• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 7 Results 1/11

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone who came to the tournament, and special thanks to everyone who came to my crib to actually finish it lol. A thousand apologies to anyone who wasn't able to stay the whole time. Woulda been sweet to see how Bluezaft and Dr Drew would have done, but life johns take precedence I suppose lol.

Doubles Results:
1: Drewzaft (Bluezaft + Dr Drew) $162
2: Nudist Beach (ARC + JF) $81
3: Mojizzle (Mojo + Sizzle) $27
4: Endangered Combo (Thoraxe + Penguin)
5: the Dirty Sailors (Laser Kirby + Enso)
5: Sadboys (Yung Pout + Boomstick)
7: 20XXX (Hamyojo + ZachAttax)
7: Even Dallas Hates kyle (Nike + King)
9: 1, 2, Tie my Shoe (Mew + Tadeo)
9: The Nickelodeon Game Show Hosts (Cole + Bukowski on Ice)
9: The Bronze Knee Cap (PTJon + Quot3)
9: Limp Bizkit (Soap + Trash)
13: Noop + Xany (noop + Xany)
13: the Field (210 Stuna + robn)
13: Team First Place (ImDirtyDan + Sandor Clegane)
13: Team OK (Pinku + Xori)
17: The Doobies (Aspen + Crusty)
17: Butt Hawks (Smith_ + Sir Psycho Sexy)
17: The Book Club (Hiya! + Book)
17: Style or Die (reel + Goon)
17: Dream Team (Byte + Jump)
17: Slam Jam (hobo + Drpa)
17: team Suda (EP the Salt King + Killer7)
17: Smash that Butt (LAngel + Rai)
25: Projectilez (Z + Doxy)
25: Onett Chance to Win (Scotch + NoxD)
25: Soup Kitchen (Soup + Nale)

Singles Results:
1: ARC :marthmelee::peachmelee: $420 + sealed first party controller
2: Mojo :falconmelee::foxmelee::marthmelee: $210
3: Gloomstick :falcomelee: $105
4: Mew :marthmelee::falcomelee::foxmelee::falconmelee: $63
5: Penguin :falcomelee::falconmelee: $21
5: Admiral! :icsmelee: $21
7: yung pout :drmario:
7: JF :falcomelee::jigglypuffmelee::ganondorfmelee:
9: Thoraxe :falcomelee::marthmelee:
9: Sizzle :foxmelee::jigglypuffmelee:
9: PK Thunder :falcomelee:
9: Lunchables :marthmelee:
13: Hamyojo :yoshimelee::foxmelee:
13: King :marthmelee:
13: Nike :marthmelee:
13: Goldrook :foxmelee::pikachumelee:
17: Rich :sheikmelee:
17: Zhea :falconmelee:
17: Humbone :foxmelee:
17: Jesi :falcomelee::peachmelee:
17: The Flavor :linkmelee:
17: Tadeo :falcomelee:
17: absolute Black :marthmelee:
17: Pinku :falconmelee::marthmelee:
25: Xori :falcomelee:
25: Tag :foxmelee:

Last edited:

AbsoluteBlack

Smash Apprentice
Ton of fun, 16 hours of smash. I'll come back and edit in shoutouts later.

ARC - Congrats man, your rise is really cool to watch. Your marth is so crazy good it scares me a little bit.
Boom - Amazing stuff, incredible placing. Your set with Mew was awesome to behold. You need to come with Poot to more of my smashfests, though, I need the Falco experience.
Mew - Amazing play despite those sick johns, I swear if you were healthy and serious you'd be taking at least 2nd at all of these.
Penguin - Still way too good for me to take a game off of, I'm getting there though.
Admiral - I knew you were good, but not that good. Congrats on the placing, and especially for making Bluezaft so salty he quit.
Poot - Good stuff as always, it's always great playing with you. Hope you keep coming to my smashfests.
Thoraxe - Didn't see much of you yesterday, but a really cool set against Lunchables was had. Congrats on the top 10 placing.
Lunchables - You eliminating me from DIME is pretty much tradition now, see you at the next one.
Hamlin - Stop using that ridiculous tag, your name is way too cool to ignore like that. GG's in our MM and in tourny.

Shoutouts to Ezra and everyone else from my pool, especially guy who played Bowser really well. Crazy animal, I think?

And of course major shout outs to Gabe and FX for hosting this incredible insanity.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shoutouts:

Waterless :foxmelee:- Thanks for hosting another DIME! You were a fantastic TO, and I hope you host more events soon.
Lunchables :marthmelee::toonlink:- Sorry for the scrubby pools match. I could have done way better.
Arc :peachmelee:- 2Good4Me
Soap :peachmelee:- I loved our pools match, it was hella fun.
EoA :icsmelee:- It was very good seeing you again, I didn't have enough time to play friendlies with you, but it was nice talking to you. :D
TheFlavor :linkmelee:- You're a pretty cool dude, glad we met.
Jesi :falcomelee:- Those friendlies were great, I hope to see you again soon.
Aliami :jigglypuffmelee: :nessmelee:- You could have done way better man :(. 3.1 is one hell of a drug.
ShinNegro :roymelee:- You're a pretty cool dude, glad we played in pools. :)
B(something)OnIce :marthmelee:- Marth always freaks me out haha. I had a fun time playing P:M with you around the end, and I hope to see you at PARG.
Hamlin:yoshimelee:- I'm happy you enjoyed Free Dollar Day.
NoxD :sheikmelee: :nessmelee:- It was a ****ing blast playing with you dude.
GentleBreeze :falcomelee:- Always a pleasure seeing you man.
Suicide Bomber :kirbymelee:- That money match between you and Hamlin was ****ing hilarious.
Wobbles :icsmelee:- Glad you enjoyed my bacon.
BlueZaft- Sorry we had to cancel another one of our planned lunch sessions.

If I'm forgetting anyone else, then that means I didn't mean you or I didn't get your tag.

Great **** Gabe, I can't wait for another DIME.

Last edited by a moderator:

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Sorry for the Wall O' Text. I'm learning...

GJ poolmate! Nice to meet you and I look forward to seeing you around the scene, that is, if you are local (I think you told me you were) DFW Melee thread on FB?
Thanks bud, I definitely will. Any success I had was due to you hosting consistently and you putting in so many games with me when others were quick to jump to P:M.
TBH I only saw you win all day. Good **** mayne. Your place is my favorite for training and chilling these days. If you and your crew weren’t around I’m not sure how enthused I’d be about getting back in the scene <3
Yay adults! It’s always good to talk with you at these things. Thank you for still being active and doing more than your fair share of holding up the scene.
I dig your play style, wish you were closer so we could get more games in. Haha @ you thinking I was dickin’ around with you by playing Doc. I am going to have to pound some respect for Doc into you :D I very much appreciate you sharing the love. It was the best way to end an already grand, albeit tiring, evening. We should exchange contact info and stuff so I can return the favor
Only saw your Falcon from afar :/ Enjoyed talking to you. We’ll have to play next time. I plan on going through G Gundam again because of you
Boo to our unfortunate meeting in bracket. Thanks for holding it down at your place and putting in games with me. I rather enjoyed drinking and getting hype with you at Gabe’s. We exude excellence while cheerleading, we should do that more. See you soon bro
Pleasure to make your acquaintance. You are my hero for giving me so many warm-up matches before the bracket. We gotta tryhard next time we meet!
O Captain! My Captain! Thanks for being the responsible one and running our pool. You will have your vengeance, I am sure of it. You came off as a cool dude and I’m glad to have met you.
You lost when you switched from Yoshi after the first match. I definitely couldn’t have maintained if you stuck with him. It was a draining experience stealing that win from you.
Jeebus, slow down. Getting technical Fox friendlies was manna from heaven. I needed and enjoyed the games we played. Nice to meet you by the way.
Yet another one robbed :/ I was not expecting you to go Falco against me at all you trickster. Thanks for the near heart attack, power-up, and good company.
1st tournament to only have played one character. Oh how you have fallen
An intoxicated decrepit Doc who had just hardly survived two consecutive young predators and you wanna just go right in and finish me off. Thanks for showing initiative. I would have disappeared until I felt ready and there was no way I could have been this week haha
TO and entrant all while sickly <3 My favorite person by far <3 Thanks for all you do for the scene. Get better man
You should have listened to me and Rich and just played better. sadboys2004
Glad to link a personality to the myth. I definitely enjoyed watching you play. Thanks for coming
GJ on your performance! I was surprised you remembered this aging Herbivore. You are a chill dude and on behalf of Dallas we appreciate you coming periodically to take our monies. We are gunnin’ for you though!
I did the lazy OP copy paste thing, sorry. Things will come to mind and I'll update.

Last edited:

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
I was exhausted when I got home. This was huge. I didn't do amazing in pools, but I had a massive load of fun doing it.

Shoutsout to Wobbles and Admiral, for making my freakin day being there! But I can't forget my homies.

Scotch, Hobo, Ali, Thin Mint, Flavor, good to see you guys again!

Arc and Mojo, it was a ton of good times hangin with ya while I could, and congrats on your placings! You guys rock.

Hamlin, I'm always impressed with your Yoshi. Craziness, man. We need to get a game in someday.

Dude With The Purple Headphones, we need to play Doubles sometime, that **** was insane.

And Gabe, Gabe, Gabe. You're the man! Can't wait for the next time yo!

Last edited:

hamyojo

Smash Ace

$$$MMme$$$

GG's everyone. I'm really proud of my results this tourney, it really shows that I'm starting to understand this game a bit. Just gotta keep improving, though...
HUGE shout outs to Gabe and the FX Game crew, you guys did a great job on hosting these 84 entrants from all over Texas. Thank you very much for pushing our scene and helping it grow!!
Big thanks to everyone who MM'd me, Wobbles included. I'll get your Kirby next time, bro :3
Zach pls don't be salty about 9th, I'm proud of you son
Thanks to the recording set up guy for having that! ( and please send me some of my stuff ;~; )
Shout outs to Mew for making my Yoshi a bit less homophobic in his gameplay, and making him play more gay and let me win more.
Thanks everyone who played with me, even if I play an odd character :yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee:

Here's my dollar
MM me maybe

Last edited:

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
Tournament was really fun even though I didn't do a whole lot better than last time.
@
Aliami Armador - Dat Ness ditto
@Scotch98' - We did good in teams, we just need to work on it before we ever do it again
@Thin Mint - Ness dittos all the way
@
Wobbles - "Can I sit at the cool kids table?"
@
Whoever went low tier vs. low tier with me - Thank you.
@
Anyone who I should have MM'ed in PM or in a low tier battle - Next time I'll try to have actual bills for MM's, next time as in PARG 2.

JuMP

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the great time guys, too bad I didn't make it out of pools hahaha.

Although the two falcon punches I landed were pretty slick, y'all better watch out next dime ;)

Bukowski On Ice

Smash Cadet
This was an amazing tourney.

Shoutouts to Absolute Black, Cole, the sad boys, Arc, Lunchables, Ham, and Gabe for an amazing tourney.

STYLE OR DIE ARE HOMIES.

i wont drop out of bracket next time :p

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
When did this end up finishing anyways?

Shout outs are hard to do on a phone, but good games to all, especially to Bluezaft for landing a million rests in teams, can't wait to see those vids!

Too bad I had an early flight this morning, would've been fun to see how this madness ended up. 84 entrants doesn't seem possible.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
We ended around 3 AM, but in my defense there was a rather large break between pools and bracket lol.
Everyone seemed content to chill out and play some games so once pools was finished things were more lax.

D

Deleted member

When I came home at 3 am I got in trouble with my family. I get that theres a lot of people here but can we try to finish these a BIT sooner? I told them I would be done by 1.
That was by far one of the hypest nights of my life. Being at the venue and all is cool but it was pretty boring after the 1 or 2 only good sets I played. Gabes house was so much less stressful.
Shoutouts later.

Hamlin, 10 dollar mm. I gave you 8 at the venue, its time to rip it out of you next month MUAHAHAHA

Last edited by a moderator:

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
ZACH WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL YOUR MOM YOU WERE GETTING A RIDE OR SAY BYE TO ANYONE?
Your mom showed up at my house at like 3 and was all "where's zachattax?" and i was like "**** idk where the **** is zachattax"

D

Deleted member

Yeah, its my fault I didnt say I was going. My phone died and I forgot about contacting her with someone elses phone.
She still got really mad about the time part, she told me I lied to her about the time when I didnt know it would be that late (my family has a big rule about lying). Its alright though, nothing too major happened to me.

EP the salt king

Smash Rookie
this tournament was pretty awesome, too bad i couldn't play in the bracket due to my ride coming early, hopefully ill get to play more next dime. Thank You gabe for your hospitality :D

D

Deleted member

Yeah, its my fault I didnt say I was going. My phone died and I forgot about contacting her with someone elses phone.
She still got really mad about the time part, she told me I lied to her about the time when I didnt know it would be that late (my family has a big rule about lying). Its alright though, nothing too major happened to me.
Damn, I wish my Mom would be that cool with me if I went over some dude's house at twelve in the morning.

PTJon

Smash Cadet
Great tournament, I had a lot of fun. I'm so glad we were able to record all those bracket matches, I wish I could've been there to see them all. As far as I can tell everything was recorded perfectly, but I'm not exactly sure what should get uploaded. Definitely all the singles matches but maybe semis and onward for doubles? Or maybe just Top 3.

I don't see much reason to try and sift through multiple hours of pools/random games but if anyone wants access to recorded matches for learning purposes or combo video material please message me and I'll do my best to send the video to you/upload it on youtube.

D

Deleted member

@Everyone
I guess I should say I'm sorry I threw away my matches. I honestly don't know what I was doing.
I went Ness to Roy to Sheik to whoever. I went to character's I've barely played. I didn't care.

I think it would be best for me to go ahead and quit Melee and get out of everyone's hair.
Sorry I've been a burden.

-Filia

xoRi

Smash Rookie
I'm not allowed to upload more than one image for some reason, so here's an imgur album with some cool pics of the tournament. I'll probably take more pics at DIMEs to follow.

http://imgur.com/a/7sHHN

I'm hoping that uploading cool pics of the tournament that it'll attract more entrants, and then we can have an 18 hour tournament instead of a 16 hour one.

@ W WaterlessFishie aka Gabe - It's all been said in person and over the internet numerous times, but I'll say it again, thank you SO much for hosting this 16 hour melee extravaganza. A lot of us actually became dehydrated during it too! Now we just need to turn into actual fish.

1: @AustinRC - I've been at DIME 5,6 and 7 were all my first tournaments so its been really cool to witness what you can do in this game.
2: @Mojo - Hype af winners finals with ARC, I had heart palpitations over that stuff, man.
3: @ BoomStick BoomStick - I think you were a pool leader and I asked you to see the pool sheet and you let me, so thanks! rofl.
4: @MimicMew - At Dime 6 I was pitted against you first in our little 16 man bracket, and you 4 stocked me on FoD, and it wasn't fun for me rofl. But at our bracket matches at Dime 7 I was able to take 2 stocks off of you both games, so although it's slow progress it IS progress, and I'm happy to see that in myself as I keep coming to these things. Thank you SO much for all the tips you give me after matches, they're always really helpful.

5: @ Penguin_ftw Penguin_ftw - Been at the past few dimes and I've seen your results and I know you're good but I never played you once. We should change that at Dime 8?

7: @yung pout - Sick Doc, seriously. You're so fast with him you make him seem as mobile as regular Mario. Enjoyable pools matches. You're a cool guy, but if you didn't exist I might have gotten second seed and that might've been neat, lol.

7: @JF - Never got to talk to you but you and ARC are always working magic in doubles and it's so fun to watch.

9: @Thoraxe - Finally able to put a face to your name now! I know that my friend Aspen was in the pool you led. I want to play you soon!

13: @ hamyojo hamyojo - I haven't been hustled by you yet but I'm pretty sure it'll happen at least once in the future. I think you were one of the first people who played a friendly with me at Dime 5, and I got wrecked but it was whatever because you're a pretty cool guy. I'm also pretty sure you took my order at Wendy's a few weeks ago. Probably should've said hi, rofl.

13: @xx7king7xx - Really good pools matches!!! I'm glad that you and the rest of SA drove up here to take our money. I feel like I learn a lot about the Falco-Marth matchup whenever I play you, you're in that goldilocks zone of skill where you're better than me to the point where you can beat me consistently, but not to the point where I can't understand WHY you're beating me, so I feel like there was a lot of learning that happened in our set. Definitely want to play you in the future.

13: @Nike - Very humbling friendlies with you, man. I need to figure out how to get out of all the grabby Marth's traps because they destroy me.

13: @GoldRook - I know you played my m8 Pinku and won, which is cool because he needed his lil pink booty spanked >:^)

17: @Richie - Maaaan I sooo wish that I could redo our set in losers because it ended up being pretty close if I remember correctly, it's all kind of a blur tbh. Sheik kind of freaks me out, it's a weird matchup for me personally. I was able to land some combos on you but I got grabbed one too many times and walking into one too many easy setups and that ended up being the set. We should play more friendlies next time though!

17: @ Zhea Zhea - Never got to play you/talk to you but I saw your falcon and it looked pretty sick to me. Extra shoutouts for driving all the way up from SA! Maybe us fools from Dallas can drive down to SA and take y'alls money sometime.

17: @Jesi - You four stocked me with peach in losers at Dime 6, and that was NOT pleasant, but it was humbling and it made me realize how much work I needed to do on that matchup. Can't say if I've done that work or not, but I think I'm doing better about not running into so many stupid things. Friendlies are a thing that could/should happen in the future, you're a really cool person and a player.

17: @ AbsoluteBlack AbsoluteBlack - Heard you talking about how much you improved while we were playing friendlies, and based on how those went, I definitely can't disagree, your marth is mad good. I will tell you that I appreciate some of the tips you gave me for the Marth vs Falco matchup though, that was nice.

17: @Zydrah - >:^)

@Wobbles - Thank you so much for all the advice and friendlies with Pinku and I. It's so valuable to be able to get a perspective on the game from someone as well spoken and experienced as you are. Heavily appreciate it :)

@210stuna - Your puff was crazy in pools! And to think that you've got a bunch of other characters up your sleeve and this is just your first tournament? That is some scary stuff to think about, you're going to get real good fast. You better believe that we're going hard in friendlies at DIME 8, especially after all of those unfortunate SD's on my part in that last pools match that kind of pooped on an otherwise super close set.

@ Element of Smash Element of Smash - Good pools matches man :)
I look forward to playing your IC's in the future, I really liked your attitude too.

If your name isn't on here and you talked to me sorry!!!!!! I'm waiting on pools images to be uploaded so I can remember everyone.

Waiting on Pools/Doubles results for more shoutouts :^)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

thanks xori, these are really cool. The drew face at the beginning though wtf

xoRi

Smash Rookie
The drew face at the beginning though wtf
yeah there were some pictures in there that I didn't reeeaally feel like were worth posting but some of them sort of bled into the album, it's pretty easy to tell which ones those are.

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
Great ****, good seeing everyone and meeting new people. Happy to have made it out of pools, but I wish I could have gone to Gabe's to see how far I could make it in bracket. Oh well. Responsibility johns.

Also shout outs to 84 entrants. Holy balls.

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
Odds are I already said what I wanted to say to most everyone during the 15 hours we were hanging out so not too many shoutouts since it's more or less been covered, if not though hit me up for some games at DIME 8, there's like 50 of you I didn't even get the chance to play

ARC - Yo good **** dude, I'm glad my shoes carried you to victory despite your illness. You looked kinda miserable most of the day but you brought it hard so mad props
Mojo - We played some good friendlies, looking forward to you coming up for future DIMEs
Mew - It's a really good thing we were as far in the bracket as we were when you stomped me because omg, that was the hardest I lost like all day idk how I coulda come back from that beating lol, super glad you placed as well as you did and got some $$ to show for it
Admiral! - We definitely need to play next time, it's been a minute since I've been wobbled
JF - I always love our dittos man, I'm glad I was on my A game when we met up in bracket this time. My only regret is that we didn't get that **** recorded. woulda been awesome
Thoraxe - Really though your Marth is crazy when you focus dude, I think once you start finishing your combos consistently you'll be a force to be reckoned with. As always some great friendlies and good **** in teams, we never even got the chance to practice it but we still had some good teamwork goin' on. You came super close to clutching it out several times throughout the day so it's 100% doable in the future.
PK Thunder - I'm sorry I had to bail before getting to play you dude, I had wanted some games with you from like the minute I walked in the store and saw you playing Mojo, we should MM next time or something
Hamyojo - Your Yoshi is hella legit I take back everything I've ever said about it, keep goin' hard and takin' everyone's monies
King - some good 4 AM games even if my tech skill was totally gone lol

Bonus shoutouts to:
Dallas for playing so well and repping north Texas even without Zaft and Drew there in singles
Falco dittos on Battlefield
Gabe for bein' the homie and running the tourney at his house, also for letting me use his controller for bracket
Everyone for showing up and making this tourney so goddamn huge
PTJon for recording everything, even leaving the setup there after he left for the night so we could record the rest of singles

hamyojo

Smash Ace
13: Hamyojo ~ You lost when you switched from Yoshi after the first match. I definitely couldn’t have maintained if you stuck with him. It was a draining experience stealing that win from you.
I'll keep that in mind for the future... Still not sure who I should go against low tiers, but it's been looking like Yoshi more and more over time. I need to choose. GGs future me <3
>puns about my name

Hamyojo - Your Yoshi is hella legit I take back everything I've ever said about it, keep goin' hard and takin' everyone's monies
<3<3<3 That means a lot coming from you, thanks! In the past he wasn't yet legit, and there's no way you could have known I was going to keep him up and get better. You are forgiven, but don't think that doesn't mean next time I wont beat you. I'll keep practicing and keep getting better, gotta keep leveling up my Yoshi till I make him SS tier. Or, as it will be called, Y tier.
Anyway GG's of course!

Last edited:

Quot3

Melee'er
3DS FC
4253-4705-1339
Awesome tournament, what a turnout! I guess I have a few shout outs:

Gabe: Thanks so much for hosting these and for opening up your home to everyone so they could do the bracket matches, you're a great TO and a really chill guy. Hopefully we can play sometime soon when you don't have work!

Thoraxe: Pool captain! It was awesome meeting you and playing with you, it was really cool how in our first pools match fox ditto you were just giving me tips and offering advice and just being really friendly in general. I look forward to playing and learning from you in the future!

Sizzle: Another pool buddy, thanks a ton for the fox help man, I really appreciate it! We played a lot of fox dittos so hopefully I got a little bit better at them, I hope we can play more at the next tournament.

King: Thanks for playing those friendlies with me after our doubles match, you gave me some good Marth practice that I really needed. I look forward to you the rest of Austin coming down to DFW more!

Shout outs to everyone who made it out of pools and placed well, there were a ton of entrants and a lot of competition! See ya'll at the next Dime

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
good job admiral :3

also that's boomstick from Rice's crew, the panhandle mandlers, right? :ooooo

Zhea

Smash Ace
Fishy - Thank you so much for hosting SA and running this tournament. This is a big deal for Texas. We had an 85 man tournament the same day there was a PM tournament in the same area and another 25 man going on in the valley. I also apologize for keeping your Dad up. We are a bunch of Hooligans. GGs. You will see SA back for DIME 8.

Mimicmew - Those Falcon dittos were fun, your combos are really on point. Sorry about pools, but SA had to back up it's boy. Sounds like you got revenge during bracket.
Poot - We will play next time! Heard you gave King the business. Good stuff.
Hamyojo - MY FIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT MONEEEEEEEEY! 2 Money matches and bracket with Yoshi. Proving once again I am a fraud.
ARC - Mission complete, those were some hype winner finals. GF was hype too, but everyone was so tired. I am coming for that peach booty again though. Also marth's booty. I don't discriminate.
MOJO - You destructed my butt during that MM! SALTY RUN BACK NEXT TIME!
HomeBone - Fun friendlies! I would apologize for the Falcon Punches, but I regret nothing.
Jesi - Good stuff in bracket! My saltiness demands a rematch.
Scotch' - Like to get some more dittos in with you in
Cole - WTF I almost choked my match away on all that peach booty. Good stuff dude.
Absolute Black - Some good friendlies. Still want my revenge in bracket!
Tadeo - Good stuff in pools, but I'm salty! MM next time!
Drew - Wish you could of stayed, but teams was pretty hype as it was. Good **** though. Dat Zelda Fair.
JF - Making San Antonio Cry since 2001.
Sizzle - We should play more next time. I don't get to play good fox's too often.
Admiral - I need to play you next time. I don't think we ever have.
Noop - Your Marth is looking solid, I would actually be really curious to see what it becomes in a year.

The Rest of the DFW scene:
You guys came out in FORCE! Damn, this is going to redefine the texas melee scene. You can bet your ass the top 10 of Texas will be there next time.

and Finally the SA Crew
PK-T - Good **** Chris. You whooped that ass. It begins here.
Nike - GET DEATH BRACKETED SON! Seriously though, get 1st seed, fight guy who get's third. Also happy birthday again.
King - Good stuff dude, you'll get'em next time.
Jessi - HERO OF TIME. You need to play Skeith and get them tips.

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
SUP GUYS!! Let it be known that I had fun and such.
Prelim Shoutout: Dude. Gabe. Dude Gabe. Sup. I'm really thankful to you for housing me and the rest of SA. I'm sorry for not being able to play post tourney friendlies with you at 100% capacity, I couldn't even play against you at 50% capacity with a less demanding character, but the amount of work that I put into this tourney was nothing compared to the amount of work you put into this tourney. I appreciate your dedication and I will try my best to attend DIME 8.
player shout outs page two.

Last edited:

Zhea

Smash Ace
When I came home at 3 am I got in trouble with my family. I get that theres a lot of people here but can we try to finish these a BIT sooner? I told them I would be done by 1.
I wish you could dislike posts. Getting 85 people when you expected maybe 50 max isn't just hard, it's near impossible to finish anywhere near on time. 85 is the kind of numbers you get at a 2 day event and there were just not enough space/setups to deal with that. Honestly if this happened at one of my locals I'd have to cut teams just to fit a straight bracket melee and pm, AND MAYBE we would finish before 3AM. Again I can not shot out Gabe enough. This was a great tournament, and having too many people is a problem you want to have.

Top Bottom