• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Tourney Results Thread

Sao

Smash Cadet
1st out of 12 teams azc tournament in chandler in doubles tournament teamed with a wario (KA)
8th place out of 34 in singles azc tournament my wario teamate (considered best in az!) took me out =*(

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
i see you said it in az? i get free flights to the area but getting around is the hard part. my car will be in kansas -_-

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
BTB -
4th at VegasSmash Play n Trade Grand Opening ~85 entrants 5/17/08
4th at VegasSmash Play n Trade Weekly out of ~35 entrants 5/19/08
4th at VegasSmash Play n Trade Weekly out of ~35 entrants 5/26/08

Don't know what he got at the most recent one but he's a hound for that 4th place lol.

Sao

Smash Cadet
just wondering if you are gunna update my tournament results on this thread i posted the results twice a few posts back. have a couple more tourneys coming up soon.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Sorry for the gap in updates. Update 6/9: Diddy2k8, GameDragonX, phate, Player1, Royal Nynja, Sao, spikehappy07, and TechnoMonster

I need info from these people:
Diddy2k8: Date of your tourney
phate: how many people entered in those two tourneys
Royal Nynja: the name and date of the tourney you posted about
Sao: Date of the last AZC tourney you posted about

If you post any tourney result information, please try to include date, how many people, your place, winnings (if any), and the name of the tourney. to save time, you can even post in the format I make it in the 1st post

Ill make bold all of the 1st placings, both doubles and singles. Getting 1st in a tourney as diddy is quite the challenge with all these meta knights/snakes/game and watches running around, so mad props to anyone who gets 1st or even comes close.

I'd also like to invite all of you to florida's national brawl tournament, July 17-20th in Orlando, FL. Come on down and help me rep Diddy on a national scale. Pre-registeration is open online now. I live an hour away from the tourney, so Ill be there. I hope to meet some of you other diddys in person, maybe trade some tips (no dittos..i hate diddy dittos so much)

I just noticed, but comparitively, i seem to go to alot of tourneys o.o;; . Oh well, I guess that just gives me more chances to get some bolded 1st places in here =P

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
o sry

I place 1st out of 40 at my local gamecrazy tournament on june 7th.
Wyncote/PA 1000 easton rd(inside of hollywood video)

I didn't actually win the prize since i work there so the 2 RU'S had to fight and the winner(Which used metaknight) won a 50$ gift card. But i beat him so technically i won. We going to try to hold a brawl tournament once a month.

Sao

Smash Cadet
last 2 azc tournament results happened on may 30th the pot was 144$ for doubles

Chalupa3266

Smash Apprentice
13th out of 70 @ June 21st 08, Enders Games 9 Brawl Singles

I just recently picked up diddy and this is my first tourny using himso thats all I have for now >.<

Player-1

Smash Legend
1st out of 23 @ 6/26/08 OBC Main Event 5.

There was another one I was in, I don't know what place I got but I didn't to well..I'd say:

15 out of 32 @ 6/33/08 Clash of the Lions

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
1st place at play n trade Dacula, GA. About 25 people. Easy tourny lol!

Oh I have a story with it too. Semi finals, my friend Ray and his friend are playing. Ray is snake and his friend is wario. Ray is much better and is ****** him, so he's just messing around. He ended up killing himself twice. So right before the timer runs out(weird rules) the wario kills him and they both have 3 kills. It goes to sudden death. Wario rides his bike straight to snake and snake trips LOL. Sakaria is ********. So I win finals.

right thread =]

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
I came in 2nd Place out of 39 players in Gurnee Mills in Cyber Arena. 7/11/08.

Its actually my very first brawl tournament ever and I didnt do so bad on my first try! =)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
update 7/14: GDX, skarmbliss, diddykongsnaners, noir

diddykongsnaners: what did you think of the tourney scene now that you've been to one? And you should've went to the miami tourney i went to on 7/12 (play n trade in miami lakes). All of the available best of FL went there, so you could've seen how you stack up statewide

skarmbliss: very nice for your first tourney! a whole lot better than me (66th out of 128 at my first tourney lol)

noir: i need more info about your tourney and whatnot

Man, now that we in FL have had a few OOS tourney winners play in tourneys down here (PB&J, Needle of Juntah), I don't feel as bad about not winning a tourney yet because these guys havnt come in and won a tourney in their stay either. Could FL possibly be one of the top brawl states, competition wise? I sure hope so, and i hope any of you that can come out to FAST 1 in a few days. If you cant, just wish me luck in my quest to rep that diddy!

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
update 7/14: GDX, skarmbliss, diddykongsnaners, noir

diddykongsnaners: what did you think of the tourney scene now that you've been to one? And you should've went to the miami tourney i went to on 7/12 (play n trade in miami lakes). All of the available best of FL went there, so you could've seen how you stack up statewide

skarmbliss: very nice for your first tourney! a whole lot better than me (66th out of 128 at my first tourney lol)

noir: i need more info about your tourney and whatnot

Man, now that we in FL have had a few OOS tourney winners play in tourneys down here (PB&J, Needle of Juntah), I don't feel as bad about not winning a tourney yet because these guys havnt come in and won a tourney in their stay either. Could FL possibly be one of the top brawl states, competition wise? I sure hope so, and i hope any of you that can come out to FAST 1 in a few days. If you cant, just wish me luck in my quest to rep that diddy!
PB&J won a tourny in FL? With who? If evan can win tournies in FL then I would run those tournies over lol.

Here are my tournaments. N2 Gaming, GA about 12 people, 2 months ago, placed 4th. Memphis, TN, about 30 people, 2 months ago, 7th. PnT tourny, 25ish people, few weeks ago, 1st. Game tower tourny, 2 random really good people and 7 others, 2nd place(should have been first -.-)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
PB&J won a tourny in FL? With who? If evan can win tournies in FL then I would run those tournies over lol.

Here are my tournaments. N2 Gaming, GA about 12 people, 2 months ago, placed 4th. Memphis, TN, about 30 people, 2 months ago, 7th. PnT tourny, 25ish people, few weeks ago, 1st. Game tower tourny, 2 random really good people and 7 others, 2nd place(should have been first -.-)
no, im saying people who have won tourneys in their respective states and have come to FL havnt won a FL tourney while they've been here

diddykongsnaners

Smash Apprentice
im still going to to practice for a few months, then i can go to state tourneys, and in a few years really big ones, lol

Player-1

Smash Legend
9th out of 64/6940 ? @ July 9th-July 28th/Spring Gamebattles

I put the slashs just in case the rest of the teams on GB count since all 6940 competed to get to the playoffs, then the 64 and stuff just represent the amount of teams that go tin playoffs

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
2nd place Georgia waba tournament. 18 people entered I think? Would have most likely got first if I was playing to win. My friend fullmetal won losers bracket and made it to finals so we decided to split, so i played for fun. Won teams with my friend tommy too so i made 100 bucks that tonight =]

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I lost to this insane Diddy player called 205 yesterday. Much better than AZ or anyone I've ever watched.

Entrants-22
Birmingham, AL

Singles: Bracket Top 8
1: 205 [Diddy Kong] ($231.00)
2: Elevate [King Dedede and Mr. Game & Watch] ($66.00)
3: Pr0t0 [Mr. Game & Watch] ($33.00)
4: George [Kirby and Donkey Kong]
5: Baky [Snake]
5: DanGR [Olimar, DK, and Lucario] I didn't win any matches as Lucario. I used Olimar more than DK.
7: Phantom [King Dedede and Mr. Game & Watch]
7: theONEjanitor [R.O.B., Diddy and Sheik/Zelda, not one or the other. both in a single match often times]

Other placings
9: MookieRah [R.O.B.]
9: Clint Beastwood [Mr. Game & Watch]
9: popsofctown [Zelda/Sheik]
9: Chaz
13: Duchock [Ness]
13: Geist
13: 3GOD [Wario]
13: Thes
17: Patrick Falcon [Captain Falcon!!!]
17: Z!DTM
17: Intact
17: Cubic [Link]
17: London
17: Excudo

Links: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183615
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179632&page=2

There were some pretty sick smashers out there...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Good **** GDX @ FAST doubles, 13th yeahuzz.
Saw that HRNUT went all out in singles.

Can't wait for the full results of Brawl Singles.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Good **** GDX @ FAST doubles, 13th yeahuzz.
Saw that HRNUT went all out in singles.

Can't wait for the full results of Brawl Singles.
lol. thanks...unfortunately, i think imma go game and watch for doubles from now on, but i was diddy for FAST doubles. my partner HRNUT is using snake more in teams, and he cant handle the bananas as well as his marth.

singles went pretty bad for me. I got out of pools easily enough, won my 1st round, then i played hylian (of texas gw/IC fame). I had already beaten him 2-0 in my pool, and the set was 1-1 (he never actually beat my diddy on a neutral stage. He called double blind pick for game1 and we ended up in a GW ditto and he won). Then, for game 3 he picks rainbow cruise, the best stage in the game, against me. Im sure you know how that turned out.

Hylian is such a good player, that can beat my diddy on any non-moving stage. his skill level is just so amazing. Rainbow cruise should be a neutral stage. In fact, all games just should be played on that stage, just ban the other neutrals and counterpicks

.../sarcasm

I then won 1 more set and then lost to the best FL wolf named Equi. Equi beats me fair and square, as he picks only neutrals and not the best stage in the game, rainbow cruise.

Yea, i know i sound like im johning about my loss to Hylian on rainbow cruise...because i am. That stage is so terrible, and is disrespectful to pick against anyone in a legitimate fighting game. I unwillingly shook Hylian's hand, but its pretty open that i despise him at this point. Beat me on a neutral or even a calm counterpick stage (like pokemon stadium) and im not gonna be mad, but you pick rainbow cruise when you cant beat me with GW, a character thats higher on the tier list than diddy (no offense, but he's gonna be)...no, you get no respect from me

Sorry for the rant, and sorry for not repping diddy to his fullest potential. I know i can do better, and I promise I will do better with diddy at other big tourneys. Oh, and i also promise to ban rainbow cruise in every.single.match i ever play from now on

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
lol. Thanks...unfortunately, I Think Imma Go Game And Watch For Doubles From Now On, But I Was Diddy For Fast Doubles. My Partner Hrnut Is Using Snake More In Teams, And He Cant Handle The Bananas As Well As His Marth.

Singles Went Pretty Bad For Me. I Got Out Of Pools Easily Enough, Won My 1st Round, Then I Played Hylian (of Texas Gw/ic Fame). I Had Already Beaten Him 2-0 In My Pool, And The Set Was 1-1 (he Never Actually Beat My Diddy On A Neutral Stage. He Called Double Blind Pick For Game1 And We Ended Up In A Gw Ditto And He Won). Then, For Game 3 He Picks Rainbow Cruise, The best Stage In The Game, Against Me. Im Sure You Know How That Turned Out.

Hylian Is Such A Good Player, That Can Beat My Diddy On Any Non-moving Stage. His Skill Level Is Just So Amazing. Rainbow Cruise Should Be A Neutral Stage. In Fact, All Games Just Should Be Played On That Stage, Just Ban The Other Neutrals And Counterpicks

.../sarcasm

I Then Won 1 More Set And Then Lost To The Best Fl Wolf Named Equi. Equi Beats Me Fair And Square, As He Picks Only Neutrals And Not The Best Stage In The Game, Rainbow Cruise.

Yea, I Know I Sound Like Im Johning About My Loss To Hylian On Rainbow Cruise...because I Am. That Stage Is So Terrible, And Is Disrespectful To Pick Against Anyone In A Legitimate Fighting Game. I Unwillingly Shook Hylian's Hand, But Its Pretty Open That I Despise Him At This Point. Beat Me On A Neutral Or Even A Calm Counterpick Stage (like Pokemon Stadium) And Im Not Gonna Be Mad, But You Pick Rainbow Cruise When You Cant Beat Me With Gw, A Character Thats Higher On The Tier List Than Diddy (no Offense, But He's Gonna Be)...no, You Get No Respect From Me

Sorry For The Rant, And Sorry For Not Repping Diddy To His Fullest Potential. I Know I Can Do Better, And I Promise I Will Do Better With Diddy At Other Big Tourneys. Oh, And I Also Promise To Ban Rainbow Cruise In Every.single.match I Ever Play From Now On
Every Single Match No Matter Who It Is...do It Against Me In A Tourney Or I'll Teach You A Lesson By Picking It, Thats How Serious I Am

Wafflekingz

Smash Cadet
Ive been playing ssbb for 2-3 months now and Im maining diddy, I've gone to 5 tourneys all biweekly events at Arena 51 in Rochester NY. Ive done a little better each time but I actually got close to making some money this time so I figure I'll start posting my placing from now on.

Wafflekingz
tag name: WafLz

Singles
4th place out of 20?(Ill find this out eventually) @ Arena 51 SSBB Biweekly July 19th, 2008 Rochester, NY

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
And I became GDX's Disciple at Fast. Good times.
you need to go to a tourney if im ever going to teach you anything :laugh:

theres a tourney in west palm beach called Willvoultion 2008. theres a thread about it in the regional zone section of smashboards, under atlantic south. Im going, and if you go, ill teach/show you so much crap your head will spin

oops. forgot to mention the tourney is this saturday. that might help >.>

Adam_

Smash Apprentice
you need to go to a tourney if im ever going to teach you anything :laugh:

theres a tourney in west palm beach called Willvoultion 2008. theres a thread about it in the regional zone section of smashboards, under atlantic south. Im going, and if you go, ill teach/show you so much crap your head will spin

oops. forgot to mention the tourney is this saturday. that might help >.>
awesome

I had to plan stuff cuz it was like 4 days and over 6 hours driving and stuff

since its palm beach, I can get there no problem.

Adam_

Smash Apprentice
Ok i know this is getting off topic but, GDX if you want to play doubles with me like a diddy team or a diddy G&W team reply to this post if not ill be there for only singles.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@GDX: What stage did you ban against Hylian?

Also, try not to worry about FAST too much. I know how it feels to get close, but missing the cigar because of something stupid, and not placing as well as you thought you would have in a tourney. **** sucks.

You'll bring home the bacon next time : 3

For now, I've got a tournament in the works on my side of the world, attracting out of state interest too.
: )

Top Bottom