• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Didy Kong OP?

Koga

Smash Journeyman
Maybe this is the wrong place for this, but, being that Didy can eat his peanuts isn't it concievable that once he gets a kill while waiting for the opponent to respawn he could fire a lot of peanuts, eat them, and recover at least a reasonably decent amout of % and now have a slight advanatge over other characters?

that's why recovery items are generally considered OP right?

I know that some final smashes recover hp, but that's a little different situation because they're, well, final smashes and they really define the characters.

just wondering if anyone else thought about this.

Rex+

Smash Ace
The peanuts would probably have to hit something before they break open.
On tourney levels, such as Battlefield and, possibly Final Destination, there's no walls or objects.
Besides, wouldn't it seem logical that if you turned all items off, that the edible peanuts would appear?

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
It won't heal much damage, but yes I have thought of this before.
It'd make Diddy the kind of fighter that you can't leave alone for a while because he'll just recover. I like it quite frankly.

Tanea

Smash Ace
i think that it will take a while for it to be a big amount of damage that is recovered they will also most likely not show up so much and during multi-player i dont' think that it will be to big of an issue

Koga

Smash Journeyman
I know, it kind of changes a little bit of the game dynamic, it might have to hit something but still, if there's a level with a wall or something to hit he could shoot at that and recover life

oh, and the food in the party ball didn't recover much but you could still recover alot by eating it all

Koga

Smash Journeyman
wow i thought there would be more thoughts on this, huh...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I don't think it'll be that common. Sakurai says that the gun rarely duds and pops out a healing nut. I doubt you'd be able to spam B when someone is falling to their death to get a whole bunch of peanuts, otherwise there wouldn't be a point to the gun then, would there?

Koga

Smash Journeyman
^is that suggesting the gun is a useless projectile move? when it can posibly give you heals? honestly, i've never seen a really useless projectiles, some better than others, but none that are useless

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Then why isn't Ness banned in team mode? Fox can laser him while he does his Magnet and recover health....Samus can beam him...etc. etc. Even in normal battles he can still absorb and recover health.

Peanuts will take him to eat even while waiting for the opponent to recover.

Mama

Smash Ace
I seriously doubt it'll be really useful. They might only recover low amounts of damage. And even then he might not get enough edible peanuts to really gain back a decent amount.

Top Bottom