• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dining Philosophers Mafia! Game Over - Who Won???

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand what you mean, ~Tac~. I just called you town and said you were crumbing your role because it's clear that you don't speak like this normally.

Is this a restriction? I don't see why would it be.
What made tac town soup? If you have a decent reason for not answering this, that's fine, but I want an answer at some point.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Simply one's tardiness would make one 'undesirable' in the sheer debate that it makes them appear irresponsible. Surely one would take advantage of any opportunity in order to gain something, especially if it were to be a selfish gain.

Are you saying that the attacks on you are ungenuine?
Do you always post like this, or is it an RVs thing?
I would merely say that a certain attack on me was by definition genuine, due to it being for an seemingly erroneous reason. Moreover, I simply post how I feel at the moment.

/vote dabuz for bandwagon suspicions.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

1. dabuz - Been a while, who do you know in this game and who do you not know? If you know them, who do you fear most being scum?

2. Known Mafia (Orboknown/Handorin) - Well well, what a hydra. You are given a gun, but it seems to shoot randomly. Who would you be fine seeing gone at pregame and who would you not like to see gone?

3. Kreative Whiz Kids (Kantrip/Sokr hydra) - YOU! :glare: I did not forget FF8 so quickly. :mad: . But, who would you want to be your mate(s) if you were scum and why?

4. -Masquerain- - Be my Watson? Please? If not, then of Killstic, TBG, and Soup, who is more likely to be trust from what they posted, if they did?

5. Killstic - Hello you two, nice to see you in mafia again. But it seems...I have lost my ability to trust anyone, do you know who I can from the little that was posted?

6. TBG - Hello again, what do you plan on seeing happen with Day 1? What gameplan do you think town should take with the roaster and why?

7. Red Ryu - How Handsome are you? 10/10 wow we should hook up sometome!

8. ~Tac~ - Hiya Tac, but it seems I have never seen you in mafia before, do you hae references to past games, more so one where you are town and one where you are scum?

9. soup - My boy, these are the faces of evil, Killstic, -Masquerain-, Kreative Whiz Kids (Kantrip/Sokr hydra)? Do you agree? If you agree or not, why?

TBG

Smash Cadet
6. TBG - Hello again, what do you plan on seeing happen with Day 1? What gameplan do you think town should take with the roaster and why?
Hi again. Kill it and eat it.

..oh wait you meant roster. I plan to be more active and aggressive in this game. As far as gameplan, I don't know Dgames meta enough to make a call on this set of players. More RQS would be cool, though. I like RQS, and I might even do one myself.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
Simply one's tardiness would make one 'undesirable' in the sheer debate that it makes them appear irresponsible. Surely one would take advantage of any opportunity in order to gain something, especially if it were to be a selfish gain.

I would merely say that a certain attack on me was by definition genuine, due to it being for an seemingly erroneous reason. Moreover, I simply post how I feel at the moment.

Has anyone tried to gain something for themselves?
Ok, does that mean you think soup town at the moment?
Dabuz said he wasn't gonna be posting for a few days due to illness. Why are you voting with me?

2. Known Mafia (Orboknown/Handorin) - Well well, what a hydra. You are given a gun, but it seems to shoot randomly. Who would you be fine seeing gone at pregame and who would you not like to see gone?
If I had to shoot someone, Prolly KWK. FF8 left a tad sour taste in my mouth as well. However, we've only got 2 mislynches to work with. On that note, misfiring would be a terrible idea. You and soup would be people I want here for a while if you're town, because I know you'll put in the work to get it right.

Killstic

Smash Rookie
5. Killstic - Hello you two, nice to see you in mafia again. But it seems...I have lost my ability to trust anyone, do you know who I can from the little that was posted?
There's nothing I really want to share with you at the moment.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Red Ryu said:
9. soup - My boy, these are the faces of evil, Killstic, -Masquerain-, Kreative Whiz Kids (Kantrip/Sokr hydra)? Do you agree? If you agree or not, why?
No. No. No. What about these slots tipped you off about them? I disagree because they're baseless at the moment and there isn't enough evidence to make a solid argument. I'm waiting on KWk to be exact.

Why do you feel that using the question method is best for you? What do you get out of it that you wouldn't normally get with a regular approach?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Known Mafia and TGB stick their neck out, but not Soup or Killistic, interesting.

@Soup: No basis, I didn't even read the thread when I posted those questions, the idea is to try and get you to comment on something to get things started one way or another.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
~Tac~, #39 please and ty
I don't understand what you mean, ~Tac~. I just called you town and said you were crumbing your role because it's clear that you don't speak like this normally.

Is this a restriction? I don't see why would it be.
A restriction? I don't see it as such as all. In fact, maybe I just don't like being called names and described in action of crusty bread. :c - Also, post #43.

7. Red Ryu - How Handsome are you? 10/10 wow we should hook up sometome!

8. ~Tac~ - Hiya Tac, but it seems I have never seen you in mafia before, do you hae references to past games, more so one where you are town and one where you are scum?
Tomes are for reading, silly. And I currently have nothing to provide for you at this given time. Maybe I will if asked another time.

Has anyone tried to gain something for themselves?
Ok, does that mean you think soup town at the moment?
Dabuz said he wasn't gonna be posting for a few days due to illness. Why are you voting with me?
One can only assume such, I do think soup town atm. As for Dabuz, gut feels for now. Regardless of said sickness, (do get better soon, if you are) I voted dabuz for jumping too quickly on a vote in the manner shown. Tossing in a vote for seemingly no reason raises a flag for me. Especially when a hiatus is declared shortly after. In addition, it's familiar to me that one that wishes to do dirty work, thinks simple at first and goes under the table second in thought process. It's still early-esque, and I don't mind being proven wrong. Server instability threw me off a bit too.

Also, yay for site working again. :pikachu64:

Kantrip

Kantplay
For the record shutting down what soup was doing was fun.

For soup's benefit since he obviously doesn't get how things work, a read on soup > a read on Tac. Furthermore, what I did was far more likely to invoke a readable reaction than what you did. I also have to ask, is your townread on Tac because he used a funny way of speaking, which you took as a crumb, which you took as town behaviour? I'd hope you wouldn't be so shallow but I don't even slightly understand the hasty townread.

#HBC | ѕoup

A restriction? I don't see it as such as all. In fact, maybe I just don't like being called names and described in action of crusty bread. :c - Also, post #43.

Your change in vocabulary and how you acted seemed like a crumb to me. I don't see the need to play in-character about something unless you were either restricted or you had a reason. Did you have a reason, or were you just messing around?

Also, can you really say you have a solid reason to vote Dabuz with one post about him being sick? I don't believe that.

#HBC | ѕoup

For the record shutting down what soup was doing was fun.

For soup's benefit since he obviously doesn't get how things work, a read on soup > a read on Tac. Furthermore, what I did was far more likely to invoke a readable reaction than what you did. I also have to ask, is your townread on Tac because he used a funny way of speaking, which you took as a crumb, which you took as town behaviour? I'd hope you wouldn't be so shallow but I don't even slightly understand the hasty townread.
I don't understand how your ordeal was suddenly meant for a reaction. wrt ~Tac~, I'll get back to you about it.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Lets see if I can finally make this post I attempted to create 24 hours ago -_-.

"Oh, I didn't know this started.

Hello everyone. :'D. Hopefully smashboards doesn't crash while I make this post.

Sure, Red Ryu. None of them are really trust worthy at the moment o_O. Killstic and TBG haven't done anything indicative of alignment, and soup is someone I'm going to need other opinions on in order to establish a decent read. If I have to choose one, probably Soup since he's done the most to involve the town with the game, and his anger early-on seemed genuine and townie."

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
Known Mafia and TGB stick their neck out, but not Soup or Killistic, interesting.

@Soup: No basis, I didn't even read the thread when I posted those questions, the idea is to try and get you to comment on something to get things started one way or another.
What made us sticking our necks out interesting? Does this help with your read? How did TBG stick his neck out?
One can only assume such, I do think soup town atm. As for Dabuz, gut feels for now. Regardless of said sickness, (do get better soon, if you are) I voted dabuz for jumping too quickly on a vote in the manner shown. Tossing in a vote for seemingly no reason raises a flag for me. Especially when a hiatus is declared shortly after. In addition, it's familiar to me that one that wishes to do dirty work, thinks simple at first and goes under the table second in thought process. It's still early-esque, and I don't mind being proven wrong. Server instability threw me off a bit too.

I didn't see a vote from Dabuz. Mind pointing this out for me?
Why do you say scum doesn't think before they act? or am I misinterpretting the bolded?

Killstic

Smash Rookie
If I have to choose one, probably Soup since he's done the most to involve the town with the game, and his anger early-on seemed genuine and townie."
Out of curiosity, how did you interpret Soup's actions as being town involving?

What posts did you see as him being angry and why do you think anything he has posted up to this point is genuine?

Killstic

Smash Rookie

First of all, things were already "started". There's no way you would have known this though given the fact that you didn't read the thread before you tried to "start" things up. It is ironic though since you are a believer in RVS, although based on how you bastardized it this game I'm going with it being mostly centered on it being a habit than an actual utility. Take your actual question where you ask people who they "trust" on material you haven't even read. If I were to actually take this question seriously, then I would compromise my ability to effectively gambit those slots for reads. For instance, say that I told you that I "trusted" soup based on how he started the game. I've let it be known to Soup that he sits well with me and if I tried to push on him immediately afterwards in order to flesh out reads, it would be tainted since he would be under the impression that I will not lead a bandwagon against him if he answers in a questioning manner. What your question is effectively asking is for me to trade in prospective thread power for what... for you to see content, get reads? Then that becomes a question of me evaluating whether I think that trading in my thread power which would constitute gambits is worth it for you to get content so you can make reads. And really, I don't think your reads are worth that compromise seeing as how you've decided to heave away with great force what importance you could have in immediate early game.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Smashboards dying yesterday and quotes not carrying over when making a response while flipping between pages makes mafia a bit more annoying, oh well :l

It's rather simple that people such as myself would draw such attention and excitement. Even I need sleep, dear fellows.

Now what is genuine, would be an attack of such caliber upon one evidently unbeknownst. One shameless of a sucker punch in a fight.
Translation: You feel like that Soup is attempting to attack you in his posts but not be transparent about it, I guess that's a fair fear considering despite the first post being a bit of a joke, Soup's intention was laid out clear.

Tomes are for reading, silly. And I currently have nothing to provide for you at this given time. Maybe I will if asked another time.

More than fine with your slot burning if it is unable to properly read a thread and realize my only post was stating a temporary absence due to illness. (Better BTW now, had a fever T_T)

Besides that, what bothers me is that in your misreading, I apparently made a vote with no reason, and in response, you make a vote that equally has no reasoning. Or I guess no purpose would be a better way to phrase it. You are trying to fake content and it's full of ****.

1. dabuz - Been a while, who do you know in this game and who do you not know? If you know them, who do you fear most being scum?
The only two players I recognize are you and Soup because both of you were almost in all my mafia games. However, my memory for mafia is poor and I don't recall any meta for those slots.

I'm a bit annoyed at KWK for effectively shutting down Soups opening. Looked mostly like bad play on KWK's part and not telling of alignment.

Soup, was there actually something in Tac's play up until your 36 that gave a town tell?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Votecount 1.1 - [5/9] - Deadline 11pm GMT on 4th March!

dabuz [2] - Known Mafia, Tac
Known Mafia [0]
Potassium [0]
Masquerain [0]
Killstic [0]
TBG [0]
Red Ryu [0]
Tac [1] - TBG
soup [1] - Potassium

Not Voting [5] - dabuz, Masquerain, Killstic, Red Ryu, soup

Potassium (aka Kantrip) replaces Kreative Whiz Kids!

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
Killstic-
Couldn't you have said you aren't sure or have basically a null (to ryu's question) and continued with the play you explained. Why did you react the way you did? Do you feel his intentions are poor/scummy?

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Why do you say scum doesn't think before they act? or am I misinterpretting the bolded?
My way of words may be vague, or I just need to go back to school. Understood, slightly misinterpreted. Basic theory which could indeed be scum material, but not directly aimed toward anyone in particular.

Your change in vocabulary and how you acted seemed like a crumb to me. I don't see the need to play in-character about something unless you were either restricted or you had a reason. Did you have a reason, or were you just messing around?

Also, can you really say you have a solid reason to vote Dabuz with one post about him being sick? I don't believe that.
There was no reason for my speaking like that, "messing around" would be accurate. Again, #43 for clarification on my initial posts.

Below.

Smashboards dying yesterday and quotes not carrying over when making a response while flipping between pages makes mafia a bit more annoying, oh well :l

Translation: You feel like that Soup is attempting to attack you in his posts but not be transparent about it, I guess that's a fair fear considering despite the first post being a bit of a joke, Soup's intention was laid out clear.

More than fine with your slot burning if it is unable to properly read a thread and realize my only post was stating a temporary absence due to illness. (Better BTW now, had a fever T_T)

Besides that, what bothers me is that in your misreading, I apparently made a vote with no reason, and in response, you make a vote that equally has no reasoning. Or I guess no purpose would be a better way to phrase it. You are trying to fake content and it's full of ****.
I had a feeling offense would be taken, I'm fine with that. However, twas intentional. I don't think I misread at all, iirc I stated that the vote was there due to your vote with seemingly 'no purpose' and your following absence which was suspicious to me. Who knew how long you'd be gone. (Good to hear you're better btw. Fevers are simply annoying. >.>)

FYI/unrelated to all: I've been in the middle of literally driving 2 hours back and forth between cities for job interviews, moving, and wrapping up this current lease. Got a job, should be decently consistent. Gotta drive again tues for drug test, then back after. Then back for training. etc.

Either way, I feel I can revoke at this point in time. For now.

/unvote

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I had a feeling offense would be taken, I'm fine with that. However, twas intentional. I don't think I misread at all, iirc I stated that the vote was there due to your vote with seemingly 'no purpose' and your following absence which was suspicious to me. Who knew how long you'd be gone. (Good to hear you're better btw. Fevers are simply annoying. >.>)

FYI/unrelated to all: I've been in the middle of literally driving 2 hours back and forth between cities for job interviews, moving, and wrapping up this current lease. Got a job, should be decently consistent. Gotta drive again tues for drug test, then back after. Then back for training. etc.

/unvote
I think I (and maybe others) misread what you posted then, reading this post clarifies that the vote on me was in response to someone else's vote, and not a post of mine which wasn't made lol.

Important question ~Tac~, what's your mafia experience?

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
In unfamiliar waters, one can only trust his own ship. Minimal, to answer the question.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
In unfamiliar waters, one can only trust his own ship. Minimal, to answer the question.
TY.

@Soup: I'm asking you since you have lots of experience and have read (:p @ Red Ryu), what do you make of ~Tac~'s vote? I'm not sure if it's a noob scum tell or RVSish.

#HBC | ѕoup

His reasoning comes off as inconsistent and his explanation for his actions are tacky. The vote itself is another perspective worth discussing. I'm in mafia mood right now so I'll go further into it. This game is starting to bore me.

#HBC | ѕoup

My problem with ~Tac~ is pretty simple.

A vote garners a reason to vote someone. Clearly, we're not in a state of RVS anymore. This initial vote isn't what bothers me, it's what comes afterward.

As for Dabuz, gut feels for now. Regardless of said sickness, (do get better soon, if you are) I voted dabuz for jumping too quickly on a vote in the manner shown. Tossing in a vote for seemingly no reason raises a flag for me. Especially when a hiatus is declared shortly after. In addition, it's familiar to me that one that wishes to do dirty work, thinks simple at first and goes under the table second in thought process. It's still early-esque, and I don't mind being proven wrong. Server instability threw me off a bit too.

Also, yay for site working again.
This comes off as exaggerated, and every sense of the word. The need to go into such details and to justify one matter in a 2 page state of the game is ludicrous. It's the essence of someone trying very hard to either look townie or trying to not step on any toes. This is further backed by the fact ~Tac~ is open to the idea of 'being proven wrong.' This alone is bad, but there's even more to poke at.

"Intentional?" Seems like backpedaling to me. It almost seems like there was no reason to vote in the first place, and this isn't something a town noob would do, as I would consider them to be more open and more willing to make mistakes. The careful attitude, the inconsistent logic and the awful unvote that came afterward just because Dabuz gives him chase all leads to me that ~Tac~ rolled scum. There is not an intention to scumhunt here, and there is not an intention for anything.
Vote: ~Tac~

Lynch.

TBG

Smash Cadet

Seconding what KM said, how did I stick my neck out?

unvote
Tac's vote and subsequent unvote on Dabuz read Town to me, largely due to the reasoning behind them.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Out of curiosity, how did you interpret Soup's actions as being town involving?

What posts did you see as him being angry and why do you think anything he has posted up to this point is genuine?
Oh, I thought I responded to this before I went to the tourney yesterday. Sorry ;~;.

I'm rethinking Soup, so I'll tell you how I felt at the time I made the post you're responding to.

He's asking questions that actually invoke developing ideas, like what you're doing with this post. It stops people from getting through the game with thoughtless actions, which helps us develop our reads more as town folk.

He seemed angry when he was talking to (or arguing with) Kantrip's hydra early on. His anger seemed genuine and realistic because oh his last post in the main argument. When Soup said that ~Tac~ wouldn't respond to his vote now. He was legitimately angry at the fact that he couldn't pressure the newbie now due to the hydra's involvement.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Yeah, ~Tac~ lynch looks like the best path to go down. He has been faking content which makes all his posts ****, useless, and not pro-town. Soup remarked on the unvote which I didn't even notice and I agree. To add on, that kind of unvote is actually a big scum tell because it's an unvote that's trying to alleviate pressure first and foremost and in this case there is no change in logic from the initial vote. Nothing has developed for ~Tac~ this game despite all his posting.

-Masquerain~, get in the game; what's your opinion of ~Tac~ and the cases presented against him?

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
"Intentional?" Seems like backpedaling to me. It almost seems like there was no reason to vote in the first place, and this isn't something a town noob would do, as I would consider them to be more open and more willing to make mistakes.
Seems I've dug myself a hole there. Believe it or not, that was a legit typo. Re-read that quote and consider whether I meant intentional or unintentional as my typo. Inconsistent logic? I'd like to see more of a basis excluding that strangely phrased post I made. I won't edit it, but I will refer to it and this conjunctively.

It would still seem that from the beginning your vote is of sheer will to keep appearance in intimidation as well. Phased, I'm not. Concerned, possibly. Only due to the pressure you're trying to commit could easily be misinterpreted again, imo. You seem to be quite a danger to town and scum alike.

Yeah, ~Tac~ lynch looks like the best path to go down. He has been faking content which makes all his posts ****, useless, and not pro-town. Soup remarked on the unvote which I didn't even notice and I agree. To add on, that kind of unvote is actually a big scum tell because it's an unvote that's trying to alleviate pressure first and foremost and in this case there is no change in logic from the initial vote. Nothing has developed for ~Tac~ this game despite all his posting.

-Masquerain~, get in the game; what's your opinion of ~Tac~ and the cases presented against him?
Faking content? I hear this from only two people, but at the same time it's understandable because it's in the same circle of votes. Outside of us, I would also like to be provided any demonstrations of fakery and bull**** because I fail to see them myself outside of my above mistake.

This comes off as exaggerated, and every sense of the word. The need to go into such details and to justify one matter in a 2 page state of the game is ludicrous. It's the essence of someone trying very hard to either look townie or trying to not step on any toes. This is further backed by the fact ~Tac~ is open to the idea of 'being proven wrong.' This alone is bad, but there's even more to poke at.
Do you truly find one's being open to proven wrong bad? I think it'd open more possibility to discussion and subtlety to scumhunting. If you're proven right, it's the end of a conversation and on to another topic; yet we're still on the debate of justifying me and my interpretations. Ludicrous, yes it is. I believe the same detail can be thrown on you without a doubt.

/unvote

Again, I will reiterate that "intentional" is a typo meant to be "unintentional". I feel a lack of reason to explain myself any further then by analyzing the awkwardness of the entire quoted post.

Yes, ~Masquerain~, I'd also like some input on some of this. What do you think of the votes so far overall as well?

Killstic

Smash Rookie
Killstic-
Couldn't you have said you aren't sure or have basically a null (to ryu's question) and continued with the play you explained. Why did you react the way you did? Do you feel his intentions are poor/scummy?
I played the way I did to coax a reaction out of him in order to get him out of RVS. I seriously wanted to lock RR in as an early read and the fact that this is falling on deaf ears is frustrating. So very frustrating. In early game I didn't want to go through pressuring ~Tac~ since he was in trolley philosopher speak mode or TBG since he seemed to be entirely baseless to me on the surface so I wanted to plug in RR and Masquerain afterwards. However, this didn't pan out and we are already approaching day's end.

Top Bottom