• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Racing Mafia! [Finished! Town Wins!]

M.K

Level 55

~*~ Introduction ~*~

Welcome to Diddy Kong Racing Mafia! This is a Mafia game based on the series Diddy Kong Racing. In this series, two games were made: Diddy Kong Racing 64 (1997) and Diddy Kong Racing DS (2007). This mafia game incorporates elements of each game into a single entity. It is expected that the members of this game have a baseline knowledge of the series.

~*~ Helpful Links ~*~

Newbie Guide- Take to this if you need basic information about how the game of Mafia works, including roles, acronyms, and strategy.

List of Common Roles- Take to this if you would like an idea of common roles used in Mafia. The roles included on this page may or may not be present in this game; likewise, a role may exist in this game that is not found on that site.

Diddy Kong Racing 64 Wiki - Take to this if you seek information pertaining to the 1997 release of Diddy Kong Racing 64, including characters, tracks, music, unlockables, and other pertinent information.

Diddy Kong Racing DS Wiki - Take to this if you see information pertaining to the 2007 release of Diddy Kong Racing DS, including characters, tracks, music, unlockables, and other pertinent information.

~*~ Rules ~*~

- General -

1) This game is for entertainment and gaming purposes only. Please take pleasure in participating in this game, but do not personally attack another player. These actions are punishable.
2) Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever.
3) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6)I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7)You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
8) You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
9) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
11) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
12) Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.

- Activity and Deadlines -

1) You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you.. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
2)I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3)Days will generally last 10 days, give or take a few days.
4)Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Note that Nights will only end early if all actions have been submitted prior to the deadline, and all players have been online since the Night phase began.

**Please be advised that I take activity very seriously. Your moderator has never replaced out of a single game in his entire career and would very gladly blacklist anybody who thinks they can sign up and coast and/or be a prod dodger. :)

- Game Specific Rules -

1) All roles are assigned entirely at random.
2) I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up:
Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Survivor.
3) I cannot confirm or deny the presence of Independent Roles.
4) Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
5) I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions.
6) I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
7) I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
8) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.

- Neccesary Commands -

@Moderator - Address a question, concern, or problem to Meta-Kirby, the moderator of this game.

Vote: (Player Name) - Cast your vote for this player. If you are already voting for a different player, the vote will switch to the new player.

Unvote: (Player Name) - Remove your vote from the player. This command does not place a vote on another player, but simply removes your previous vote.

@Moderator Requesting Replacement - To replace out of this game and seek a replacement, use this command. Should be accompanied by some explanation that details the circumstances.

** Failure to use the specified commands can cause your vote, replacement, question, or unvote to be disregarded. Please use the above commands so the game can run as smoothly as possible. **

- Sample Role PM -

Welcome to Diddy Kong Racing Mafia, (Player)!

You are Donkey Kong, the Vanilla Townie!

Unable to lose enough weight to stuff his fat *** into a child-size kart, plane, or hovercraft, Donkey Kong is forced to sit out of this series. However, he is happy to be the Sample Role PM character in this situation, since quote boxes come in XXL sizes, just like his favorite tie.

Active Abilities:

You have no active abilities.

Passive Abilities:

You have no passive abilities.

Win Condition:

You are a member of the town and win when all anti-town racers (players) are eliminated from the game.

~*~ Current Racers ~*~

1. Asdioh ✔

3. Roxy✔
4. Glyph✔
5. UTDZac✔
6. SoupaMario✔

11. th3_kuzinator✔
12. X1-12✔

✔ = Confirmed

~*~ Replacement Racers ~*~

NONE.

~*~ Disqualified from the Race (Dead) ~*~

2. J - Krunch, the Mafia Goon - Smashed to Death by the Dinosaur on Ancient Lake (D1 Lynch)
9. JTB - Banjo and Kazooie, the Town Trap Setter - Unable to Continue the Race (N1 Kill)
7. Terywj - Drumstick, the Mafia Cheerleader - Mauled to Death by the Walruses in Walrus Cove (D2 Lynch)
13. Dark Horse - Diddy Kong, the Town Racing Star - Unable to Continue the Race (N2 Kill)
10. Joey - Wizpig, Mafia Godfather - Impaled by the Well on Greenwood Village
8. Nabe - Pipsy, Town Racer - Incinerated by Alien Goo. (D4 Lynch

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
the color of my text signifies what role i am. :troll:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
SoupaMario, never played with you but I have been seeing you play in a current game.

How do you plan to approach this game?

#HBC | ѕoup

i'm that kind of person who plays differently every game, so i'll probably be less WIFOMy this time.

#HBC | ѕoup

@ Dark Horse

i was Retti. now i'm nillager.

lucid needs to re-activate my account. :(

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why differently? Is that something you just do or so that you hope to do so no one can ever determine your meta?

I'm kindof hoping Kuzi is scum cuz when he's town :urg: J/K <3

Oh yea, I forgot, Sephy had a question for me when this game started.

#HBC | ѕoup

@J you could say that. look, over there! ->
_

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
switching your playstlye so nobody metas you doesn't work. They'll just base it off of one game.

That's right, i'm talking to you guys. You know who you are/

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do not think it matters. We still must look at their actions in this game.

Although I believe being less wifom'y isn't about changing playstyle, but improving play.

#HBC | ѕoup

i agree, they'll just count your meta as you switch your playstyle every game and they'll just latch onto the playstyles you use and eventually they will metagame you.

i'm feeling pink right now, dunno why, maybe it's because i'm kirby.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Unfortunately DH, it's not the truth.

Meta is based off of a grouping of games people have seen of you play in which they have seen both Mafia meta and Town meta and certainly not based off of one game.

As of late I have gone back and forth between two different metas and people HAVE become confused as how to read me but it also sometimes makes me more susceptible to lynching because of what the players I have played with the longest have seen of me.

It is NOT based off one game and what you are saying is not true in the slightest.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I do not think it matters. We still must look at their actions in this game.

Although I believe being less wifom'y isn't about changing playstyle, but improving play.
^Love this post.

i agree, they'll just count your meta as you switch your playstyle every game and they'll just latch onto the playstyles you use and eventually they will metagame you.

i'm feeling pink right now, dunno why, maybe it's because i'm kirby.
^ew to this post.

You do know Kirby is not in this game? Might not wanna post in pink, it gives you some questions.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
J, that's the Definition of meta.

People don't always follow that definition.

Look in the interview thread. Kevin calls me out for using logicall fallacies, yet I haven't used them before and after YT memes.

#HBC | ѕoup

@Ran

you had a mario icon, it was pretty trippy, dawg. :xzibit:

WIFOM'ing really doesn't that much of an effect.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You do use logical fallacies though. -_-"

Your definition isn't even close to what meta is.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
J, is everything text-by-text?

I never defined my version. I'm just saying that's what other people do.

Kevin was talking about it excessively

#HBC | ѕoup

@J personally, once people get to know you, it doesn't matter if you WIFOM or not, they know you, you could say i'm a pink kirby and people will know better. HOWEVER THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR ME MWHAHAHAHAH

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
No, nothing is text-by-text but your's is just......

You know what? I don't have to explain this stupidity.

DH, have you ever not been lynched in a game you have been in? (Don't EVER count FF6)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@J personally, once people get to know you, it doesn't matter if you WIFOM or not, they know you, you could say i'm a pink kirby and people will know better. HOWEVER THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR ME MWHAHAHAHAH
.................yup, I am gonna hate this game.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Soupa is entangling himself in a ball of WIFOM. The way that he seems to encourage that doesn't give off a good vibe to me.

Possibly for other people to ignore him?

foS: soup

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
No, nothing is text-by-text but your's is just......

You know what? I don't have to explain this stupidity.

DH, have you ever not been lynched in a game you have been in? (Don't EVER count FF6)
Why the sudden change of topic?

Why the immediate dismissal of the argument?

DnD, though I did get modkilled, I wasn't a prime lynch target.

#HBC | ѕoup

oh, you guys are no fun, i'm tired of acting srs buisness man, if you want, i'll stop.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soupa: Scum use wifom to confuse town. So wifom does matter. Don't use it, it's not helpful.

DH: You have used a logical fallicy in KSSU I believe. You got lynched there too, even I SAVED july, the scum, by changing to you. ;-; (I was wrong)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why the sudden change of topic?

Why the immediate dismissal of the argument?

DnD, though I did get modkilled, I wasn't a prime lynch target.
Modkilled counts.

change of topic because it was going nowhere and just stupid.

immediate dismissal? I can't believe I talked about that for as few posts as I actually did. Dismissed it myself because I didn't think it was going anywhere.

oh, you guys are no fun, i'm tired of acting srs buisness man, if you want, i'll stop.
What?

Why the sudden backing down?
Why the sudden confrontational ism and dropping of weak little things like FoS's?

#HBC | ѕoup

eh, trolling with WIFOMs is fun n' all but i'd like to be known for more then just that.

besides, i'm gonna stay here for a long time so i really would rather try to become respected rather then just troll my way to victory.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
eh, trolling with WIFOMs is fun n' all but i'd like to be known for more then just that.

besides, i'm gonna stay here for a long time so i really would rather try to become respected rather then just troll my way to victory.
Whoa wait, what? Second line.

#HBC | ѕoup

@Ran WIFOM is helpful when you know what you are doing and you have a plan, if you just random WIFOM you're setting yourself up for disaster. this goes for both mafia and village.

Top Bottom