• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Tourney Results Thread

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
@GDX: What stage did you ban against Hylian?

Also, try not to worry about FAST too much. I know how it feels to get close, but missing the cigar because of something stupid, and not placing as well as you thought you would have in a tourney. **** sucks.

You'll bring home the bacon next time : 3

For now, I've got a tournament in the works on my side of the world, attracting out of state interest too.
: )
i think i banned lylat cruise, since its my least favorite neutral. If i play a meta knight, i ban rainbow cruise. but since he doesnt play MK at all i didn't think he'd choose it, and so i didnt ban it. but from now on its auto-banned no matter who i play :laugh:

and sorry adam, i already have a teammate for willvo. And if that teammate doesnt work out, i already have a backup teammate >.>;;

Wafflekingz

Smash Cadet
I picked up game and watch for my second b/c hes good on all the maps that people pick to counter diddy, and like diddy he also has a good approach, his killing power is sexy too.

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
Heres my little Resume of all the tournies I attended to.

Note: These are Online tournies.

- 8th Place Facebook Tournament out of 128 Players 5/13
- 1st Place Facebook Tournament out of 32 Players 6/26
- 1st Place Facebook Tournmaent out of 16 Players 6/12
- 1st Place Wii Hunter Tournament out of 32 Players 7/22
- 1st Place Pokegym Tournament out of 16 Players 7/20
- 34th Place on Gamebattles out of 7,120 Players 7/10

Adam_

Smash Apprentice
The only reason i didnt pick him right off the bat was because he is overused..

i wouldnt like johns telling me he is cheap all the time either.

Anyone else besides mk or snake?

someone pmed me Ike for giggles.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
The only reason i didnt pick him right off the bat was because he is overused..

i wouldnt like johns telling me he is cheap all the time either.

Anyone else besides mk or snake?

someone pmed me Ike for giggles.
Uh metaknight if you want to win, marth if you want to win with skill.

Lucci

Smash Rookie
My Results

Lucci
Anime Matsuri FFA 3/08 2nd out of 30-50 (not sure) Won: $45
HOBO 4 (Planet Zero) 5/3/08 25th out of 65
HOBO 9 (Play N Trade) 7/2/08 17th out of 45

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I've lurked on SWF for three or so years now, but my increased flurry of activity on the local tournament scene is finally prompting me to start posting.

• 2nd / 30 @ Tau Kappa Omega Nintendo Wii Tournament, Norman, OK; $20 (21 March 2008)
• 4th / 56 @ OKGamers' TnT & Joe Momma's SSBB Tourney, Tulsa, OK (14 June 2008)
• 2nd / 21 @ Bwett & Fogo's Bi-Weekly Dallas Tournament, Dallas, TX; $5 (2 July 2008)
• 3rd / 32+ @ Midnight Gaming Championship, Oklahoma City, OK (17 July 2008)
• 1st / 34 @ HxC LAN Center Promo Tourney, Oklahoma City, OK; $100 GameStop Gift Card (26 July 2008)
• 1st / 40+ @ Midnight Gaming Championship, Oklahoma City, OK; $100, $25 McDonald's Gift Card and a sweet, oversized MGC T-shirt (2 August 2008)

I realize these might seem like unusually high placements for a Diddy Kong player who's never posted a lick of anything on these forums, and I unfortunately only have two links that document tournament results as proof of my spoils. However, if you guys are really keen on it, I'll do my best to hunt down the rest of my results to validate these claims (it'll probably be awhile before the MGC webmasters update results for tonight, but whatev).

A sidenote: Although I'm pretty happy with my last couple of first-time ever first-place standings at reasonably competitive tournaments (I had a difficult match-up with Peach main KOS-MOS in the finals tonight, snapping his 3-0 run at the last three MGC tourneys), I'm probably proudest of my performance in the Dallas tournament I participated in a month ago. I currently go to school at the University of Oklahoma here in Norman, and I went home that week to attend a wedding and had heard rumblings on the boards about Dallas' recent flurry of Brawl activity. I took it upon myself to check out the regional threads, and found myself in the midst of 5 or 6 of the best players in Dallas (if not all of Texas), including Infinity and Melee1 later that night. As competitive as I can be, I am by no means a professional player in any sense of the word, and it was invigorating to know that a relative unknown like myself is at least able to hang with the best of the best. Other than that, the Dallas G-Krew are indubitably some of the warmest, most affable, and most skilled players I have ever had the chance to hang with. It was also the best $1 tournament I've ever had the pleasure of partaking in!

Here's hoping I can help put Diddy on the map in the Southwest. =)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Update 8/4: GameDragonX, Noir, Le THieN, waffleking, Adam, 205, Lucci

Sorry skarmbliss and Player1, but Im not going to include online tourneys. Not to say that you arent really good to win an online tourney, but theres so many things that are bad about online brawl that alot of people cant play up to their best when online, even with a lagless game with the built in online delay.

Grats to those who've won tourneys since the last update. Im still yet to join your ranks...these pesky snakes and my own teammate/crewmate HRNUT keep getting in my way :laugh:

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
Update 8/4: GameDragonX, Noir, Le THieN, waffleking, Adam, 205, Lucci

Sorry skarmbliss and Player1, but Im not going to include online tourneys. Not to say that you arent really good to win an online tourney, but theres so many things that are bad about online brawl that alot of people cant play up to their best when online, even with a lagless game with the built in online delay.

Grats to those who've won tourneys since the last update. Im still yet to join your ranks...these pesky snakes and my own teammate/crewmate HRNUT keep getting in my way :laugh:
we'll face one day : )

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Play n Trade, Dacula Competitive tournament hosted by me :]. About 20 people in singles. Made 3rd place. SO close to second. I need to learn how to play snake >.<. Didn't only use diddy though. Used metaknight against the BEAST luigi who got 2nd. He beat me out of a non known tourny and no one knew who he was. He came to mine and BEASTED. Props to him. Advice I have against luigi...as gay as it sounds pick metaknight and tornado the **** out of him. It forced him to go snake, then I went Diddy. He won =\

Anyways 3rd Play n trade Dacula, GA for singles.

2nd for doubles ;D(double MK :]]]) TEAM NAME = BROKEN...LOL

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1: Azen --> Lucario
2: Chudat --> Kirby
3: NinjaLink --> Diddy Kong
4: m2k --> Metaknight / Dedede
5: Plank --> Metaknight
5: Omni --> Metaknight
7: Omegablackmage --> Game & Watch
7: Forte --> Metaknight
9: Atomsk
9: Boss
9: Chillin
9: Neo

Xesticle, NL takes 3rd!

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Diddy and Kirby are in the top?

A surprise, I would've expected a Meta or another Snake.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Ninja beat m2k.....it was an amazing match
Diddy top tier now.

And apparently Chudat beat M2K as well....WITH KIRBY.

WTDKSJFKDFJDSKFAJFDKFJSKFJDKFJFKDJFKFJAKF HAX. I sub kirby, and I know he's good...but god. MK needs to GTFO out of tourneys if people can actually beat him.

Player-1

Smash Legend
4th out of 41 @ 8/23/08 Egruntz's 5th.

Unfortunately this was online and I had to verse a G&W in CA, button delay + glide toss = phail, G&W + lag +button mashing = win

FishStix

Smash Cadet
I played in Axis Gaming's West Coast Brawl Tourney and was eliminated in the 4th round :(

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm going to HOBO 11 to represent houston with my Diddy, hopefully I do good enough to make it through pools and get a decent spot in the brackets.. Wish me luck ._.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
17th out of the 60 that placed into the brackets.

I did beat DSF's MK in the first match with my Diddy... ^_^;

Le Thien placed 17th with Diddy also

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
17th out of the 60 that placed into the brackets.

I did beat DSF's MK in the first match with my Diddy... ^_^;

Le Thien placed 17th with Diddy also
Thanks, FlipHop, but let's just call it 17/112. =) It sounds much more impressive. =) Plus, I think people just include the total number of participants including pool players anyway.

Royal Nynja/Nynja also placed well at 25/112 at the same tournament.

So, here are my most recent updates:

Le THieN/THieN
Singles:
-2nd out of 32 @ 8/30 HxC Promo Tourney #3, Oklahoma City, OK; $100
-2nd out of 34 @ 9/6 Got Owned?, Stillwater, OK; $45
-17th out of 112 @ 10/4 HOBO 11, Houston, TX

Top Bottom