• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's Voice

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I heard that it's the same as it was in Brawl.

A shame though. I wish he sounded more like this.

I say this is his best voice so far.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I like Diddy's voice from DK64 and Double Dash!! the most, but I like his brawl voice more than his DKCR voice.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Diddy seems to use his DK64-voice clips in Mario Golf: World Tour again:

I don't expect his voice to be changed on the cartoony side though after seeing DK and Bowser.

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man, but his old DKC sound clips will always be my favorite. But if Diddy really does keep his Brawl voice, then I think it should be fine. It fits his character well enough without going too cartoony or too realistic.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I also prefer Diddy's DK64 voice. He sounds less like a wild animal and more like a plucky teen. Generally speaking, I don't like that the animal characters in the Smash Bros. games make generic animal noises instead of having their "canon" voices. I'd love to hear Donkey Kong's goofy voice from DKJB / DKCR / DKCTF, or Bowser's laugh from Mario 64. It would really bring out their personalities.

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
I still like Diddy's voice from DK64 the most, especially when he pull out his popguns. Hohooo!

Top Bottom