• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Digimon writers sure can make me rage.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Link to original post: Digimon writers sure can make me rage.

So after hours upon hours of lurking on the internet, I find this on a message board.

The only reason that Matt and Sora happened was because all the writers were going to be fired after the second season ended. So they bull****ted the whole Myotismon was behind everything and Matt and Sora stuff out of spite. Not even kidding.

So I'm asking, "wtf are you serious?"

and I get...

Remember the Dark Ocean and that evil shadowy ocean digimon that looked like a giant octopus when Kari got sucked into that world?

Yeah, they sorta dumped that plan and went "HURP IT WAS MYOTISMON" and ended the season without explaining anything about the dark ocean and the evil digimon inside it.

.......................And you know what. I really hope this is true. Because I NEED closure after that bull**** ending.

Auughhhhhh. MattxSora is so ****ing stupid. Way to troll the **** out of me Digimon. Way to go.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Wait, so that's why MaloMyotismon was the main villain of Season 2? That blows.

Season 1 was amazing (except for Apocalymon; cool powers but another one of those "The princess is in another castle!" moments), Season 2 sucked until about halfway through, then it got good. MaloMyotismon at least was cool, but yeah having him in the season at all was pretty silly.

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
*Is probably the biggest Digimon fan in his town* I've been a fan of the show since I was like 6 and I'm 18 now there probably isn't anything I don't know about digimon. I even gotz my own fanfic lol.

To be honest the entirety of Season 2 was poorly constructed although loved the new digimon (Veemon especially) The season fell apart pretty much from the start they introduced so many new evil mon but never stuck with one to make him the main of the series. Dragomon from the Dark Ocean then they had Daemon a DEMON LORD and 2nd in command at that get "sealed" in the dark ocean.

He is far to powerful to simply be "sealed" away if anything Daemon would have required the entire digital world to seal him not BelialVamdemon plus he was a spirit? Dosen't that kind of contradict the fact when digimon die they become digitama and are reborn? Same thing with Wizardmon. Season 2 was just a mess.

Although kudo's to the movies they were the best movies in the Digimon Franchise. PS Season 5 was the best.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I loved Digimon, with the first generation. Ya know, with the same kids you're talking about. Actually, I'm gonna start watching the first season soon (not with the elvis monkey-mon, seen that too often)

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
At least they remembered to get Tai to take it with a mature stride. It could have been even worse if they screwed him up.

Poor sod. I'll be off reminsicing the days when Digimon was a fun show to watch.

tocador

Smash Lord
I liked the malo miotismon stuff, i mean cmon, i was 8 or 9 years when this happened. I didnt care about plot, i cared about new digitransformations and evil guys getting *** whooped.

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
That show is a childhood favorite of mine so I have a huge number of digimon memorized.....yea....I'm actually pretty surprised it didn't become popular as much as it was expected to but oh wait yea I forgot...Fox got control of it....and they screw everything up.

Japanese Originals FTW!!!!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wait, so that's why MaloMyotismon was the main villain of Season 2? That blows.

Season 1 was amazing (except for Apocalymon; cool powers but another one of those "The princess is in another castle!" moments), Season 2 sucked until about halfway through, then it got good. MaloMyotismon at least was cool, but yeah having him in the season at all was pretty silly.

yea. It pissed me off when I found out.

master trolling at its finest.

4nace

Smash Ace
I remember the monkey as well. If I recall correctly I think he had sunglasses and would often **** the children? Or something like that.... its been a while.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
My Gabumon just wants Matt to be happy :*(

**** this blog makes me want to rewatch Digimon =P

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I remember the monkey as well. If I recall correctly I think he had sunglasses and would often **** the children? Or something like that.... its been a while.
WTF

Etemon never ***** anyone (if you mean literally)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Devimon, that lionmon, Venom Miyotamon, the 2 dragonmons, the Geno-like-dollmon and the almost last boss, the puppet jack. They were all very cool :)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
If anyone is intrested in the Japanese Episodes I can get them for you but granted they will be RAWS.
4kids needs to do what funimation did and put their stuff up on their website

i cant say enough good things about funimations streaming of their stuff dubed/subed

Is there a big difference?
quality will probably be an issue

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I meant like a difference in the content between the Japanese and American versions.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
The first half of the fifths season was trash. It didn't get good until the royal knights started showing up. Disney released the first 13 episodes of season 5. I wonder if they will release any more. I'm so happy that I have season 1-4 on DVD so that I can watch digimon whenever I like!!!

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
I meant like a difference in the content between the Japanese and American versions.
Yes actually there is a difference the show makes more sense then the dubbed its not more comical then it has to be. Things aren't cut or changed due to American issues such as language, nudity, blood, acts of bombing (Seriously they changed BomberNanimon from Season 5 to Citrusmon because of "Terrorism" so instead of throwing bombs he threw exploding oranges) etc.

Anyway the show may not have been as good as they could have made it but the manga and the video games were hella good.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I liked the third season the most out of all of them.

While the first season had that adventure feel I loved, the third seemed to add some realism with the sci-fi/fantasy feel.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
I liked the the plot for the fourth season. In the third one they just fought some dumb virus. In the fourth one, the leader of the 7DLs was the main antagonist. That was a real treat. He even had control of two of the royal Knights!!! The fifth season also had a good plot but wasn't executed well. The first half of the season was passable, at best.
Let's pray for season 6. Doesn't seem likely that it will come but let's hope anyway!

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Matt and Sora just didn't feel right at all. Sora is the ****tiest character in Digimon after the pairing was confirmed

Top Bottom