• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dillon's Last Round Up. Dillon the AT (In glorious HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Wow after today I was pretty of disappointed at this. After looking at the pics he looks way too good just to be an AT.

I mean if you throw his trophy image on a character page it would almost look like the any other official art for the characters.

Too bad :c he would of been a welcome newcomer

EDIT: I do wonder, after this, how would this affect other eshop character chances . . .

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That Dillon pic really really just makes me wish we'd get some individual AT artwork like with Brawl...

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm disappointed. Deflated, in a way. I honestly (and perhaps foolishly) thought Dillon had a great shot to make it in as a playable fighter. I suppose his inclusion as an Assist Trophy is indicative that I was right, to a degree.

As a newcomer--not just to Smash--but to Nintendo in general, I shouldn't have expected so much. However, despite his short existence, having him in Smash as an Assist Trophy is a great honor and demonstrates how versatile he could be.

He was in my top five, so it's unfortunate, but I know a smile wil cross my face when I unleash him for the first time in this role.

Groose

Smash Champion
Cool! I thought that Dillon would end up as an AT, but I was a bit concerned that he would just end up with just a regular trophy. While it is a bit sad he fell shy of playable, I wasn't really expecting that--he was a dark horse candidate.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Dissapointing, he was one of the few 'odd ball' potentials I was actually interested in seeing playable. Getting the AT spot is nothing to spit at though. Could be crucial in a possible promotion in Smash 5. And that polygon level too, looks like a playable with all of that detail. I could see some good hackers using that model.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
After Saki was shown to still be an Assist I lose hope for just about every character who's appeared in 2 or fewer games.

While it's nice that Dillion is getting recognised in some format, I would almost rather him not be an Assist so I could at least hang onto the hope that he might one day be added as DLC if that ever happens.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Wow after today I was pretty of disappointed at this. After looking at the pics he looks way too good just to be an AT.

I mean if you throw his trophy image on a character page it would almost look like the any other official art for the characters.

Too bad :c he would of been a welcome newcomer

EDIT: I do wonder, after this, how would this affect other eshop character chances . . .
Nintendo: Sell DLC with bonus characters and make us money!
Sakurai: [Laughs]

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
I knew his chances for playable were a long shot...BUT AT LEAST HE LOOKS AS AWESOME AS EVER. And that trophy design is sick.

Gotta finally finish Rolling Western in the Summer and maybe pick up Last Ranger too. Here's hoping Smash boosts his exposure!

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Maybe it's too early to say but I have the feeling he'll end up transitioning from assist to playable by the next smash bros like Little Mac did.

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
I could see a few sequels for this guy that are on actual cartridges, Do any of you think he could become a flagship character?

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I could see a few sequels for this guy that are on actual cartridges, Do any of you think he could become a flagship character?
Perhaps, but that would probably lead to Sega focusing their Sonic games on other formats. Which I for one would be totally fine with.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Aw darn. I never was a huge supporter of Dillon, but I definitely liked him and put him on some of my rosters. Gotta say though, he looks beautiful in HD. I wonder if Mallo will be any luckier...

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Okay is there a single person that doesn't like this guy? I mean seriously it's as if he's made of magic. Dillon's universal acceptance is just so rare, I wonder if there's even one person that doesn't like him.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, Dillon looks better than some of the playable characters. That was my first thought. I suppose we will have to wait till next time for our favorite gun-toting armadillo.

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
Although I don't think anything is going to change, Sakurai did say everything is subject to change.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm not sure if this is considered rude or heartless, but I did a thing.

[collapse="Boredom"]
Dillon Page.png

[/collapse]

Too soon?

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Gotta say, I'm sad at him being AT... But happy at the level of detail given to Dillon. I haven't played either of his games, but I automatically liked the character when I saw him, and always had him in my wishlist.

Guess I have to update my sig again. Only this time, Assist trophies will not be marked with an X, because I think getting in as AT is a merit of its own.
And for a Nintendo newcomer like Dillon, being an AT from the get go is quite an achievement. Would've been awesome if he was playable, but... Dillon, there's always the next SSB.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Okay is there a single person that doesn't like this guy? I mean seriously it's as if he's made of magic. Dillon's universal acceptance is just so rare, I wonder if there's even one person that doesn't like him.
I like the character, but I found his game to be pretty lackluster, and I never did want him to become playable. This PotD was fantastic news to me, since Dillon was easily one of my most wanted Assist Trophies. He got into the game in the exact role I wanted him to be in.

Condolences to his supporters, of course.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I finished Dillon's Rolling Western about a couple weeks ago and I beat The Last Ranger today. To say I'm not a fan of Dillon now would be a lie. Here's hoping we get a Dillon 3 on the Wii U eShop sometime soon!

Wake me up when Smash 5 is announced. I'll be the first to be on that support list, if not start the thread outright.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I finished Dillon's Rolling Western about a couple weeks ago and I beat The Last Ranger today. To say I'm not a fan of Dillon now would be a lie. Here's hoping we get a Dillon 3 on the Wii U eShop sometime soon!

Wake me up when Smash 5 is announced. I'll be the first to be on that support list, if not start the thread outright.
Thank you for your words and your support.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
I know I am much too late but I would like to pay my respects to Dillion :'( He deserved more. When the next game rolls around I will be one of the first on the support thread.

Dillion is perhaps the best character from a new franchise that Nintendo has made in a long time

Craxian

Smash Rookie
It'd be pretty cool if he was in it.
However, he's already been show to be an assist trophy. That disconfirms him as a playable character entirely, pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom