• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Tricksies

IDK

Smash Lord
think you could make it a little easier to read? like... as in... style/setup/organization.

Dekar173

Justice Man
For the one question you have in your post AZ,

to counter Pit being a flamer on the ledge, get close and fastgrab the ledge. You steal it from him, and have faster aerials so you're probably gonna rack up some damage. You can also do this against Plankers if you practice the timing. Easiest with CF.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So I've been working on some more tricksies, some of this is sorta well known:

-Dtilt > stutter step Fsmash (works usually only once, but its great because it'll usually just clip their shield so if their shield wears down they will get hit, especially big characters, and also you will generally be just out of reach of being shield grabbed against most characters)

-Up-B inside Norfair's little safety dome thing. Up-B underneith it when someone is inside (or do it inside it when someone is in there with you or above you while you are inside)

-Jab > grab
-Dtilt > grab
-Jab > dtilt > grab

-Against characters like Marth during their recovery: just before they up-B try to edge hog, have a banana in your hand. They will obviously shoot above the stage, so once they do get off the edge, banana, and then either : 1)Fair 2)uair > utilts at low percent 3)land and Usmash/smash attack

-Tons of grab release stuff. Grab release > dtilt works occasionally, test out different things on Lylat when the stage slants and you could have interesting results.
-Grab release at the edge can lead to >
1) spike (stolen from ADHD)
2) if you Dsmash JUST after you grab release against some characters (like Marth) and they immediately jump and try to air attack, then your dsmash will connect on them just before they can get to you and you can get an easy low percent gimp
3) you can also dtilt > other follow ups like spike/fair
4) Once you catch them with the Dsmash they will likely hold away after the grab release. Now is your chance to follow them with fairs/peanuts/nanas/spikes

-Whenever I drop through a platform I press Z (well, not 100% of the time). The banana drops and falls with you but the opponent has NO idea that there is an active projectile. This has saved my *** more times than I can count. MK is beneith you on BF and you think your gonna get nado'd? Just drop and press Z (and fsmash when you land ROFL).

-I'm Working on using rising fairs/bairs to grab nanas on the ground.

-Against bigger characters with a platform above you @ low percents: Usmash > Dair > Usmash > follow
-similar: dair > Usmash works on many characters on flat ground at low percents

-more to come.

Top Bottom