• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrels of Matchups~ [MAIN INDEX]

Browny

Smash Hater
that matchup chart is quite hard to read >_<
and why did you use tier list 2.0 when you made it?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Never actually "shut down" the discussions; the whole point of the separate threads is to allow people to bring up new points in the match-ups as they are risen long after the original discussion is dead. This way the discussion is contained to that thread only and is not clogging up a general match-up discussion.

I like the idea of 3-4 days, though I think 5 days might be warranted on the harder match-ups or less discussed ones (I wouldn't mind doing that for Luigi, Peach, and heck, even Pikachu, who we never talked about last time).

TreK

Is "that guy"
Never actually "shut down" the discussions; the whole point of the separate threads is to allow people to bring up new points in the match-ups as they are risen long after the original discussion is dead. This way the discussion is contained to that thread only and is not clogging up a general match-up discussion.

I like the idea of 3-4 days, though I think 5 days might be warranted on the harder match-ups or less discussed ones (I wouldn't mind doing that for Luigi, Peach, and heck, even Pikachu, who we never talked about last time).
yup, the original idea was to allow bumps when someone needed help or everytime something new was discovered, i remember reading that

idk about the "3-4 days", couldn't we just see by ourselves when is a discussion...discussed ?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Discuss Jigglypuff next cause were discussing you right now.

Lol my secondary is discussing my main thats weird @_@

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Don't bring that dumb link up again.
Does it look like I did? No.

I'm waiting for a real in person no johns match to be recorded. Then that one can count.

Stop facing me with Peach at in person tournies and give me your all.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Pikas are re-discussing the Diddy Kong matchup.

Hey boys (and any fellow girls lurking around):

The Pikachu boards are starting off with Diddy in our Matchup Re-Discussion thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238110

Please come and contribute if you can. There's been a bit of discussion already.

Thanks!

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
For the love of God, remove that advantage on Olimar. That's simply incorrect :\ Even at best.
That's personal opinion. I think the majority of us say the match-up is 50-50 but it's always debatable from player to player since we all approach the match-up differently (I'm assuming since people hold different opinions).

Note: If it seems like I haven't been posting on the recent match-ups it's because Wichita does not have any Luigi, Peach, Olimar, or Puff mains.

I'll wait for matches like Marth, Snake, Wario, Fox and so on.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
That's personal opinion. I think the majority of us say the match-up is 50-50 but it's always debatable from player to player since we all approach the match-up differently (I'm assuming since people hold different opinions).
That majority includes me; I just never saw anybody say it was in Diddy's advantage in the thread, only even. It seemed out of place to suddenly say it was Diddy's advantage without the discussion saying that.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
That majority includes me; I just never saw anybody say it was in Diddy's advantage in the thread, only even. It seemed out of place to suddenly say it was Diddy's advantage without the discussion saying that.
???, ADHD said it was 55-45 for Diddy, and LeThien said he agreed with ADHD but was leaning towards 50-50 at the moment, but likely to shift in favor of Diddy in the future. I think its slightly Diddy's advantage, just follow ADHD's advice on approaching and Olimar won't be that bad...

DFEAR

Smash Hero
me and lee agreed it was diddy's advantage by a handful o.o i even put my input in :p

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Mreh, put it back, then. I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. :\
You're biased XP

You and I face DanGR waaaay too much to not think Olimar is a beast against everyone. DanGR is just made of skill, and it probably makes you think it's a bad matchup for Diddy. Don't worry, he makes me feel the same way about Pika vs Olimar. He just plays smart and knows his matchups really well.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
A lot of complaints about Falco have been floating around.

I think Wario and Snake are giving us issues too, at least, that's what I know.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
to the community...
next two characters to discuss? ill post the threads in two days...imma be out for a while need to do some...errands o-o

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Falcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalcofalco

DFEAR

Smash Hero
so i guess its up to u, player-1, to help the other diddys out on the falco matchup. u said it was easy now go be a good ol chap and hero to everyone here.

btw i support the easy part =3 falco has NOTHING on this! *points to us*

so falco...and uh wario? random um any other suggestions i want to talk about wario later.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ZSS it is...i have this rival named Nick Riddle who MUST GO DOWN!!!

falco and ZSS coming in TWO DAYS!!! HYPE...dont stop discussion for current threads pls...

Player-1

Smash Legend
so i guess its up to u, player-1, to help the other diddys out on the falco matchup. u said it was easy now go be a good ol chap and hero to everyone here.

btw i support the easy part =3 falco has NOTHING on this! *points to us*

so falco...and uh wario? random um any other suggestions i want to talk about wario later.
I'm not great at explaining matchups

DFEAR

Smash Hero
pls????

walrus face for u?

>:{3

look ^^^ i gave it an angry unibrow and a mustachio!

Bellioes

Smash Lord
pls????

walrus face for u?

>:{3

look ^^^ i gave it an angry unibrow and a mustachio!
lol
you always post funny posts :laugh:

EDIT: Guess I could learn a littl emore about ZSS. I really dont anything about the MU except to avoid here Dsmash :(

DFEAR

Smash Hero
quote is top tire :p

i just want to know what to do in the first stock of the match most importantly dealing with her armor parts, the amount of hits it can do, what happens during which throws, and the amount of time they appear, etc.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Well I saw a match where the ZSS had at least one part the whole match. IIRC, the guide says its 20 sec but the timer only diminishes while the parts are immobile on the ground (like Diddys bananas)
And this makes sense since I can sometimes make my bananas last 20-30 seconds and the time span of bananas are only like, what, 2-3 secs while on the ground?
And they can hit you any number of times, Im sure of that at least.

Guess I know more than I thought lol

DFEAR

Smash Hero
-=CURRENTLY DISCUSSING FALCO AND ZSS=-
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7740948#post7740948
and
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7740941#post7740941

oh and i added an extra little update to the main index.

To each matchup a character will recieve its own individual ratio banana as such

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Jiggleypuff

Ratio: 50:50 Neutral
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7686061#post7686061
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

hope ya like...anyway discuss ZSS n Falco :3

edit:
oh and im always open to new suggestions to make the main index better. its ours, remember that.

edit 2:
after this matchup discussion im gonna start re-doing each matchup thread's first post and post specific content relating to the matchup i.e. like match videos, posting stage bans stage cps and videos on why they are etc etc. :3

Top Bottom