• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Different

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
As most of you know, it's insanely hard to combo someone in Brawl. It's so hard that it's nearly impossible. So alot of you may be wondering, why even have a "Combo" section for Super Smash Brothers Brawl? That question is valid.

So instead of "Combos", I believe this section should be called "Cool **** I did with someone." Most likely it won't be changed to that, but just think of it that way when you visit this particular section of Brawl. We know combos hardly exist in Brawl, therefore we don't need whiny *****es reminding us of that every time we look in a thread.

So remember, "Cool **** I did with someone" or "Hey look, I just performed somewhat impressive actions with this playable character."

Something along those lines.

Bane

Smash Journeyman
Considering the game isn't out for a month yet, it's a touch early to write off combos entirely. Brawl has new physics that'll take getting used to, and I'm willing to keep on trying to improve, and see where we get, rather then write it off. Though by posting here I'm enabling this needless debate, so I'll just leave it at that.

W.Jr

Smash Lord
true but the game only been out month and some. Give it some time, people will start have some sick find and combos

rockn&rolln

Smash Rookie
Why is everyone saying give it some time, no matter how much time you give it that won't change the fact that the airdodge is broken.

Bane

Smash Journeyman
Why is everyone saying give it some time, no matter how much time you give it that won't change the fact that the airdodge is broken.
I'm not saying the old stuff will come back, I'm saying that it's a new game, and eventually we'll find more about it that allows us to play better, familiarity will always be pushed into exploration. We've barely dipped our toes, so it's a bit early to judge how deep the lake is, and I doubt we'll have sounded it with any accuracy for a good couple years, so sit back and look forward to it, or move on, the shores too crowded anyways... I could continue the metaphor, but I've already beaten it half to death; so I digress...

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
Arguing semantics is silly, but I didn't start the thread, so anyway...

"Combos" doesn't necessarily always have to mean a completely inescapable series of events. Even many of the better-known melee "combo" vids weren't entirely filled with completely inescapable chains of moves. I'd suggest that the term "combo videos" could be used interchangeably with "highlight videos" or "montage videos".

Whatever term you use, if it's a video that's well put-together and shows off exciting things happening in the game, people will want to watch it.

In short, call 'em whatever you want, but don't rant 'cause you don't like what somebody else calls 'em. And if you're just ranting because you're disappointed with the brawl combo system, this isn't the place.

-GK

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
Arguing semantics is silly, but I didn't start the thread, so anyway...

"Combos" doesn't necessarily always have to mean a completely inescapable series of events. Even many of the better-known melee "combo" vids weren't entirely filled with completely inescapable chains of moves. I'd suggest that the term "combo videos" could be used interchangeably with "highlight videos" or "montage videos".

Whatever term you use, if it's a video that's well put-together and shows off exciting things happening in the game, people will want to watch it.

In short, call 'em whatever you want, but don't rant 'cause you don't like what somebody else calls 'em. And if you're just ranting because you're disappointed with the brawl combo system, this isn't the place.

-GK
A combo is inescapable. Period. There are no exceptions just because someone wants the stuff that they do considered a combo. It's only a combo if you can do it again with 100% confidence. With Brawl its like you base your series of consecutive moves by whether or not your opponent decides to air dodge or not.

orintemple

Smash Lord
This is wierd, there are at least 2 threads that DON'T have videos in the combo video section. That is something new I must say.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
There's nothing wrong with calling them music, montage, clips, or "look at me kick people's ***** with (insert character here)" Combo video sounds better to most people, even though it's technically a music video or montage at this point.

Sumtime

Smash Cadet
A combo to me is a series of inescapable attacks, even if they are not all in a row.

Top Bottom