• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Digital Ops Throwdown - May 15h - Ann Arbor, MI

Piratey_Critter

Smash Apprentice
What up guys. I'm throwing another tournament down at Digital Ops.

Games
Melee Singles - 12:30 PM
Brawn Singles - 4:30 PM

The Digital Ops LAN Center in Ann Arbor Michigan.
525 E Liberty St. Ann Arbor, MI 48104
www.digitalops.com

There is a parking structure accessible from Washington st. (other side of the block) that is $2 for a full day, and has an exit that is literally a 10 second walk from Ops. Use that one!

Prizes and Money
Both tournaments have a $10 entry fee. There is a 1-time $5 venue fee as well to pay Ops for using their time and space. That means it's gonna run you $15 to play in one of the games, and $25 to play both.
The entry fee will be redistributed to the top 3 players split 60/30/10.

Rules
In both tournaments we will be doing randomly seeded pools, and using the pool results to seed double elimination brackets. The current plan is to eliminate no one in pools, but if we have a large turnout that may have to change.

*Stage lists coming soon*

Setups
We need setups! If you bring a wii/gc with all characters and stages unlocked + a TV you will have your venue fee waived. You will also get a warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you helped me out :) If you plan on bringing a setup please let me know ahead of time. Otherwise you aren't guaranteed to get your fee waived. Wiis are preferred so we can use them for both games. Thanks!

Confirmed setups:
Demp
Juggle Guy
Ambient Horizon
JTsm

That's about it for now. If you have any questions please PM me or post in this thread and I'll get back to you ASAP. And tell your friends!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
is it just singles? also this is the day before my graduation so im kinda iffy D:

if i do come i will bring a setup guarenteed

Piratey_Critter

Smash Apprentice
Only singles because it's always the main event, plus I wanted to include melee.

Last time we did singles, doubles and melee and it went till 4 am which honestly sucked really bad.

TheMann

Smash Ace
AARON!! Is there gonna be a SF4 or SSF4 set up? I heard u got really good and I wanna play you :p.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
HOLY ****. I've been waiting for you guys throw another tournament. Digi-ops is like my favorite Ann Arbor venue :D This was the first tourney I placed top 9 in. I'm 1000% going.

Also you guys better have shirts this time. I wanted to buy one but you didn't have anything bigger than a medium :(

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice
definitely coming to this one, was pissed i missed the one on the 17th :(. anyone need a carpool?

Piratey_Critter

Smash Apprentice
AARON!! Is there gonna be a SF4 or SSF4 set up? I heard u got really good and I wanna play you :p.
Ooh, a new challenger has entered the ring :p I'll bring my xbox.

HOLY ****. I've been waiting for you guys throw another tournament. Digi-ops is like my favorite Ann Arbor venue :D This was the first tourney I placed top 9 in. I'm 1000% going.

Also you guys better have shirts this time. I wanted to buy one but you didn't have anything bigger than a medium :(
Sweet! I'll pass the word on to make sure they have shirts.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Sweet then I'll have a GYGO shirt and a Digi-Ops shirt :3 Save a Large for me!

Also if I can get a ride ill bring a setup. If not I'll have to take the train. Either way I'm bringing at least a Wii and a power strip if needed.

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice
@ambient: i live on the indiana/michigan border, so if you're anywhere near southern michigan all the way to rockford, i can pick you up.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
@ambient: i live on the indiana/michigan border, so if you're anywhere near southern michigan all the way to rockford, i can pick you up.
Maybe I can work something out with you, if you go through the Grand Rapids area. Normally I give L_Cancel a ride along with maybe someone else, but it would be nice for me to not drive for once. lol

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Well I'm right outside Detroit so I'm technically in SE MI. I'm about 35 minutes away from Ann Arbor.

Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069 is my city if you want to see if this is plausible. Would definitely appreciate it.

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice

Demp

Smash Journeyman
You might want to reconsider that plan with picking up Vert. He lives in SE Michigan, we live in the east, and the tourney is in AA. Also, if you do pick us up would you mind crashing in Howell the night before the tournament at Iris' if he has a Smashfest?

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Hmm I don't want to be a burden on anyone so I want to see how he feels once he Mapquests everything. Like I said I have no problem dropping money for compensation.

Demp you ******* you have a car, I don't :( lol

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice
i would have to see if im able to leave on friday, if so, then yes

edit: it would actually be really hard to pick up ambient with you guys, since it would be another 2.5 hours, so sorry :(

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Me? 35 minutes from Ann Arbor. About 696 and Woodward. If I absolutely had to I'd catch a train since the venue is directly downtown and the train station is like a 10 minute walk from the venue. If people need a carpool more than me its fine.

Its just there's drawbacks:

I'd have to leave at 11 regardless of if the tourney finished or I'd be stranded.

And it costs lol.

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice
it wont be a problem taking you back home, its just if we go to the fest on friday night i wouldnt be able to take you.

Piratey_Critter

Smash Apprentice
BTW if anyone plays sf4 or Blazblue and wants to money match me I'll take all challengers. I need to make some extra money for future tournaments :)
Bring it!

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'll make every effort I can to come. It'll be good practice for MLG Columbus. AA, I've figured out, is pretty close.

If I do, I'll bring my Melee setup. TV and system.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Bugger. I realized that I can't come now. :( My hometown's Relay for Life is going on from 9:00 a.m. on the 15th until 9:00 a.m. on the 16th.

JTsm

Smash Master
I think I might go to this AND bring a set up ^^

What I can Bring: Wii, Copy of brawl, copy of melee, and a TV.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
He's not new. He just hasn't thrown a tournament since August 1st, 2009 lol.

The first Digi-Ops was awesome. 53 people in singles AND Ally showed up. I got 9th :3 And doubles was great also. Got 4th in that. I got wrecked by Ally in Winner's though lol

Top Bottom