• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
today is a great day. i posted earlier, but i didn't give my full emotions due to time.

to all the diddy fans out there, who wanted him solo, who wanted his jetpack and popguns...my brothers we have gotten what we wanted.

to those who wanted a duo, who didn't want a DK64 moveset, or didn't want diddy at all, you lose, so shut up.

to del money, who doubted the chances of the first section, you no longer need to worry...

diddy for brawl...no. Diddy IN Brawl!!!

as a side note, i found some things that were very interesting. i have never seen diddy with brown eyes. always in the pics he's in he was really dark, black eyes, but this is the first time it's clearly shown. i've known he has had brown eyes since Rare left, but it just shows how much detail is going into the game. plus, diddy has teeth in one screenshot, where in the others he isn't shown with them and where Donkey Kong hasn't been seen once with any. i just wonder what that all means...

Best newcomer since Snake was revealed at E3 2006

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
truly a miraculous day for Diddy fans everwhere such as myself and I am not dissapointed one bit that dixie didn't show up along side him (hahaha to all those that thought he wouldn't get in without a Dixie Duo)

Mr.Starone

Smash Cadet
Eh, I don't really care about Diddy. I'm still waiting for Ridley. Glad you Diddy fans are happy though (but still, International Day of Diddy?)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I dont care about diddy either. mainly because I dont give a monkey poo about any of the DK games besides jungle beat.

still, nice to know you diddy fans are happy.....its just a shame that the pkmn trainer thread is no longer the largest confirmed character thread anymore :(

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
lol i knew diddy kong would make it, there adding new charecters pretty fast were having like 1 a week now XD

the656

Smash Journeyman
I dont udnerstand why people would hate a character when they dont have to play it but I think diddy kong is cool

Del Money

Smash Champion
dont even know where to start....lets just say Johnknight1's excitement level aint got **** on mine. there is NO WAY DIDDY WASNT GONNA BE IN. NO ****ING WAY. lets list of the stupid excuses for Diddy not being in, shall we:
- too "childish"
- not a Nintendo all-star
- too "unoriginal"
- he has no decent moveset since his DK64 abilities are lame
i like how all 4 of these arguments held NO WATER whatsoever...Diddy is in brawl and all the naysayers can drop to there knees and SUCK IT

to all those who were with me in support (xianfeng, Diddy Kong, Kentalicious, colbusman, bluebomber22, Johnknight1, freeman123). we came, we saw, WE CONQUERED. DIDDY IS IN....AND SOLO TO BOOT

to del money, who doubted the chances of the first section, you no longer need to worry...
sigh, i shoulda had more faith in the fact he'd be solo. nonetheless, Del Money is FRIGGIN HAPPY

@NeoSoul
your chances of getting DK64 on VC are slim just cuz of the whole Rareware thing. however, maybe it doesnt matter. trust me, you play as Diddy in DK64 for abit, youll learn why we love him so much. and no, Brawl isnt turning into Mario Kart. Diddy is just way past deserving to be in. if Wario finally got rep in brawl, then Diddy DEFINITELY needs it.

now for K. Rool...and heres hoping that Dixie might be in too (though not likely). however, if the day we get Diddy's special moves, we find out his down+B puts him in a barrel and out explodes Dixie (Zelda/Sheik style), i might the **** myself

DIDDY IN BRAWL BABY!!!!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
as a side note, i found some things that were very interesting. i have never seen diddy with brown eyes. always in the pics he's in he was really dark, black eyes, but this is the first time it's clearly shown. i've known he has had brown eyes since Rare left, but it just shows how much detail is going into the game. plus, diddy has teeth in one screenshot, where in the others he isn't shown with them and where Donkey Kong hasn't been seen once with any. i just wonder what that all means...

Best newcomer since Snake was revealed at E3 2006
Yes, I noticed the brown eyes aswell but I don't mind them at all. In the Rare era, Diddy even at a specific point had blue eyes, which suited him really well. But ever since Rare left, Diddy always had pitch black eyes, while DK and Dixie still had their colors - brown and green. I sure don't mind the change... Hell I even think it looks better on him!

I'm still curious about Diddy's complete moveset though. Not to mentoin the way he moves, as Sakurai mentoined that he scrambles around the stage and screenshots fail to truly capture how he moves. All the better actually, that makes Diddy a truely unique character which many of these non believers thought he'd be. Diddy's soooo gonna be my main. :)

T-major

Smash Champion
WOOOOOO!!!!!

I've been waiting for this!! I knew he was going to be in, he deserves it!! although I'm not going to use him, my friend most likely will because this is pretty much his most wanted character.

also, I'm SO glad that he isn't teamed up with Dixie Kong. that would make my right testicle explode with rage.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
Petey Pirahna isn't a playable character. And why would you expect Toadette when Toad's not a even in? Diddy isn't just another Mario sports character, he's a major DK character who's had a significant role in the DK series and even got his own spin off game.

The real problem you have was Diddy is that you don't like him. Too bad. The game isn't being made just for you. Diddy's in, get over it.

How's that? Diddy is a cool character, so his presence in the game means a cool character gets a spot.

Probably a lot of people.

Yeah, he's trying to sell a product based on what the consumers want. My God, what an idiot...

Even if that were true, what's wrong with appealing to the younger crowd? They also have more mature characters like Snake and Ike in the game. What's wrong with having characters directed at all different age groups?

You seem to dislike any cartoony type character... You do realise it's a Nintendo game, right? That's like watching the new Halloween movie and complaining that it's too violent. If you only like serious characters you'd be better of buying a PS3.

Black Shadow is dumb, Black Knight could still get in, and Mach Rider's chances were never good anyway.

I don't know, but I'm guessing Metaknight and Snake are hidden characters and they're saving hidden characters for last.

Are pro Lucario loons usually against Diddy or something?

A year from now most people won't even remember what month he was confirmed, let alone the day.

It's a little brown pistol that shoots peanuts. In DK64 he had two of them, one in each hand. On smashbros.com it just says "Peanut Pop Gun", so I'm assuming he only uses one in Brawl.

Wtf does that have to do with Diddy?
lololol why would I say things like that? to piss off whiney fanboys like joooooooo

Del Money

Smash Champion
This is the best update ever!

Can you believe I actually said that yesterday!? Yessss!!
good call, though im a little disappointed. Sakurai shouldve waited one more day. Diddy confirmation woulda made a nice birthday present...oh well...DIDDY'S IN. cant wait to see his special moves (particularly the down+B heh heh)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I said it once, I'll say it again. No one deserves a Brawl spot more then Diddy. Now that he's in, I can yell "pwned" to all those Diddy Haters! HAHA!, you suck! :laugh:

BTW, Diddy isn't childish, Pokémon are childsh. The only real people who like him are classic gamers, and generally a older crowd, so saying that is retarted. HE was made by Rare after all...which is known for their mature games=James Bond, Perfect Dark, and Conker. So ya, Diddy Kong pwns all! :)

saberhof

Smash Master
hooray the dream has come true, and for those who said about the move set, link's move set didn't come out until like...forever =O

hooray for Diddy!!

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
EFF YES DIDDY KONG.

I knew he would make it, but I´m glad to actually see him there anyway. Now here´s hoping King K. Rool isn´t behind another CHALLENGER APPROACHING message in the future. I wouldn´t mind him as a boss, though.

T-major

Smash Champion
EFF YES DIDDY KONG.

I knew he would make it, but I´m glad to actually see him there anyway. Now here´s hoping King K. Rool isn´t behind another CHALLENGER APPROACHING message in the future. I wouldn´t mind him as a boss, though.
...... excuse me!? why wouldn't you wan't K. Rool to be playable? he's the main villian of the DK Games, and is very important. and why would he be a just be a boss and not be playable? while were at it, lets make Bowser and Ridley just bosses....

on topic: what should Diddy's Final Smash be? the only thing I can think of is Jamming on his Guitar from DK64, but thats to similar to DK's.... hmm

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
*victory dance with SWF Diddy Kong and Diddy Kong* And the title pwns.

Talendime, what do you predict next? While it's just common sense, I bet we'll see some of Diddy's moves in-depth tomorrow.

Tanea

Smash Ace
i when i saw that i was like wtf but then i realized that it was that loveable chimp diddy kong i can't wait to see what his move set will be and the kind of battle sytle that he gets

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...... excuse me!? why wouldn't you wan't K. Rool to be playable? he's the main villian of the DK Games, and is very important. and why would he be a just be a boss and not be playable? while were at it, lets make Bowser and Ridley just bosses....

on topic: what should Diddy's Final Smash be? the only thing I can think of is Jamming on his Guitar from DK64, but thats to similar to DK's.... hmm
IMO, there will probably be 2 or 3 DK spots. We have two [DK and Diddy], and either Dixie or [the more likely] K. Rool. Seriously, why shouldn't Nintendo's 4th best selling franchise get as many reps as series that haven't sold 1/7th as much=Star Fox, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Animal Crossing, EarthBound/Mother, etc. Heck, even Metroid [which has only sold 1/4th as well]. Sales say there will probably be 3 DK reps.

Top Bottom