• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dining Philosophers Mafia! Game Over - Who Won???

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
He's not commiting or attempting to commit on anything. He's been fishing for reactions and other players reads before he says anything himself and yet still remains uncommital when he actually takes about his "Gambit" reads.

He's trying to fish for safe stances while not pushing for anything himself.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I expect you to have at least an opinion if not a read on majority or all of the table. I won't reveal my opinions as of yet, but I will soon. Mainly because I'm a little short on time atm, secondarily I feel it's not quite time for me to do so yet.
That's a high expectation in a game where there are about 4 players outside of myself who I can consider as actively contributing to the game enough to get a good read.

I didn't say I didn't have feels for each player, but I don't have anything concrete enough to feel confident in.

Apparently you do. I don't know when it will be "time" for you to reveal your opinions of every player, but I personally am intrigued by your assertion that you have an opinion on every player. I'd like to know these opinions as soon as possible.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
He's not commiting or attempting to commit on anything. He's been fishing for reactions and other players reads before he says anything himself and yet still remains uncommital when he actually takes about his "Gambit" reads.

Is it possible that he doesn't have concrete reads through sheer inactivity? I know that I only have a couple solid reads.

Kantrip

Kantplay

This is untrue and I'm offended. You can say I'm not committing, but saying I'm not trying to commit is just an insult that you cannot possibly know to be true. I may be taking my time to lock in reads I'm comfortable with, but is that a bad thing?

I honestly don't understand this point against me. Would you like me to state my reads and force me to commit to them? Because you never tried to do that, instead you skipped to a vote.

Fine with Acrostic and soup for now.
Known Mafia town.
Need to question ~Tac~ more, possible scum and a good D1 lynch.
Red Ryu leaning scum.
TBG not scum with Red Ryu but also leaning scum.
dabuz town.
Masquerain null.

There you go, commitment. Now I'd like you to tell me which viable D1 lynches you would support. If it came down to ~Tac~ or NL, would you lynch ~Tac~?

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming TBG or RR scum makes the other town? Is this true for the inverse(IE a town flip by one makes the other scum?)

Kantrip

Kantplay
No, the reason for the inverse reads is based on a disconnect that makes them an unlikely scumteam, but a town flip from one wouldn't make the other seem more scummy.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
I figured it was a disconnect from your earlier post, but was wondering about the second possibility.
btw, is there anything you wanna put out per the mechanics for now? This is gonna come up eventually, and I wanna get others opinions on certain things before I pump out my thoughts on them.

Kantrip

Kantplay
My opinion on mechanics is that everyone knows their own roles and should be able to figure out how to use them. If you like the person sitting to your right and your action isn't super important, it could be beneficial not to use it. If you don't like the person to your right, you might be inclined to use your action even when you normally wouldn't. I think everyone should use their own discretion with their roles, make sure they have reasoning for everything they do, and then later in the game when we mass-claim we can make sure everyone's actions line up with their intentions.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
okay. the mechanics don't just affect night actions IMO. I wanna talk to hando on this, but I have something to put out there about table placement that might work to town's advantage.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's one thing to not have concrete reads, it's another to fish for reactions so you can learn what town wants so you can make your own stances. What did you learn from fake reading me as scum earlier? Did you try to press it further? What did you get from Tac and his responses from an intent point of view? Note I am not saying if what he did was useful or smart, rather is what he did make more sense as a new player from a town motive or scum one?

I'd lynch Tac over a NL but I do not support it over you.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
It's one thing to not have concrete reads, it's another to fish for reactions so you can learn what town wants so you can make your own stances. What did you learn from fake reading me as scum earlier? Did you try to press it further? What did you get from Tac and his responses from an intent point of view? Note I am not saying if what he did was useful or smart, rather is what he did make more sense as a new player from a town motive or scum one?

where did you get fake scumreading you from? especially when we see kantrip said
Red Ryu leaning scum.
TBG not scum with Red Ryu but also leaning scum.
these two things.

Kantrip

Kantplay

Fake reading you as scum?

k

X1-12

Smash Champion
VOTECOUNT 1.2 - Deadline 6th March at 11pm GMT
with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

dabuz [0]
Known Mafia [1] - Acrostic
Potassium [1] - Red Ryu
Masquerain [0]
Acrostic [0]
TBG [1] - Known Mafia
Red Ryu [1] - Potassium
Tac [2] - soup, dabuz
soup [1] - TBG

Not Voting [2] - Masquerain, Tac

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think you, TBG, and ~Tac~ are our viable lynches for toDay.

Vote: ~Tac~

claim pls

@Red Ryu: It wasn't a lie, but it was a hyperbole. My callout on you was to test your reaction, but that doesn't mean it came out of nowhere. I wasn't liking what I was seeing from you, said you could die to see how you would react and try to further press my feels, and then got us to where we are now. I don't think you're a viable lynch for toDay, just like I don't think I'm a viable lynch for toDay, so I think it would be beneficial if we agreed to resume this toMorrow.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
Unvote vote: tac
I'll vote back on TBG if necessary, but I think I'd rather lynch tac over him.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
Unvote
be back tomorrow.
also not really a ql when deadline is in 24 hours, but whatevs

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
I don't understand what you mean by 'misinterpreting'. I don't understand how this answers anything I asked of you in the first place. Focus on the questions I asked, then get back to me.

Comparison? Clarify please?

I want to comment on your pushes with TBG/Kantrip but I'll let them judge you accordingly.
Pretty sure I answered the main points of what you asked. But for the sake of it, I'll readdress each question individually:
This comes off as exaggerated, and every sense of the word. The need to go into such details and to justify one matter in a 2 page state of the game is ludicrous.
This is what I meant by the same detail. The entire matter of this going on for 2 pages as it was pushed. Understandable why it was all questioned in the first place, but I felt it went on way too long regardless.

Your reads, perhaps?

Why does it matter?
"Starting small, even continuing that part would nearly be moot at this point, I suppose", also #171.

Also, why couldn't you just tell RR that you hadn't played any games before>?
Felt it was in my best interest to withhold that until the game got a bit further. Revealing such a thing too early would lessen the value and attention of my posts, even if by a fraction of a percent.

I'm not a fan of lynching Tac right now. He is at least showing effort while being honest, new scum don't do that. Town does. Before not enough info, now reading his more recent posts give me that impression. His posts aren't great mind you but the effort seems legit.

vote: Potassium
I'd appreciate any critiques to improve my post efficiency/potency if offered.

Apparently you do. I don't know when it will be "time" for you to reveal your opinions of every player, but I personally am intrigued by your assertion that you have an opinion on every player. I'd like to know these opinions as soon as possible.
I wouldn't say that my opinions are concrete at all. With the posts you've made on how you have little direction of opinion and expression towards a few people until #205 has obviously been an issue for several. I'd even go so far to say before that post, I did. Secondly, it would be difficult for me to share those opinions if I were out of the game before they could be expressed thoroughly and I don't have enough time for that. rl johns. I hate posting in cluster like this but it's all I can do til tomorrow.

Ruy is looking solid to me for now. Semi-lurking, I feel.
dabuz is inactive, little contributed.
soup is getting and giving content actively.
Potassium is iffy to me, but not quite scumfeels.
TBG is in and out inactive and my previous questions along with several others are unanswered.
Masquerain, a little too inactive for the content we have now, imo.
KM is contributing to content, imo.
Acro, no solid thoughts on this one yet.
Kantrip, also rather inactive recently.

THROW MORE VOTES AT IT
vote: TBG

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
unrelated: stuck in another city with no laptop (on friend's pc atm) til tomorrow around deadline; so Voted to secure it just in cAse. i'll try and make it back. good side is i'm probably goNna have two jobs Instead of the one.

unLikeLy i'll be Able to respond again tonight. gotta get **** done early morn.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Pretty sure I answered the main points of what you asked. But for the sake of it, I'll readdress each question individually:

This is what I meant by the same detail. The entire matter of this going on for 2 pages as it was pushed. Understandable why it was all questioned in the first place, but I felt it went on way too long regardless.

"Starting small, even continuing that part would nearly be moot at this point, I suppose", also #171.

Felt it was in my best interest to withhold that until the game got a bit further. Revealing such a thing too early would lessen the value and attention of my posts, even if by a fraction of a percent.

I'd appreciate any critiques to improve my post efficiency/potency if offered.

I wouldn't say that my opinions are concrete at all. With the posts you've made on how you have little direction of opinion and expression towards a few people until #205 has obviously been an issue for several. I'd even go so far to say before that post, I did. Secondly, it would be difficult for me to share those opinions if I were out of the game before they could be expressed thoroughly and I don't have enough time for that. rl johns. I hate posting in cluster like this but it's all I can do til tomorrow.

Ruy is looking solid to me for now. Semi-lurking, I feel.
dabuz is inactive, little contributed.
soup is getting and giving content actively.
Potassium is iffy to me, but not quite scumfeels.
TBG is in and out inactive and my previous questions along with several others are unanswered.
Masquerain, a little too inactive for the content we have now, imo.
KM is contributing to content, imo.
Acro, no solid thoughts on this one yet.
Kantrip, also rather inactive recently.

vote: TBG
Lol. I am Kantrip.

~Tac~ we need you to tell us your role as soon as you read this.

Kantrip

Kantplay
-sigh- didn't realize how far apart dabuz's and ~Tac~'s posts were. Seems he's avoiding claiming.

We're not switching the lynch for this behaviour. It is Tac's fault he didn't claim and not doing so was inherently scummy when MULTIPLE people told him to do it, and he didn't even acknowledge that. He is unquestionably the lynch toDay, and people may feel free to place their votes on him at their leisure.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
He claimed Vanilla.

Voted to secure it just in cAse. i'll try and make it back. good side is i'm probably goNna have two jobs Instead of the one.

unLikeLy i'll be Able to respond again tonight. gotta get **** done early morn.

Kantrip

Kantplay
LOL!

Man, I skimmed that and didn't even NOTICE the caps. For someone who's never played before to claim like THAT is really humorous to me. So can we lynch him now?

#HBC | ѕoup

That crumb was incredibly silly and I don't see why he would feel the need to crumb it.

TBG

Smash Cadet
TGB - You're on soup's case because he was 'pushing' for side talk, while at the same time it seems you're relying on the easy vote to progress the game forward while you yourself sit on the side and ride the wagon. Scummy. Also, that he is attempting to distract from lynches, while I believe even #144 reiterates soup's contribution to the game thus far. It'd be much easier for scum to be under the radar with experienced players out of the way obviously, also scummy.
There was and is absolutely nobody else on this wagon, so I'm not really sure how it's "easy" at all.

Vets should not get a pass just for being vets. I'm not really sure why pushing an experienced player is inherently scummy; they're obviously going to be extremely difficult to mislynch compared to newer players. (like yourself)

Reading ATM, but this post catches me eye. Everyone agrees that Soup's suggestion was dumb, but TBG is the first to throw out a vote on Soup for suggesting it. Do you think Soup is Scum? Regardless of your answer, I want reasoning with it. Also, respond to my question directed to you in #92.
Yes, mainly because diverting attention from the impending deadline and focusing it on mechanics is about the easiest way to ensure Tac lynch goes through, especially without having to advocate Tac lynch more.

IDC what your stance is now, why would you get a town read from ~Tac~'s actions up to this point? Go into what about the reasoning you like.
They didn't (and don't) seem to have scum motive behind them. I harp about how "scumtells" are just manifestations of scum motive/intent, and this is why. Why would he push you for being sick? Why do any of the things he's doing? The RPish posts do nothing but attract attention and wonder, the weird claim method he just did doesn't make any sense as Scum, nor does claiming vanilla under lynch threat in a presumably PR heavy game. Nothing about his play seems scummy to me; the seemingly universal agreement on him being scummy does not sit well with me. I think he's Town.

The first paragraph in TBG's 168 contrasts with with vote because he's saying the entire fork idea presented by Soup was anti-town, but hasn't explained why it is scum or how that justifies a vote.

Then he wants to lynch Soup because that would give us information, enough to outweigh the loss of an active townie. I have to agree with Acrostic and Potassium, if hypothetically I have a scumlean on Soup, it's not worth the risk to lynch him this early on anyway because it could be TownSoup.
If Soup's motive was to divert town attention this game, then TBG's second point would be valid, but I don't think TBG could come to such a conclusion so simply.
I assumed it was painfully obvious that Soup's plan was roleblocking most/all of the Town. As for why that would be Scum, again, that's pretty self-explanatory. I'm also voting him more for the attention diversion, which was exactly the conclusion I came to and stated repeatedly.

I also specifically stated that despite how I thought he was scummy, I was only okay with a souplynch if the Town stayed active.

This is one of those times where I feel like someone skim instead of reading and thinking. Did you skim?

TBG doesn't sit well with me, although I agreed with some of his points towards you. However, Those points were the easiest ones to jump on you with imo. Joey seeemed town from his couple of posts. RR might be town, might be scum. he needs to do things.
"I thought TBG's content was good, but I'm just going to establish suspicion in case I want to wagon him later."

No.

What 'not easy' points could I have "jumped" Soup with? He, uh, stuff? I don't think such points exist.

LOL!

Man, I skimmed that and didn't even NOTICE the caps. For someone who's never played before to claim like THAT is really humorous to me. So can we lynch him now?
hello I am opportunism

Really also don't like the "well I don't have any reads lol" thing your slot did earlier. I should probably go back and ISO, but I think this might be another lynch I'm alright with, pending ISO. (along with KM, posts like #206 clearly show skimming)

@Tac: Activity wise it's pretty much me being free and coming on after everyone's gone. I try to content up the posts I make, and I think I do.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Opportunism?

He claimed VT. The only reason I wanted a claim was to make sure he's not gonna be an un cc'd cop or something. How is what I said opportunistic?

Kantrip

Kantplay
You seem to be a strong advocate of the "look for scum intent" approach.

What's the scum intent of me announcing I have no reads unprovoked?

TBG

Smash Cadet
Opportunism?

He claimed VT. The only reason I wanted a claim was to make sure he's not gonna be an un cc'd cop or something. How is what I said opportunistic?
Oh, okay, I thought you were saying his method of claim was scummy. Nevermind.

You seem to be a strong advocate of the "look for scum intent" approach.

What's the scum intent of me announcing I have no reads unprovoked?
It's less harmful/risky than being called out and then saying it or simply trying to go UTR, but still allows you to not contribute, or to wait and formulate "reads" after knowing what the Town as a whole thinks. (it also allows you to use the wifom of "But why would I call myself out?") I don't know what's typical of Dgames' meta, but you were essentially given a mild scolding and then a free pass. If you knew that was probably what would happen, it's got huge benefits.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay well that wasn't my intention and I feel like this is proven by the fact that, also unprovoked, I went and outlined a full reads list. And this reads list wasn't even a "catering to what the rest of town thinks" kind of thing.

TBG could you share a full reads list?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also I find it funny that you think I'm scummy for saying I have no reads because it could be a way to avoid flying under the radar, and yet you're ignoring all the players that ARE flying under the radar.

You don't like the ~Tac~ lynch, correct? Push for something better. You vote sitting on soup isn't enough.

#HBC | ѕoup

TBG your #230 is all nullified if you actually read back.

#HBC | ѕoup

~Tac~, who should we look at tomorrow regarding your lynch? Anyone you dislike based on votes?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Reading what I can before catching the bus, gonna post as I go along.

I could summarize the scum side of his intent, sure. Keep in mind this isn't my opinion at this time. I repeat:

DISCLAIMER: The following statements are not what I believe soup's intent to be at this time but are merely possibilities to enable scumsoup to have an explanation.

soup knows that I lash out at people who call me scum. As scum, he would want to avoid doing this, so by his ever-growing townread on me he could be trying to appease me and get on my side, as you will. His switch to a scumread on ~Tac~ could be the result of him realizing ~Tac~ would be an easy mislynch to force late in the game and putting him on his scumlist to enable him to do this later.
"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" is what you propose could be ScumSoup's plan. So you think ScumSoup would be playing to your weaknesses.

The other point is suggesting that ScumSoup would purposely target the weakest player.

Thank you for clarifying. Did Soup's fork suggestion change your opinion on Soup? Do you think it was telling of alignment at all?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
That wasn't what Acro was saying at all though. Acro said that even if soup was mafia, he's still generating more content then most of the player cast. how does this translate to "he might be townsoup so let's not lynch him"

Must have misread it then, bah.
My questions always have purpose. They help my reads. it might not be appaerent right away, but it does get me results. again, look at ryu's toonami mafia for an example.
Ok, if this is how you play in general then it's good to know so I don't get a scumread from what is just your meta.

With that, I g2g. I'll post/ ccatchup tonight.

Top Bottom