• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong: The Facts, Must Reads and Videos! (Updated 12/03/08)

IDK

Smash Lord
well i wasn't sure where else to post this and i felt it would be kind of spam to make a thread to let people know. also because the thread says bigmack209's big tech/combo list... anyway i got a name change to IDK.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
well i wasn't sure where else to post this and i felt it would be kind of spam to make a thread to let people know. also because the thread says bigmack209's big tech/combo list... anyway i got a name change to IDK.
Okay, gotcha.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Hey Vyse I realize that I am a regular in posting up vids and I dont want it to be a hassle for you to keep updating it every day because I put up new vids so could you just take down all my vids you have up for me and just replace them with this thread.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187669
basically have it the same way that you do for Let thien. I rather it this way too. Thankz :)

-advent-

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hey Vyse I realize that I am a regular in posting up vids and I dont want it to be a hassle for you to keep updating it every day because I put up new vids so could you just take down all my vids you have up for me and just replace them with this thread.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187669
basically have it the same way that you do for Let thien. I rather it this way too. Thankz :)

-advent-
No problem Advent :)

*done*

EDIT:

Also, I just updated it with two more threads.
AZ's recent thread of 'Trickses' and my analysis of what makes a 'Smart Diddy'

IDK

Smash Lord
lol vyse you changed it to IDKs big tech combo list but credit goes to bigmack209. haha i love this thread.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Another fight from me.
I sucked, and got owned by lagg with those pkt2. Be sure, i can avoid them pretty much all the time, just was in bad mood x) no john, he won anyway :p
Kiros(DDK) vs Porcy(Ness)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaGqFsPYkt0

please give advices. I'm learning single dribbling, i fail at double.

Count

Smash Champion
Double dribbling is way easier for me than single. It took me longer to learn single. So it might be helpful to try to get double down first, unless for some reason single dribbling is easier for you =/.

I might have a really lame vid of an online match up soon, just for critique reasons. Still have to upload however.

Count

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M52x1FjiOKQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g8UiDlDUUU

More random crap for the video part of this. Feel free to critique. You also get to hear me talking to my roomie about somebodies baby dying for bonus coverage. I only recorded these because I was worried about a dispute but I figured I might as well put em up.

Some things to keep in mind-

This is online, sometimes my glide tossing is messed up, I can't really dribble online (although I did notice that I roll wayyyy too much >.<) One of my deaths somebody like poked their head into the door and distracted me, lol.

Also, some of the time that I try to run I end up not running or charging a smash attack.

Annnd background on my skill level

-I'm not that great, but getting way better thanks to you guys. I'm about 100th this season on gamebattles, including the large influx of good players from AiB. The guy I'm playing has a decent record (600 win percentage), but he really is pretty bad as you can see.

Anyway I've come a long way thanks to these boards and this isn't really a very good display on how much better I've gotten being online and all (granted I'm still not that great) and I figured I could add them to the thread. Thanks for the critique.

Random thought on this thread-Vyse it might be cool if you organized the vids by what char diddy is playing against, but it is your AMAZING thread and your choice.

tl;dr version i'm not very good, posting a random match and if you feel like giving me some tips go ahead. Just don't be too harsh >.<!

Count

Smash Champion
Heres some matches vs a good wario in which I lost 2-1. I think his around 25th on gamebattles. If anything watch match 2, my second stock kill on him was really funny. Match 3 my camera ran out of space but I got ***** match 3 anyway :(. I never win on PS!

Count (Diddy) vs Waymas (Wario)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3IaqZ9i3Ng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa4GYgmI3qQ

Well; nevermind match 3 got messed up while uploading. I got owned anyway. My roommate has gay commentary occasionally during the matches, just ignore him =D. Thanks for watching.

DUB

Smash Lord
Count i lol'd at the music in the background. It doesn't fit with someone playing Diddy but it was awesome.

Count

Smash Champion
Heh, it doesn't match at all. That was my other roommate actually, who spends his days watching random youtube videos rather than studying >.<

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Did an update with everything new.

I'm going to re-organise the video section soon to have it all sorted by character.

Count

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_TulGA1nYE

That is me beating Melee1s meta knight. I had already beaten his ice climbers so then he went meta and I beat him then, too. He then proceeded to dispute the match. He SDs early in this match but I think I may have had him anyway. Feel free to comment about how bad he sucks on youtube!! He is not that great for somebody who claims to be the best in texas ^_^.

-Count

/edit i mainly just put this up for proof of the win, but also to embarass melee1.

white peachy

Smash Ace
Don't know if people knew this but you can forward single dribble as well. Glide toss forward dthrow, pivot back, down and a. Much harder than reverse single dribbling but still possible. Uses though??? TBD...

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Don't know if people knew this but you can forward single dribble as well. Glide toss forward dthrow, pivot back, down and a. Much harder than reverse single dribbling but still possible. Uses though??? TBD...
Kinda already known, good stuff though :)

Vyse: I noticed there are no good vids vs ZSS and some other characters. I have some vids vs random characters saved to my wii, as soon as I can find someone to record them for me then ill post them on here for you. Just trying to help out

-advent-

white peachy

Smash Ace
Yeah I think it's more useful than most people think. good stuff man, I've played Dark Pch. before but only on wifi, he plays a nice peach he kills me with the dairing lol. Looks like you used monkey flip kip real well against peach too I never really thought of that when she was floating, XD I might steal that on you. The power of vids :p.
Do any of you guys use the release grab to dtilt to grab setup at all? It is escapable but can surprise people who aren't ready for it at low to mid %'s and works on many characters being that dtilt comes out so fast. (4 frames i believe)
Anyway I haven't been here in awhile but this is ajb1238 from AiB so you're more likely to hit me up there once it's back online. But good stuff diddy forums.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yeah I think it's more useful than most people think. good stuff man, I've played Dark Pch. before but only on wifi, he plays a nice peach he kills me with the dairing lol. Looks like you used monkey flip kip real well against peach too I never really thought of that when she was floating, XD I might steal that on you. The power of vids :p.
Do any of you guys use the release grab to dtilt to grab setup at all? It is escapable but can surprise people who aren't ready for it at low to mid %'s and works on many characters being that dtilt comes out so fast. (4 frames i believe)
Anyway I haven't been here in awhile but this is ajb1238 from AiB so you're more likely to hit me up there once it's back online. But good stuff diddy forums.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-BOgXsW5Y&feature=related Look at 1:03.

I use grab release before it got...'popular'. Used it since melee. I have used dtilt to grab, dtilt to fair, dtilt to dsmash, and i plan to use dtilt to dair. As for the monkey flip, it beats out Peachs aerials and her float game. Check out my thread my thread for the playlist for that set.

white peachy

Smash Ace
Sick man, I should have known you used it already too :p. I've just been playing a lot of bowser lately and half his game seems to be grab releases. How do you setup dtilts? I generally only get them it seems if I am close enough after a forward glide tossed nana. It seems to me like like release grab to dtilt to grab works best on snake, wario, falco(?) the usual suspects...

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
i dont like grab releasing much if they arent on the ledge. If its snake i'll get ftilt'ed. His ftilt is 4 frames as u said diddys dtilt is 4 frames. It'll clash and well.....u'll be farther away and u dont want that against snake. Only grab release to attempt this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxY7ogT5IZ0

If u dont think u can grab again, just tech chase.

white peachy

Smash Ace
Yeah I use it more as a surprise tactic I know it's unreliable more than once or twice in a match against good players. Didn't know snake's ftilt was that fast....that sucks. I did know about the nana choke chain but admittedly I don't use it enough.

Top Bottom