• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diddy Kong Social Thread

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dixie wouldn't be a clone of Diddy at all.
If Dixie makes it in, I expect them to be as similar/different in terms of moveset as Mario and Luigi are.

I makes sense as well, considering both have similar body structures.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe. I personally expect more like the likes of similarities of Ness / Lucas, meaning similar sizes, weights and speeds but quite different overall. Not in terms of specials, as I see Dixie being especially different from Diddy in that regard, except for maybe the Monkey Flip, and maybe the Bananas. But overall, not enough to call Dixie a clone of Diddy at all.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Dixie wouldn't be a clone of Diddy at all.
To be fair, that's what we'd be saying about Ganondorf if he weren't already in the game. Just because Dixie could be different, doesn't mean she will. Although there were almost no clones in Brawl, so we've got nothing to worry about.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Shame to see Diddy Kong discussion is so slow. Anyway, I feel he'll definitely return, regardless, but I really don't think Sakurai would change his playstyle to be paired with Dixie.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong was so much fun to play as in Brawl, I hope he returns. I don't see why he wouldn't, but we'll see.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am thinking he'll most likely return. Perhaps his Down B gets replaced, but am not even thinking they will. Bananas are still quite important in the DKC universe, but it felt a little bit uninspired in Brawl. At least, to me at first. I wanted him to have other moves from DK64, as the Chimpy Charge, or Orange Grenades, or Guitar. Even Simain Slam perhaps? He could now, after DKC:Returns also have the Ground Slap-like attack with his Peanut Popguns. The shockwave effect would be much weaker than DK's, but knocks people away nonetheless, and combos well into the Peanuts he shoots. And it could have a tripping effect, like his Bananas.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I like his Down B in Brawl but I am wondering if it will be replaced. Sakurai said tripping will not return, but did he mean just normally or are bananas not returning? IDK. That said, I think it would be cool to see some new moves for Diddy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
His Up B could be revamped to be more like R.O.B's perhaps? Hopefully he'll also be able to shoot Peanuts while doing so. Overall am hoping he gets some more tail attacks. Like for his tilts for example. It would increase a lot of his range. Up Tilt could be like Mewtwo's up Tilt from Melee for example, as Diddy's tail is almost as long as Mewtwo's I think.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A taunt throwing a banana? If that could happen and would give Diddy an extra move, why not? Am just hoping for a couple of more tail attacks. He could need the range.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
A taunt throwing a banana? If that could happen and would give Diddy an extra move, why not? Am just hoping for a couple of more tail attacks. He could need the range.

Well, one "why not" would be the fact that you would no longer be able to summon a banana mid-air. I'm not really a Diddy player, but I suspect that actually limits the move a fair amount.

Diddy's actually the only character that I can think of that I wouldn't change a thing about.

Well, that's not entirely true. He should be dual-wielding his peanut popguns.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dual wielding pop guns is a definiate YES. But also, more tail attacks. I mean, even the likes of Fox and Yoshi attack with their small tails. Diddy has the longest tail in Smash! Well, outside of Mewtwo and Ridley. But even they would have tail attacks. I find it weird Diddy only has his AAA combo as a tail attack, and his ledge attack.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I like his Down B in Brawl but I am wondering if it will be replaced. Sakurai said tripping will not return, but did he mean just normally or are bananas not returning? IDK. That said, I think it would be cool to see some new moves for Diddy.
I believe it was random tripping that was removed. tripping through certain attacks such as leg sweeps or diddy's banana's for example may still be in the next smash (and that's more than acceptable).

controlled tripping ftw~

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I believe it was random tripping that was removed. tripping through certain attacks such as leg sweeps or diddy's banana's for example may still be in the next smash (and that's more than acceptable).

controlled tripping ftw~

Oh okay, wasn't sure. I don't mind that kind of tripping, either.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Neither would anyone I think. It would give Diddy an enourmous advantage if only he could make people trip however. And I don't even mind him having that advantage. ^^ The fact he was a Top Tier character in Brawl felt SO AWESOME. It made it worth the wait for his inclusion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy does need a spin off title badly. Too bad Nintendo will probably still need to rise Donkey Kong himself back to his full fame before

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Diddy Kong replying to the thread "Diddy Kong". For some reason this made me laugh a little. Anyways, I say give him the two guns, like he had when he shot those bullet bills in SSE. To nerf him, only allow one banana

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Project M Diddy kong was perfect (for me XD)
-The taunts,the dash attack and the fixed bananas,it was stupid and broken in brawl,you throw a banana to your enemy's face and he will trip XD

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I think we are sure that DK's nephew will return...I mean he's like the luigi to DK...and he goes bananas....

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think Dixie may be paired up with Diddy this time around.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You mean like the ice climbers?

I doubt it..since they wouldn't have similiar movesets.
They would be a mix of Ice Climbers and Zelda/Shiek.

They would be like Ice Climbers in the sense that both Kong will be on the stage and when together they'll do moves that would be heavily gimped if the other Kong is around.

They would also be like Zelda/Shiek in the sense that, they would be able to swap between each other ( Most likely Down + B) to access either Kongs unique special moves.

Sakurai state in an article that they were suppose to be a pair during Brawl, and when they didn't work out Dixie was dropped entirely.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
They would be a mix of Ice Climbers and Zelda/Shiek.

They would be like Ice Climbers in the sense that both Kong will be on the stage and when together they'll do moves that would be heavily gimped if the other Kong is around.

They would also be like Zelda/Shiek in the sense that, they would be able to swap between each other ( Most likely Down + B) to access either Kongs unique special moves.

Sakurai state in an article that they were suppose to be a pair during Brawl, and when they didn't work out Dixie was dropped entirely.

Never heard of that...but ok

Xigger

Smash Lord
I can't help but feel that while Diddy Kong can stand on his own more than Dixie Kong can, Diddy's Brawl moveset really does look like it was made to be half of a moveset. And then powered up when Dixie was cut. (He's my favorite character, but he needs nerfed!)

His Down B (the general switch move) is just him throwing a banana. An item spawn. Very useful, but still; Diddy has that same feel that Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard have. I can't say I would mind if Diddy & Dixie were a tag team duo next game.

(You could also say that's a multiple combatant character that would have difficulties on the 3DS, hint hint...)

MAGRWolfX

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3100-1586
I think a Diddy and Dixie duo would be a terrible idea. If Dixie is added, she should be her own character. Diddy's moveset is good right now. He only needs a few buffs on some moves like his specials and a few tweaks to his banana special and attacks.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder... will the banana's be removed to go along with tripping's removal or if non-random tripping is still in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really don´t know, but I really would want buffs in Diddy´s statistics if his Bananas are removed. In the meanwhile, I would like it if Diddy would indeed rely less on just one of his moves... At the other side, I really like being an annoying ************ with Diddy. :D

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
you guys think he'll have his new backpack design from returns and TF? I like the old one better.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd like the old one to, with some buffs so that Diddy isn't so easily edgeguarded. If they do chamge it however, I want Diddy to be able to shoot peanuts while flying. And have slight 'gliding' properties with it. Or a totally different mechanic that looks like how it works in DKCR.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seems Diddy has the least replies of the veteran threads. I guess that means everyone basically thinks he's a lock and there's not much to talk about. But here's something, if Tripping was removed entirley what would happen to Diddy's banannas? Get replaced with another move, tripping only works when forced or Dixie Kong Team-up?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ever since DKCR, I'm thinking Diddy might get some changes. I don't know why Diddy has so few people discussing him... It's actually kind of heartbreaking to see the character I wanted in so badly in Brawl rarely getting discussed.

Specific tripping with the Bananas could stay. I see no problem with that. Other attacks could cause tripping to maybe.

Changes DKCR could influence on Diddy's moveset could be on his Jetpack and Down B. The Down B could be like DK's Ground Slap, but called the Popgun Pound, causing Diddy to shoot with both his Peanut Popguns opposed to using just one. It has a stunning ability in DKCR, so it could be the same here.

The Barrel Jetpack could function as a sort of glide, or more like R.O.B.'s Up B in a way. Would like if it was possible to shoot Peanut Popguns to while doing this move, or in general, do moves out of it. Making it a good approaching attack to. Overall I really like how Diddy's moveset was in Brawl! Have no complaints about it, even though I had to get used to the heavy Banana playstyle, and Diddy having so little tail-based moves.

Would like it if they made Diddy a little more powerful in his attacks to. Sure, you might think a Top Tier Brawl character doesn't need buffs, but Diddy has quite evenish matchups throughout the cast, which is unique for a Top Tier character. However, think what made Diddy a Top Tier character mostly is Brawl's physics and his Bananas. It's a golden combination, but I doubt he'll be as effective in Smash 4 as this. Thus a few buffs shouldn't be too weird. It'd like more ranged attacks using Diddy's tail to.

Top Bottom