• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Weakness

Masterchef1123

Smash Apprentice
Now, I know this forum is mostly viewed by Diddy Kong players not as much as Diddy Kong Destroyers.
But I want to bring a problem I face to attention.
I need to know how to beat Diddy Kong.
Now my friend who is great w/ Diddy and Ice Climbers
Told me about this strategy

Pit

Pit's strategy against Diddy Kong revolves around his arrows and his b side reflector.
To keep Diddy from causing damage on you from far away use your magical arrows to keep him back
When he throws banana's at you use B side
Try and keep him at least in banana throwing distance.
Diddy's close up game is very dangerous to so use shield and rolls often.
You want to use basic Pit AT to keep him back​

If you have any ideas please list them here I will give you credit.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
pit is not that hard of a matchup for diddy if anything

try being luigi if he knows how to abuse ur sliding then just stick with ur main and be good with bananas and zoning him out etc etc insert obvious stuff

Masterchef1123

Smash Apprentice
pit is not that hard of a matchup for diddy if anything

try being luigi if he knows how to abuse ur sliding then just stick with ur main and be good with bananas and zoning him out etc etc insert obvious stuff
Well I was pit against my best friend and almost won.
and could you explain a bit more with luigi

DFEAR

Smash Hero
luigi is diddy noob friendly

and a helpful strategy is abuse everything about luigi lol

alt-F4

Smash Ace
when it comes to pit v diddy arrowing camping isnt too hard to get around. its mostly power shield-> approach... rinse repeat. if he can bait your reflector he can jump over and punish you hard and you always rolling when he gets close can get really predictable and punished hard as well. i dont actually know too much about pit, but i can only imagine that getting diddy in the air and punishing spot dodges with your rediculous multi hit moves would be a good option. as well as following him off the stage to gimp, since you have all those jumps... just dont get caught with your wings out.

as for luigi he slides incredibly far when hit by bananas making it incredibly difficult, if not nearly impossible, to punish banana trips. this would mean he cant consistly get banana throw-> grab/dash attack/smash attack. with out those diddy's dmg racking starts to tank drastically. once luigi gets diddy in the air he does his normal luigi fair/uair shenanigans with some nair/dair thrown in to do stupid things to you. also diddy will have to stale the crap out of fair since its the only thing that really competes with luigis aerials making it even harder for him to kill. not to mentions luigis fsmash and up b can kill at stupidly low percents makes him a very hard match up for diddy.

edit: i hope that helps some... i hope someone else can weigh in a little too cause i am kind of noobish.

Top Bottom