• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddys alternate c-stick options.

Ghoom

Smash Cadet
So tonight I was futsing around with other c-sticks for diddy. I put tilts on it and was very pleasantly surprized. This really brought my diddy game to a new level. One of the best things about it is you just push the stick in any direction during a dash and it instantly goes into the dash attack. I read about this on a thread about b-sticking and such. this was very very useful. This is MUCH faster then just a regular dash attack. I started using the u-tilt and d-tilt and absoulutly fell in love with both of them. d-tilts pops up most char right into f-air range about 110%. I was comboing with dash attack and d-tilt left and right. Took a meta from 0 to dead with roll > d-tilt> d-tlit> roll> bair> dair.

I'm not sure if anyone else can vouch for the tilt-stick. I'm also not playing against any competitive smashers. so maybe it was just noob bashing luck. but i really feel like the tilt-stick is a very viable option for diddy. The boost the the dash attack warrants it enought. I also rarely used smash c-stick. Maybe for u-airs from dash/dash attack. Please tell me what you guys think.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
how did you set it for tilts?

I've not seen that option for the stick.

Would you mind going to your configuration screen and telling me what it says?

This sounds great.

btw, dtilt is one of diddy's best moves.

Robiin

Smash Cadet
You can set the C-stick to "Attack". Tap c-stick in any direction to do a tilt attack in that direction. That's super for a diddy player :)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well, when the C-stick is on default (which is what, A attacks? Smash attacks? i forget the exact name), hitting the stick in any direction except up will result in a dash attack. Up will just make him do his Usmash. As for using the c-stick for tilts while not moving...dunno how useful that would be for me personally, but if it helped you out greatly then good job

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
I love my Smash stick so much though, but I may give this a try.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I like to use the c-stick options for Diddy in order to get off an attack with a slight jump. Just tapping up with the joystick or pressing y once makes Diddy jump very high, therefore it's hard to pull off a low jump attack with him. When I tilt the joystick up and c-stick down instantly at the same time I can apply his down-smash with very little jump. I also do the same for forward airs and back airs with little jump. I like to perform forward and back airs this way on blitz attacks, however Diddy must stop briefly for it to work otherwise he applys a cartwheel.

SmashingFleX

Smash Apprentice
I have a really big Problems with using the Tilts since I play Smash.. 80%, when I wanna do a Tilt I just do a Smash Attack :( ! So maybe this will help me :)

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
cstick can also do u and d tilts on default too. If you hold up or down then cstick in the same direction it does a tilt.

Easiest way to do tilts is to buffer them. By this I mean hold L/R/U/D while the animation of another move is ending (dash attack for example) then just hit A since you're already holding a specific direction and a tilt comes out.

Cronos_1

Smash Rookie
I've just recently set my C-stick to attack while playing as Diddy and have found my game has massively improved <<. Normally when me and my friends play matches are either decided with the winner with one or two stock left but recently with Diddy I've been able to pull away a bit and am winning on a more consistant 2 and even three stock left wins.

Constant ability to abuse Utilt, Ftilt, and Dtilt has increase my spacing ability and my combo ability. I feel much more loose with Diddy and his style feels even more fluid.

Ghoom

Smash Cadet
Yes I am glad people are experimenting with the tilt-stick. I don't think I could ever go back to reglular. I've been able to pull off some funky things with it. mainly with the bananas. in you drop one and stand right on it and use the tilt stick down you pick up the banana and short hop, then tilt it down at the top of your jump to throw it back down, then when you get down with the SH do it all again. Executing this would have been very complicated with all of the different buttons you would need to be pressing. You can do this real fast jsut hitting down on the tilt stick over a banana. How usefull is it? I've actually found it alittle usefull. It looks pretty odd. Will catch most anyone off guard he first time you use it. Seems like a usefull bait techniqe. Your banana hopping they dash in. The banana is in constant motion. If they get under you, they slip and: A. you catch the banana and do it again. B: banana slides off in another dirrection and they are on the ground while you are diddy clapping them sense less. I've uses this direction in front of opponents before. I hopped over 3 conseccutive lucas oversmashes only to throw my banana down and then come out of the hop with a f-air getting the KO. I want some of you guys to try this out and tell me what you think. I see at least alittle potential here. If not only just for the baiting.

blueluigi

Smash Rookie
i think the tilt-stick on diddy is equally as useful as the smash-stick. his real game is in the air and they both perform the same actions. on ground, i think the tilts and smash can be equally useful.

Top Bottom