums he would think about adding dd kong i mean look at the post count it's a beast:)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes t'is pretty high eh..? But then again I come from the time when my username was still original and well thought out. >_<; Now it's only confusing and probarly the most unoriginal nickname at SWF.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Allright then.

-He's just a weaker Donkey Kong
He's also faster and has a lot of different moves in fact in all the action games they have been in together they have only ever shared one move between them the Simian Slam from DK64 so yes he is weaker than Donkey Kong but he is also a chimp where as Donkey is an ape now unless chimpanzees are just weaker Apes than they are different.

-King K. Rool stands more of a chance
Not really, K.Rool does have a strong chance as he is the only main villain in the DK series but Sakurai has never explicitly stated he prefers villains we all assume that he does but really we don't know, if anything we should assume he prefers sidekicks I mean Luigi got in before Bowser and Falco got in before Wolf so we should assume he is using the same logic here.

-Diddy isn't usually very actiony in games
I want you to play Donkey Kong 6, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Land, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and Donkey Kong Land 2. In these games he is very actiony he's more actiony than mario in DK64 he has a gun, how much more actiony do you need?
-There WERE no DK games for him to be in since RARE joined Xbox, as it was part of their contract. So Diddy AND Donkey have Slim-to-no chance of being in SSBB.
This is just stupid, Diddy and DK are owned 100% Nintendo and if you didn't know that you are a moron. You want to know some DK games he has been in since Rare was sold to Microsoft? Donkey Konga, Donkey Konga 2, Donkey Konga 3, DK: King of Swing and some new DK games he is set to be in DK Jungle Climber (DS) and DK Jet (Wii).

-Diddy Kong and all rare characters left Nintendo EXCEPT the Gameboy Adv and DS games.
Whoever says this is an idiot and I don't need to address it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah bumping this thread up is needed once in a while. So... How are you people doing?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
My prediction is that Diddy will only be a playable character if he is on a tagteam with Dixie.

Mario Ninja

Smash Rookie
I think either way would be kind of cool.

Diddy (solo) could be fun as long as his moves don't resemble DK.

Diddy/Dixie could also be fun. It wouldn't hurt to have another team like Ice Climbers.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
would people STOP putting diddy in the same F-ING category as DK!!! there is no way in heaven or HELL that diddy could be in any way, shape, or form a clone of DK! even if God HIMSELF came down from the heavens and said "Hey guys, guess what, I'm going to make Diddy Kong just like DK", it would cause Hell to freeze over and the world would plumment into an eternal darkness cause it's not possible!! get it through your thick heads!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Totally agreed with you there... Ohhh wait you'd already knew didn't you? :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ofcoarse they aren't answering anymore, they can't beat us. :p Chief Mendez used to hang around this thread too but even he's gone now. God I miss the trolling days with Basement Dweller and... that other guy...

NukeA6

Smash Master
Diddy + Dixie = Failure

Diddy can go solo in every game he was in and that's how he's gonna be in Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey, I love Diddy, that's a really cool moveset.

Also what do I have to prove my worth as a Diddy fan? :)
Just posting is enough. We already know your a Diddy fan from your avarar. ;) Xianfeng -the guy who made this thread- is pretty much gone from SWF so I doubt you'll ever get on the page of Diddy fans but support is always welcome. :p Btw thanks for your comment on the moveset, I dunno if you knew yet but I made the thing... XD

Top Bottom