• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's #1 worst matchup

IDK

Smash Lord
1. Ok, I'll try to be more specific next time.

2. Your definition of spamming is off. Smash wiki says it is when a move is used repetitively. doesn't say you have to only press a or b. That's like saying just because you have to press down on the control stick too, it automatically means it not spam. Diddy's bananas can be dangerous in the hands of a smart player.
you said it yourself.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I think it's gnw now because he's floaty and likes to jump alot meaning it's hard to naner combo him and if you go head to toe you get outprioritized like mad. There's still some tricks diddy has tho

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Falco isn't that bad. I go smart single bannana and tons of grabs to keep him off his feet. Also, funny enough, a single peanut ***** his recovery.

DUB

Smash Lord
I dont have any trouble with G&W. It may be just me, but i shut down his aerial approaches with backerds glide tosses. Tough to really gimp his recovery but if he's on the ground and you got a naner in your hand you should be alright. The predictable key drop they do is naner bait all day. Just keep your distance till he's not on his feet anymore.

MK is pretty 50:50 in my mind too. I use a lot more bananas though to counter his gaynado or aerials.

I haven't played a really good Falco so I can't tell you too much about that one.

FishStix

Smash Cadet
I always have a really hard time playing against my crew's Pika. That might just be because he's really good though :shrug:

and to the haters: I am new to this board, and personally this topic seems very relevant and appropriate. Don't listen to the haters, just continue conversation.

King~

Smash Champion
i find that chacters with really long range and quick attacks do weel aginst diddy.

marths sword just was brutal but this could be from lack of match up exprience(used to doing it with falco). and olimars who camp are really effective, cause downsmash and up smash are spamable, and pikmin will keep a banana from hitting him. his Fair outpriortizes diddys Fair and Bair. the only thing i find remotley effective is grabs but its har getting to him to get one off.

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't Diddy have a pretty tough time against G&W? I hear that chef knocks diddy out of his jetpack, and all of his arials seem to beat Diddy's, and turtle picks up bananas...
yeah, G&W sounds like a tough match to beat.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Doesn't Diddy have a pretty tough time against G&W? I hear that chef knocks diddy out of his jetpack, and all of his arials seem to beat Diddy's, and turtle picks up bananas...
yeah, G&W sounds like a tough match to beat.
He's my worst matchup but I'm learning to deal with him

Esca

Smash Champion
Actually Diddy Kong has options against Metaknight. He can cartwheel to Fair, Ftilt, Glidetoss to Fsmash/Dsmash and Fthrow/BThrow (though that is at 130%).

And people have spiked metaknight with z drop banana to Dair. And Footstool jump to barrel spike. It is really hard, but it is an answer to it.

Answer to Yoshididdy, footstool to barrel doesn't work, the footstool sends them too low too fast, footstool to dair hits.

kkkoala

Smash Cadet
Ice Climbers.
ic is every1's worste matchup imo

dittys 2nd worste matchup is people who r decent ditty players themselves (good nana theives), 3rd os oli, oli is just annoying... i feel like a noob having to spam dittyhump on him

IDK

Smash Lord
Melee Sucks. It has no Diddy.
if you put diddy into melee... he's instant top tier. with all that hitstun every move he had would involve some sort of infinite. I have been playing some melee marth lately though... what if someone hacked melee and put in some brawl chars?

suweibunmeister

Smash Cadet
if you put diddy into melee... he's instant top tier. with all that hitstun every move he had would involve some sort of infinite. I have been playing some melee marth lately though... what if someone hacked melee and put in some brawl chars?
epicly impossible =_=

and bigmack, didn't you tell me toon link was a really bad matchup for diddy because of the easy gimp spike?

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
i like being squirtle against diddy. he seems to own char and to some extent ivy but most of squirtles aerials either out prioritize diddys or they cancel each other out.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
It just aint right that the lightest character in the game can kill better than... most of the cast.

<3 GaW.

Top Bottom