• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Difficulty doing the hitting

mattco86

Smash Rookie
Ok, maybe I just don't have the reflexes but I'm at a bit of a loss. Nearly everyone I've played against is way better than me and yet I've been playing since the first Smash Bros came out. My biggest problem is getting a hit on the enemy. They constantly hit me before I hit them. No matter how fast I smash the button it's like I simply cannot hit someone or as if my attack was negated. I played a few matches with this random guy and his hit chance was between 46-61% and he won all (5?). My hit chance was 15% every single time. And my win rate is 12.82%. I just don't get it at this point. Maybe it's a prediction thing? I can't predict what the person is going to do but they can predict what I am?

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Ok, maybe I just don't have the reflexes but I'm at a bit of a loss. Nearly everyone I've played against is way better than me and yet I've been playing since the first Smash Bros came out. My biggest problem is getting a hit on the enemy. They constantly hit me before I hit them. No matter how fast I smash the button it's like I simply cannot hit someone or as if my attack was negated. I played a few matches with this random guy and his hit chance was between 46-61% and he won all (5?). My hit chance was 15% every single time. And my win rate is 12.82%. I just don't get it at this point. Maybe it's a prediction thing? I can't predict what the person is going to do but they can predict what I am?
You're playing on For Glory (With input lag as well).

That's the problem.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Even offline has input lag, but it's minuscule. It's about 6-7 frames, and no, you can't count that as much as you think you might.

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
You could also play more defensivly and punish their unsafe moves, especially if you're going agaisnt people who constantly attack.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
That's the thing with online for me too sometimes. It feels like everything gets beat out, but it's very likely lag due to playing online in general. Everything you normally can do can be done granted you adjust to input your buttons earlier.

Top Bottom