• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Balloon Blast [Diddy Matchup Index]

Player-1

Smash Legend
thanks linkvader, I totally needed to know that you posted in that thread from this thread that helped me out a lot, now i can go to that thread and read what you wrote because you put it in this thread.

Kantrip

Kantplay
In that case, I'm going to put in this thread that I hope lots of people post in that thread because I have troubles with ZSS.

Player-1

Smash Legend
While that is true, jebus' statement wasn't an opinion, it was input. So random.org's input is also more important than Jebus' input.

Vega4

Smash Ace
We should be doing this in tiers order, discuting first the top tier characters, and then the low tiers. I mean, what happen if ganon is next? Who ****in cares, or who tha hell has problems with ganon? P-1 maybe? Naa, not even him.
Whe should do first the harder match ups and then the others, and Olimar is a hard one. If we don't do this, P-1 is going to be ***** by Brood in Apex...

:phone:

Player-3

Smash Hero
you should discuss falcon

because p1 needs the help, for i am going to destroy his diddy tomorrow

Player-1

Smash Legend
we have another 7 months before apex so if we discuss the olimar MU as close to apex as possible without going over then I'll do better since the MU will be more up to date the later we wait.

Player-3

Smash Hero
oh please when we mmed you were at last stock or high percent 2nd stock

get those lies out of here

Kantrip

Kantplay
We are doing it by tiers. Sails is putting every character in a tier on random.org until we've done all, then moving on to the next tier. Notice how we happen to have done all of S and A tier and have moved on? Yeah.

Vega4

Smash Ace
we have another 7 months before apex so if we discuss the olimar MU as close to apex as possible without going over then I'll do better since the MU will be more up to date the later we wait.
Yeah, but RichBrown can knock your door anytime before Apex, so you better be prepared.

PD: BTW, CrimsonFeint is Right xD

PD2: A National Tournament is gonna happen in my country in two weeks, so I'd like to know the advises of all of you for the Olimar match-up, or prob I'll get ***** (like P-1 when he'll face Brood). All I know is that I have to play really agro vs Olimar, and try to gimp him, but there has to be something more..., so help me please, do the Olimar discussion ;)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Warning! The last reply to this thread was posted over a month ago. Please make sure you are not unnecessarily bumping this thread before replying.

What happened to this? Are we going to continue, or were there not enough opinions?

Sails

Smash Ace
There just wasn't enough discussion for characters. Once we made it out of top tier, discussions dwindled, which is expected, but there was hardly anyone giving opinions for me to solidly decide on ratios and display MU information. We had few big name Diddy players contributing, and other character boards hardly came over to help out unless they had some seriously dedicated mains (See D3). Thus, I'm putting this on indefinite hiatus until interest picks back up, if ever. I have a feeling that, pending certain metagame changes that may be coming soon, there will be more interest altogether. If this proves true, I'll pick it back up, but the future is bleak.

DOODE

Smash Cadet
is there an old matchup thread for pt I can read? or does anyone have advice they can post in this thread?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
This wouldn't be a problem if you discussed matches that people want to learn and not just choose them at random

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Why don't we let the other character boards do the work for us?

1) Wait for another board to finish a discussion on the Diddy MU
2) Post a thread with a link to their MU summary and the ratio (or +/-) they gave
3) Let us post different info (and/or ratios) if we disagree with what the other board says
4) Wait a week and put the agreed upon ratio into our thread (even if nobody posts in our thread, in which case we agree with them)
5) ????
6) Profit (after doing minimal work)

Sound good?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
To troll them even harder we should just disagree with everything they say.
in all seriousness. i only give matchup advice/experience irls. i maybe selfish but i feel only those who feel worthy of this information should have it. a weapon in incapable hands do no good imo. i really trust a few diddys with that kind of info.

ill write a book one day lol

DOODE

Smash Cadet
Play super carefully and safe against Squirtle. Relentless pressure on the other two - they can't handle it.
Can you go more indepth of how to play safe vs squirtle? I get that I should just punish the other two with naners and for the most part play normal but squirrtle ***** me up the monkey hole!

Oonai

Smash Cadet
Not to be too demanding....BUT

I like the revival of the balloon match-up thread, however I'm curious about the progression of the thread. Are we just trying to get the ratio (+/-) ratings done? Done first? For the most part I feel like I can get a good idea of the ratio's from the back-rooms match-up chart.

I just wanna make sure we (as in Disq and Sails...) update the summary section of the balloon match-up thread. I really appreciate being able to read up on a summary of ways to kick Marth's *** by reading a summary of all the good diddys advice.

So far we haven't even gone back to finish the summary of characters such as Wario
"Soon to come; need sleep before a tournament...
Last edited by Sails; 04-30-2011 at 01:40 AM."

-.-

Gnes

Smash Master
in all seriousness. i only give matchup advice/experience irls. i maybe selfish but i feel only those who feel worthy of this information should have it. a weapon in incapable hands do no good imo. i really trust a few diddys with that kind of info.

ill write a book one day lol
I sort of the feel way, but on a different scale. Too much theorycrafting, less practicality from smashboards as a whole.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Not to be too demanding....BUT

I like the revival of the balloon match-up thread, however I'm curious about the progression of the thread. Are we just trying to get the ratio (+/-) ratings done? Done first? For the most part I feel like I can get a good idea of the ratio's from the back-rooms match-up chart.

I just wanna make sure we (as in Disq and Sails...) update the summary section of the balloon match-up thread. I really appreciate being able to read up on a summary of ways to kick Marth's *** by reading a summary of all the good diddys advice.

So far we haven't even gone back to finish the summary of characters such as Wario
"Soon to come; need sleep before a tournament...
Last edited by Sails; 04-30-2011 at 01:40 AM."

-.-
I'm working on summaries too. Have patience young padawan. Even if you read a summary, nothings better than actually playing and noticing things yourself...and so on and so on. But yeah. Summaries to be written also. Don't rush me *****!:awesome:

Oonai

Smash Cadet
I'm working on summaries too. Have patience young padawan. Even if you read a summary, nothings better than actually playing and noticing things yourself...and so on and so on. But yeah. Summaries to be written also. Don't rush me *****!:awesome:

Word.

Sorry for being an impatient monkey. lol.... I DO appreciate the work :awesome:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
BUMP

This thread has been pretty inactive and we still have a ton of matchups to go through. A lot of people have been asking for advice in the Social thread, but I think it's time for a re-revival of this thread. :metaknight:'s gonna be used a lot less which means that the characters we don't have info on will be used a lot more.

Top Bottom