• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrel of Matchups Character # 12 Snake

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I think diddy has a lot of really good options on snake when he's coming down from the air. I realized it's kinda dumb to throw bananas up, but just to place them where he's going to land, and then predict the b stick grenade so you can grab him or something.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Wyatt-

"Snake is gay. Time him out when you get a lead. Shield first hit of ftilt and smash throw banana, use monkey flip, but not carelessly. Gimp him off stage if you can.

Snake is gay gay gay"

That's my best impression.

tibs7

Smash Champion
6:4 snakes advantage easily. can gimp us soooo easily, doesnt die and kills us early. how can this be 50/50.

tibs7

Smash Champion
LOL, yes he actually can, its called back air....stays out for like 600000 frames and if we touch it we lose our barrels..

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
He's super slow in the air, Snake would rather set up his field position with mines, grenades, c4 than chase you, and you can just hold your barrels until his bair ends or just not use the barrels at all.

I have never seen a top snake gimp a diddy with anything but c4 or maybe the occasional (lucky) fair.

If you throw a grenade at our barrels we have to be charging them before you actually throw it (I'm pretty sure we can just charge it and not deploy them)
And Diddy will not recover with barrels at level with the stage and snake will not have enough time to get above diddy and drop a grenade. He's too slow in the air.

Nikita only works if diddy is recovering low and when diddy DI'd badly (from a ftilt or throw)

Jumps above you and c4? yea that's pretty rare.

Show me videos of this happening. Theory crafting is stupid especially with snake (even though this isn't really "theory crafting")

nash123

Smash Journeyman

*throws grenade at your barrel*
*laughs*

*hovers nikita in a circle a bit under and away from ledge*
*laughs*

*runs out and bairs you*
*laughs*

*jumps above you and drops and explodes a c4*
*laughs*
So, explain to me exactly how your gonna hit him with a nade, diddies don't typically upb above stage ya know, way to think that thru brudda, keep it real but whatever your fckin susa errthang you say is right ya digg?
*laughs*

Gnes

Smash Master
LOLZ

I love u guys.

The reason snake is 60-40 is not because of gimps, but because he is nearly unapproachable. Thats why when u get the lead, keep it by all means possible.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
How would those actually gimp Diddy? Besides the Bair, all of those send Diddy up and then he can just recover normally...Unless he DI's into the stage and stage spikes himself, I don't see them to be that much of a threat.

True about approaching...Just keep probing with bananas and insta-throwing those grenades back.

nash123

Smash Journeyman
How would those actually gimp Diddy? Besides the Bair, all of those send Diddy up and then he can just recover normally...Unless he DI's into the stage and stage spikes himself, I don't see them to be that much of a threat.

True about approaching...Just keep probing with bananas and insta-throwing those grenades back.
shutup dont question susa hes right fgt

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Give Diddy lazer peanuts and d3's grab range. gg snake

Srsly though, it's all in the monkey hump, and grabs, but mostly the monkey hump. :3

Count

Smash Champion
Wyatt can't beat Antis snake..gnes can't beat razer..AZ sometimes loses to nope even though nope isn't as good as those other snakes..snake is clearly our worst nemesis.

he doesn't die, you can't approach him, etc.

Wyatt is good against snake, but if a snake knows the matchup (anti) then its soooo hard.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
thanks,
but wat about wen he's spamming the nades,

its really hard to approach,
and which is better, the down air or up b for the spike
Instant throw the grenades back at him, but watch out if he is cooking them...If he's cooking them, just jump to avoid them since if he strips it from you the smaller fuse may not allow you to get away in time. When you start throwing them back, he will have to shield and will give you a chance to get closer and probe with bananas...I don't like to be in range of his grab without him being tripped.

Dair is always safer than barrel spike because if you don't space it correctly, the barrels will be deployed because of the cypher.

snake is clearly our worst nemesis.

That being said, he's my favorite match up...Be prepared to do work son.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
Instant throw the grenades back at him, but watch out if he is cooking them...If he's cooking them, just jump to avoid them since if he strips it from you the smaller fuse may not allow you to get away in time. When you start throwing them back, he will have to shield and will give you a chance to get closer and probe with bananas...I don't like to be in range of his grab without him being tripped.

Dair is always safer than barrel spike because if you don't space it correctly, the barrels will be deployed because of the cypher.

That being said, he's my favorite match up...Be prepared to do work son.
so is wyatt adhd?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I did see something in the ally vs adhd matches back at apex which I thought could be a good gimp thing for snake but I've only seen ally do it and only once so I'll keep that to myself ^.^

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I advise you to all to face Snake's who actually watch you recover.

More Snake's are worried about winning, know Snake isn't awesome offstage, so set up shop on stage. While this works, I feel it's mostly useless.

If you hear NOW!, unless you ALREADY SEE the C4 nowhere near you, press shield. Seriously. If you can't see it, you are probably on it or under it. Just get in the habit of pressing shield.

If you see a mine, please. Run over it, perfect shield it. Roll over it. Throw a banana on it. Stop letting us use it against you.

Oh hey, you just made shop useless!

*throws slightly cooked grenade*
*grenade strips it above your predicted (and best) point in which to use up-B*
*laughs*

Also I take everything I say, straight from actually performing it. Many times. We are able to wrack damage on you when you try to recover, and unless you manage to avoid things perfectly, or we don't fully understand the matchup (which includes offstage knowledge and how to gimp you) you will get gimped.

The moral of the story? Up-B from random *** places so it's harder for me to predict you. Just make sure those random spots are still safe.

Bair hits you up if you DI up, also you assume (save nikita) that I don't plan to followup the explosion with an aerial.

tibs7

Smash Champion
p1, you talking bout that fsmash yeah....
but yeah i get gimped from the grenade strip above my up-b alot, its too good.

Gnes

Smash Master
Wyatt can't beat Antis snake..gnes can't beat razer..AZ sometimes loses to nope even though nope isn't as good as those other snakes..snake is clearly our worst nemesis.

Wyatt is good against snake, but if a snake knows the matchup (anti) then its soooo hard.
Pretty much. The difference at least between me and wyatt is that hes actually good at the matchup...yet he still gets ****ed over by Anti(though i think anti doesnt play singles anymore).

Hmm...one thing i must say is that if ur doing the approaching in this matchup and its working.

A. The snake ur playing does not know the matchup

B. The person playing is very below your skill level

C. well u get the point.

Approaching in this matchup will not work. Always wait for snake to make the first move and respond appropriately. I was advocate of playing aggressively a little while back, that completely fails. Get the lead, and don't ever approach or u will lose.

rvkevin

Smash Lord

*throws slightly cooked grenade*
*grenade strips it above your predicted (and best) point in which to use up-B*
*laughs*
Any vids, I'm curious if the grenade's explosion deploys the barrels or the Diddy blasts head first into the grenade. My first impression is the grenade exploding would be too time intensive so I assume the latter, in which there are ways around it. Doesn't grenade stripping mean that you're making your opponent dropping it, or does it also refer to it dropping out of the air as well?

Gnes, can we agree that we can approach to say...maybe right outside of Snakes Ftilt range and be happy?

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
so we jest wait till the snake screws up. or leaves himself open

ADHD

Smash Hero
Pretty much. The difference at least between me and wyatt is that hes actually good at the matchup...yet he still gets ****ed over by Anti(though i think anti doesnt play singles anymore).

Hmm...one thing i must say is that if ur doing the approaching in this matchup and its working.

A. The snake ur playing does not know the matchup

B. The person playing is very below your skill level

C. well u get the point.

Approaching in this matchup will not work. Always wait for snake to make the first move and respond appropriately. I was advocate of playing aggressively a little while back, that completely fails. Get the lead, and don't ever approach or u will lose.
It's not true. You HAVE to approach. At least until you have a minor lead. But either way, snake will somehow make it back up and even it out. You can't play aggressive, but you can't be overly passive. It's about baiting snake into whatever. Just know you can't make any mistakes, but he can make a million and get away with it.

@Susa, **** you smoking! Snake can't gimp diddy lol, only with a bair and that's situational.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
It's not true. You HAVE to approach. At least until you have a minor lead. But either way, snake will somehow make it back up and even it out. You can't play aggressive, but you can't be overly passive. It's about baiting snake into whatever. Just know you can't make any mistakes, but he can make a million and get away with it.

@Susa, **** you smoking! Snake can't gimp diddy lol, only with a bair and that's situational.
but its true, snake has a hard time killing diddy,
i usually live to like 160 0r 180

but diddy cant kill him,

white peachy

Smash Ace
but its true, snake has a hard time killing diddy,
i usually live to like 160 0r 180

but diddy cant kill him,
Diddy has to get snake to the edge of the stage to reliably kill him before 180-200%. He should be able to kill you by 120-130% maximum with utilt. This to me, is the most frustrating aspect of the matchup, snake just lives forever and is loaded with kill moves and superior camping abilities.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
ADHD.... aren't all gimps... pretty situational usually?

It's already situational in the fact we have to get you off stage.

@Gheb
We can pivot grab you out of every single one of your attacks. All of them.

ADHD

Smash Hero
ADHD.... aren't all gimps... pretty situational usually?

It's already situational in the fact we have to get you off stage.

@Gheb
We can pivot grab you out of every single one of your attacks. All of them.
No you can't <_< YOU CAN'T PIVOT GRAB A GLIDETOSS, WUT! And all characters can pivot grab diddy's side b, its really hard to do though (unless your DDD and naturally grab everything frame perfectly.)

Top Bottom