• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, all of my current suspicions are of niiro and numbers.
I don't have much backing it up save for the ol' "spam_master's gut" unfortunately. Something in how niiro posts gets me antsy o_O

I DID find it unusual for marshy to immediately shut down the role claim with "we shouldn't roleclaim the rest of the game" and then voting on mentos, seeing as this would be completely contrary to how hard he was pushing the nameclaim at the beginning. However, he has since backed it up, and I see exactly why the role claim would and should be shut down that quickly. It really can benefit the mafia in this position.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like to think I don't lower myself to OMGUS votes/suspicions.
I understand that people are going to be suspicious of me because of

A) I have the same genus as mentos

and

B) I led the macman fiasco

With that in mind I'm trying to let votes on me guide my suspicions.

and for the record, I'm more suspicious of niiro, not numbers. currently.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Actually, my vote was just a pressure vote. I'll reaspond after I get to a computer.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Lol wut. Mindgames?
I was on the iPod. Thanks for caring lol.

I like to think I don't lower myself to OMGUS votes/suspicions.
I understand that people are going to be suspicious of me because of

A) I have the same genus as mentos

and

B) I led the macman fiasco

With that in mind I'm trying to let votes on me guide my suspicions.

and for the record, I'm more suspicious of niiro, not numbers. currently.
It seems kinda weird that you guys aren't really suspisous of each other which kinda makes me think that you don't want to throw your fellow scum out into the light. But on the other hand, it seems unlikely that you would pick such similar dinosaurs if you two are working together. What seems most likely though, is that one of you is scum and doesn't want to make too big of a scene against the other player, because if, lets say pythag is mafia, and mentosman gets voted off today, pythag WILL follow, and vice versa.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Niiro, there are reasons for sure, that I have already put into one of my posts. If I need to straight-up say what my reasons are to change this conversation off this topic, I will.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
maybe not just yet? more posts with 2 days
There however are some things I'm kind of concerned about. I'm going to post them in a few when I get the chance to organize my thoughts.
still waiting on this

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
So everyone knows that I was heavily suspicious of Marshy earlier in the game. I am not going to go into much depth about why I felt the way I did, because I already did so back then and you can simply look back and reread[Which I suggest you do, rereading the thread is always good and you may catch things that you previously overloooked. But now I am suspicious of marshy once more.

I’ll sum up my reasons for being suspicious of marshy earlier on.

He made it apparent that he had some sort of power role.

He made stated over and over that there was a way Mafia could mess up with nameclaim. Saying this only would seem to help mafia, forcing them to look for what they could have possibly overlooked.

And possibly my biggest reason, he tried to force the nameclaim. As it shows in this next quote.

btw if we don't agree to it before then i'll be nameclaiming March 28 unless there's some really convincing reason not to. i'd force it so we'd have a few days to get everybody to do it before a lynch and will probably ask for an extension as well. A nameclaim forces mafia to lie and since it won't reveal power roles it'll be giving us a chance to catch them in a lie or see if they slip-up or whatever.
I think it’s suspicious to try to manipulate the town into doing what you want. Originally I look past my views because it seemed like Marshy’s plan had some merit. However in retrospect the name claim didn’t really help us figure anything out. I mean ronike, the only mafia we know of now, was late cretaceous. This brings up the possibility that Marshy and how other mafia buddies knew about this and planned the whole name claim. However this is not where my argument lies.

Here I think I spot a miniscule slip up.

and to clarify Macman: I'm trying to convince everybody that it's a good idea but if they disagree, then i will try to force them into it by sparking it. not everybody needs to say yes/maybe to the nameclaim, just enough people that would nameclaim so the only townie who did so wouldn't be a sitting duck, because at that point anybody who still doesn't nameclaim will be more suspicious for good reason.
Townie? Why would you be so sure that it was a townie that wouldn’t want to name claim? Is it because you know your mafia buddies will? This is also small and probably not a real slip but I just wanted to point it out.

since you're doing this i'm going to force this to be an annoying situation for both of us. with the plurality it's possible that we won't be able to decide on a good lynch candidate, and you'll be the only person with a vote which'd be on me leading to my lynching. since i'd rather you die than me, i'm letting you know now that i'm voting you immediately once D2 starts so when you tie it with me, i can be sure that you'll be the one dead instead of me since in case of a tie the person who got voted on first will be lynched when deadline hits. though i'd rather you just unvote me and agree that it'd be way suspicious if either of us voted each other immediately once D2 starts
I think the way you acted here was hella scummy. You were planning on voting me simply because I had my vote on you. And you wanted to make sure I would get lynched simply because I had my vote on you. You were essentially threatening me not to use my vote the way I saw fit which is something I find scummy as hell.

bah
unvote yaya
vote lombo
not sure of rockin's sanity but don't want to risk it just yet. i think it's time to call lombo's bluff
In this quote, we see Marshy start the bandwagon for voting off lombo. He moves off or Rockin pretty quickly after Rockin role claims. I was thinking that Marshy may be the Mafia Godfather or he knew Rockin was naïve so he didn’t feel a threat from rockin.

unvote lombo 6 to lynch and we're at 5.
don't want to end Day just yet
Then shortly before the deadline ends and more people have voted for him. He removes his vote saying “he doesn’t want to end the day just yet.” Noone even posted between this post and when the deadline ended. He didn’t offer up any other points of discussion. So I wondered for a while as to why he removed his vote on a person he began the bandwagon on. I think that it was to lead up to this post:

as for rockin's sanity i think it'd be dangerous to assume that yaya is cleared though i know he was right about me. that also makes me hesitant to lynch him toDay but that doesn't mean he should post less because of it.

also what should we make of of the vote count from yesterDay?

for reference:
Mr.Lombardi34 (5) - Macman, Rockin, mentosman8, Yaya, Niiro
Rockin (3) - karthik_king, 1048576, Mr.Lombardi34

i'm leaning that one of those 4 players voted Lombo to finish him with a nightkill since we know mafia most likely did it. they knew he wasn't one of them so they didn't want to take a chance of lombo being a 1 time bulletproof as Townie. also maybe lombo was onto something
He incriminates the people who voted for Lombo. It doesn’t matter to him that he started the bandwagon or that he removed his vote right before the day was over. It seemed like he just didn’t want to be on the final vote tally so he would be clear to make a post like this one. Yet again this seems manipulative, and seems to be a good way for him to shed suspicion on other people while keeping it off of himself.

if that's the case then hell no.

everybody's said yes except me. unless you're telling me that i'm the last mafia and worked with ronike then it's obvious mafia wants this roleclaim.

2 cops are dead and it's likely that there're multiple protective roles as well. mafia can easily just say "i'm vanilla" and/or "i'm doc" and we'd be screwed if people actually fell for it. they wouldn't even have to trigger a counterclaim fight because we've seen 2 similar roles in this game.

vote mentos for pushing this idea the most
we shouldn't roleclaim for the rest of the game
And then we come to this. He asks for everyone elses opinion before he gives his own. Than when he does he tries to demands that we do it his way, even though that goes against what most of the town decided. Another example of how he is trying to manipulate or force the town into doing something. I don’t know if I am alone in thinking this, but generally mafia aren’t for a roleclaim. I am starting to think this was just a sly trick so that we wouldn’t role claim and also get a reason to vote someone [mentos]. A reason I don’t really think is valid at all.

In general, Marshy has been playing this game like he was the leader of the town. Forcing the nameclaim, and then forcing not to role claim. He knows that people will be more willing to listen to him because, let’s face it, he is the best player here. I find it odd that mafia didn’t choose to kill him either N1 or N2. But I’m not going to get into that because that leads into some WIFOM. All in all, I just can’t get rid of the thought that Marshy is sitting at the head of the town manipulating us as he sees fit..

vote: Marshy

karthik_king

Smash Ace
I have to admit it Macman but I think you are right. Marshy should have been nightkilled by now because if I was mafia
smart townie=Target

but yet Marshy has not been lynched yet. Not only that but during the roleclaim thing he just forced it away after we had a huge majority on him. That to me makes no sense whatsoever.

vote Marshy

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been thinking along the same lines mac. I thought at first he was town, but the way he's acted today seems scummy. Ill post more thoughts later when I'm not just on my phone.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
read between the lines. 3 other players toDay alone have hinted at power roles yet you single me out. silly.

and to clarify Macman: I'm trying to convince everybody that it's a good idea but if they disagree, then i will try to force them into it by sparking it. not everybody needs to say yes/maybe to the nameclaim, just enough people that would nameclaim so the only townie who did so wouldn't be a sitting duck, because at that point anybody who still doesn't nameclaim will be more suspicious for good reason.
Macman said:
Townie? Why would you be so sure that it was a townie that wouldn’t want to name claim? Is it because you know your mafia buddies will?
what? read the quote. i said "just enough people that would nameclaim so the only townie who did so wouldn't be a sitting duck". i was saying the entire time that i'd be the first one to nameclaim and was referring to myself in that quote. i didn't want to nameclaim out of nowhere without being sure that others would follow.

I think the way you acted here was hella scummy. You were planning on voting me simply because I had my vote on you. And you wanted to make sure I would get lynched simply because I had my vote on you. You were essentially threatening me not to use my vote the way I saw fit which is something I find scummy as hell.
i was planning on making things even. sorry but if it's you or me it's obvious who i'm going to choose to let die. you voting me that way put pressure on me because if nobody else voted i'd be lynched. stop acting like that's unreasonable.

In this quote, we see Marshy start the bandwagon for voting off lombo. He moves off or Rockin pretty quickly after Rockin role claims. I was thinking that Marshy may be the Mafia Godfather or he knew Rockin was naïve so he didn’t feel a threat from rockin.
i moved off rockin because i didn't want to risk lynching a cop.

Then shortly before the deadline ends and more people have voted for him. He removes his vote saying “he doesn’t want to end the day just yet.” Noone even posted between this post and when the deadline ended. He didn’t offer up any other points of discussion. So I wondered for a while as to why he removed his vote on a person he began the bandwagon on.
i unvoted lombo in case anybody had anything else to say. unvoting lombo like that didn't actually hurt anything and the only thing that could come of it were more posts before Day ended.

He incriminates the people who voted for Lombo. It doesn’t matter to him that he started the bandwagon or that he removed his vote right before the day was over. It seemed like he just didn’t want to be on the final vote tally so he would be clear to make a post like this one. Yet again this seems manipulative, and seems to be a good way for him to shed suspicion on other people while keeping it off of himself.
feel free to be suspicious of me for voting lombo then. here's the deal: lombo was independent and the mafia didn't know this thus i think it's likely that at least one of them voted lombo before the Day ended because they'd be getting rid of someone who wasn't with them.

He asks for everyone elses opinion before he gives his own. Than when he does he tries to demands that we do it his way, even though that goes against what most of the town decided.
wow no. there're mafia members and independents still around. when everybody else said "let's roleclaim!" i figured that the remaining independents/mafia could just roleclaim whatever and slip by. it doesn't matter how many Townies endorse an idea when every single non-Town player endorses it too. that most likely means it'll hurt Town.

I don’t know if I am alone in thinking this, but generally mafia aren’t for a roleclaim. I am starting to think this was just a sly trick so that we wouldn’t role claim and also get a reason to vote someone [mentos]. A reason I don’t really think is valid at all.
not a trick. i already explained "hey mafia could roleclaim vanilla or even a power role and it'd lead to a huge mess" and you're saying i'm mafia? i get everybody to go with something that would benefit me as mafia then shut it down? that's my plan? silly. i'm not mafia and we still shouldn't roleclaim.

I find it odd that mafia didn’t choose to kill him either N1 or N2.
i don't care if you said that you're not going into this. mafia probably hasn't nightkilled me because i'm sure that i've gone in the wrong direction a few times now and because i have the most posts to the skew like you just did.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
and mentos i'm interested in seeing your thoughts against me as well.

karthik i've already explained why we shouldn't roleclaim and you don't explain why my reasoning was wrong when voting me. just explained why i most likely haven't been nightkilled either.

Smash Master
The mafia voted off KevinM night 1 and our "confirmed townie" night two. I see no reason they would have gone for Marshy.

Smash Master
Vote:pythag

You only have 28 posts even after all the attention you garnered. That's pretty scummy, IMO.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude, what do you want me to say? Do you want me to post every other hour, "yeah, I still got nothing. Mulling stuff over. over and out."

I've been wondering about marsh for awhile, but I decided to trust him.
He is leading the town, and has been from the beginning. That's not that hard to see.
From his posts a really get a town feeling though, so I chose early on that I would support him.

And I'm sorry if you find a lack of posts scummy. I just thought that since the subject changed from my ******** arguments to something else, that I wouldn't beat the dead horse and mess up the flow by interjecting every now and again "GUYS REMEMBER WHEN I WAS SUSPICIOUS? I SWEAR I'M NOT LOL"
What would that accomplish?

I'm having a hard time thus figuring out what you are expecting of me.

Smash Master
You could talk about other things. If I told you what I wanted to hear, then it would no longer be what I want to hear. I've explained why I can see mafia not killing off Marshy even if he's town, and you are clearly the most suspicious person after that. I acknowledge that I'm not certain by any means, but with the deadline looming, you seem like the most likely individual to be scum.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, I plan to look back on the thread in a bit and see if I can pick anything up, but since I said I would say my thoughts on Marshy, I think I'll do that beforehand.

Now first of all, Mac, I agree I can see Marshy being mafia, and have considered the thought. Mostly, this is raised from the events of today. Most specifically

vote mentos for pushing this idea the most
Now, don't confuse this with an OMGUS type thing. The reason I find this suspicious is mainly due to the reason given. He says he's voting me for pushing it, but when we look at day 1, he was prepared to literally FORCE the town to name-claim. I'll come back to this in a little bit.

The way he completely shut down the role claim, and pointed out the possible ways to get through it after being so adamant against anyone saying anything about the potential of a name claim seems to flip.

Now, on to my thoughts overall, and that is that Macman just made an absolutely terrible argument seem like something big and true. Really, as I read that argument, I didn't pick it up at first, but then began to notice as I went through again how weak the argument really was. I'll also point out why I'm inclined to believe he's town(I still have suspicions, but that is me overall lean) during this.

I’ll sum up my reasons for being suspicious of marshy earlier on.

He made stated over and over that there was a way Mafia could mess up with nameclaim. Saying this only would seem to help mafia, forcing them to look for what they could have possibly overlooked.

And possibly my biggest reason, he tried to force the nameclaim. As it shows in this next quote.
Now the first one I don't remember exactly what he said, so I won't comment on. Second, if he was mafia, he would have reminded them via outside-of-thread messaging(Assuming that, as usual, mafia can converse as such during day), not in the thread. As for the last comment here, yes he tried to force the nameclaim, but how did he do it? By saying that he would do it regardless before anyone else. Now, granted there are a lot of dinos to choose from, it seems somewhat unlikely that a mafioso would force this by claiming first, as you then have 12 possible people countering your claim. That is the big point that stuck out when he did this.

I think it’s suspicious to try to manipulate the town into doing what you want. Originally I look past my views because it seemed like Marshy’s plan had some merit. However in retrospect the name claim didn’t really help us figure anything out. I mean ronike, the only mafia we know of now, was late cretaceous. This brings up the possibility that Marshy and how other mafia buddies knew about this and planned the whole name claim. However this is not where my argument lies
It is somewhat suspicious, but see my above comment. Also, Ronike was one of the first to say he knew what Marshy was talking about in the possible slip ups, so it doesn't equate to him being mafia just because a maf claim fit.

Townie? Why would you be so sure that it was a townie that wouldn’t want to name claim? Is it because you know your mafia buddies will? This is also small and probably not a real slip but I just wanted to point it out.
You just took that completely out of context to make that argument. The original post referred to him going to claim regardless, and he was saying he wanted enough yes/maybes that it wouldn't leave a possibility of him being the only townie to do so.

I do agree this was somewhat odd. Reading Marshy's explanation, I still feel voting at the beginning of D2 "In case no one else voted" seems kind of weak, and I would like to hear a stronger explanation here.

Here, you assume Marshy must be mafia. If I had voted Rockin already, I would have moved off just as fast. There is no use risking lynching a cop claim if you're a townie, and every reason to do it if you're a maf who has an inno investigation on him. If Marshy was maf, I think he would have pushed how suspicious the claim was and tried to get him lynched to have him die a cop and "clear" himself. Also, the bandwagon you refer to wasn't so much a bandwagon as "we decided we need to test him, we don't have any safe ideas right now, let's take care of this.

Then shortly before the deadline ends and more people have voted for him. He removes his vote saying “he doesn’t want to end the day just yet.” Noone even posted between this post and when the deadline ended. He didn’t offer up any other points of discussion. So I wondered for a while as to why he removed his vote on a person he began the bandwagon on. I think that it was to lead up to this post:
He merely did this because there were only hours left in the day, and the lynch would happen regardless. Instead of allowing the day to end early, which was unnecessary at that point, and you never know if someone will have something to say after that point.

The problem with this theory is that Marshy has been saying how we needed to test Lombo at some point since his initial claim. Anyone who paid any attention to the thread would know this, so it would be a stupid attempt to make, and a mistake a player like him is unlikely to make.

And of course I already posted my thoughts on the anti-role-claim, so no need to go back there. From what I've seen in this argument, it was based on things using taken out of context, and pieces of the facts ignored to make it seem more valid. While I have thought he sounded scummy today at times, as a whole he has been pro-town. After looking at this argument of yours more thoroughly, FoS: Macman. I'm not ready to vote yet, but this argument seems like an attempt to seem convincing any way possible.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
to clarify i was against the roleclaim because of how easy it was to get through it. the difference between nameclaim and roleclaim is important and the latter is easier to slip by given the roles flipped in the first post. there's enough roles that'd be believable at this point that Townies revealing what they can do would be putting themselves at the mafia's mercy.

i thought nameclaim was a good idea because even if they didn't slip up at least it wouldn't hurt us too much. however a roleclaim can definitely screw us over at this point because Townies may end up following false leads and/or clearing the wrong people near the endgame. there's 8 players left and there'll be 6 tomorrow, maybe less depending on what the remaining independents do. almost over.

still think a macman lynch is okay.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
karthik, niiro, pythag, yaya who you guys leaning towards voting? we have a day left

i'm assuming 1048 is content with pythag, macman content with me, and mentos leaning macman

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'm playing smash at a friends house, so I don;t have time to fully respond. But here is what I have to comment on now.

read between the lines. 3 other players toDay alone have hinted at power roles yet you single me out. silly.
I was saying the reasons why I was suspicious of you day1, not today.

what? read the quote. i said "just enough people that would nameclaim so the only townie who did so wouldn't be a sitting duck". i was saying the entire time that i'd be the first one to nameclaim and was referring to myself in that quote. i didn't want to nameclaim out of nowhere without being sure that others would follow
I completely misread this quote. I thought you were saying that you would force everyone to claim so that the only townie who didn't claim would be a sitting duck.

i was planning on making things even. sorry but if it's you or me it's obvious who i'm going to choose to let die. you voting me that way put pressure on me because if nobody else voted i'd be lynched. stop acting like that's unreasonable.
So you actually thought that we as a town weren't gonna vote anyone d2?

I think you guys are missing the main point of my argument. I don't have any qualms him voting Lombo and removing his vote from Rockin. And I am only mildly suspicious about him not being nightkilled yet. My main point is that Marshy is constantly trying to push things or force things on the town. The way he handled the name claim and the roleclaim. What I find most scummy is how he is quick to shed suspicion on people for voting lombo, when he himself was supporting a vote for Lombo right until the end.

oh and enlighten me; what posts did i "skew" and what pieces of facts have I ignored?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I was saying the reasons why I was suspicious of you day1, not today.
does it carry over or not? i thought you mentioned it now because you still don't like it which i find silly considering others have done so recently

So you actually thought that we as a town weren't gonna vote anyone d2?
no. once the vote started moving towards someone else and your vote wasn't enough to lynch me due to plurality i'd stop doing the same to you.

My main point is that Marshy is constantly trying to push things or force things on the town. The way he handled the name claim and the roleclaim. What I find most scummy is how he is quick to shed suspicion on people for voting lombo, when he himself was supporting a vote for Lombo right until the end.
you're being way too vague here with the nameclaim and roleclaim. you still haven't explained how that was unjustified. nameclaim would barely hurt us with a potential big gain and roleclaim could very well ruin everything like it did in mafia milkyway. i said you can feel free to be suspicious of me for voting lombo as well since i endorsed his lynch. i'm just aware that i'm Town and think at least one of mafia most likely nudged a lombo lynch since that was the general consensus.

oh and enlighten me; what posts did i "skew" and what pieces of facts have I ignored?
that second quote in post #664 was mainly what i was getting at but apparently you misread it. you also keep saying that it was wrong of me to handle the roleclaim the way i did yet you haven't actually explained how my reasoning for being against it was unjustified. i also still don't understand how pushing the nameclaim as hard as i did helps mafia that much either. earlier you said i could be doing it as a bold play but even that doesn't clear me. i didn't plan that back and forth with ronike which is what you'd have to think in order to accuse me of being mafia

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
The main things I meant by that were the quote about the townie being a sitting duck, and the fact that you left out things that make some of the moves you mentioned as scummy harder for a maf to pull off(claiming first, the fact that Rockin would have still been relatively easy to lynch yesterday, which would have helped Marshy if he was maf, the fact that Marshy wanted to lynch lombo since his claim, etc.) There are some things I can see where you're coming from, but those in particular seemed like leaving things that could point at townie out and portraying them in a scummy light.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
I cant honestly think of any other scummy person Marshy so I will leave my vote on you. Unless something HUGE happens on the remaining hours

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
grrr. My internet lied and said I posted this earlier. Unfortunately, I guess it did not.

I was orginally suspicious of Macman, but that was terribly founded, and he has since adequately defended himself against previous attacks and suspicions. I am content with his arguments. That doesn't really let him off the hook, but I can't find anything suspicious. I agree with most of claims, especially against marsh. I can seee totally where he is coming from. Marsh has succeeded in leading the town for the first day or so, and now I personally am wondering if you are to be trusted. You had me for the first two days, but now I am slowly becoming more suspicious. It would have been a stroke of genius for ronike to disagreed with you, leaving you to be the town hero and thus, someone we can trust.

I'm undecided about you currently.

I feel that karthik_king is kind of being a "me too" player. He is very quick to vote after someone else has made the initial vote. I don't think he's mafia but I feel that he's a relatively dangerous townie, being that he doesn't seem to think a lot of things through. That's just my observations of him at least. I don't feel he adds to much. Not neccessarily a bad thing, but just something I feel I've noticed.

Mentos is rather surprising to me, because I feel he wasn't making that many great posts in the beginning, but has since stepped up and really made some headway, or at the very least stirring up conversation. (I know, I know, something that I totally have dropped the ball on.)

Numbers is rightfully suspicious of me, and I guess right now the only reason I'm suspicious of him would be the ol' "spam master's gut." There's no reason I SHOULD be, I just am.

Niiro has a similar vibe to Karthik king in my opinion, but I haven't studied him as much as the other guys. So, I can't really say one way or the other.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Marshy, my major problem with you is how you are trying to force actions on the town. You seem to want to disregard majority and just want to have it your way. tbh, what you said about the role claim makes sense, but the way you presented, instead of asking whether people agree you, you're just like "no noone roleclaim." What if someone decided to act the way you were proposing day 1, and go ahead and role claim anyways?

What I am most suspicious of is the whole you removing your vote a few hrs before deadline and than casting suspicion on those who voted lombo. That seemed pre-planned.

Also, why is everyone saying that mafia can talk during the day? I was under the impression that they were only allowed to talk at night. Pythag said it day 2 which made me suspicious of him. And than mentos is saying it now. Pythag's ridiculous accusation of me d2 also leaves me weary of him.

Also i agree with pythag, KK seems like a "me too" kind of guy. And niiro doesn't really bring anything to the table. He just seems to be someone who talks alot but doesn't say anything of substance.

I'll try to be on some time tomorrow, but I am going to be at a tournament.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
your whole thing is how you don't like my attitude. why do you think i avoided answering the question in my posts throughout the Y/N? i was against the roleclaim from the start but didn't want that let known publicly to reaffirm my thoughts on it.

"what if someone decided to act the way you were proposing day 1, and go ahead and role claim anyways?"

if you meant just role claim toDay i'd most likely leave them in the dust and vote them immediately. i never proposed "don't give a sh it about the other players and do your own thing" if that's what you're getting at. i tried to sway people towards the nameclaim but there's no room for argument with the roleclaim at this point. i still don't think we should do it for the whole game.

mafia can almost always talk during Day. that's been consistent throughout swf games.

pythag? you say you see where macman's coming from even though i've responded to him? karthik too?

:urg:

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marsh, I simply meant that in the sense that I'm simply more cautious of you today than I have other days. I understand macman in the sense that I'm getting more suspicious as well.

His attacks on you have been really stretching it for me.

and, so that everyone is on the same page

MAFIA CANNOT TALK TO EACH OTHER PRIVATELY DURING THE DAY. THAT WAS AN ASSUMPTION I WAS MAKING THAT WAS 100% WRONG.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Votes Thus Far - D3

Marshy (2) - Macman, karthik_king
Pythag (2) - Niiro, 1048576
Macman (1) - Marshy

Less than 24 hours left...

Smash Master
So, Yaya only has 22 posts and not one of them has been more than four lines long. I searched through the thread.

He also nameclaimed a bird, if I recall correctly.

I'm leaning toward voting him for inactivity.

What does everyone think about that?

Smash Master
for a d1 nameclaim from the start :)

Marshy- been pushing the entire time
Niiro- urges us to do it quickly to give mafia less time
1048578- he's been arguing for it
Lombo- said there's no harm done
karthik- said that he thinks most players will have well-known dinosaurs making it difficult for mafia to fake claim i think

goes with the flow/opinion has changed :ohwell:

Macman- has been suspicious of me and is personally against it because he thinks it takes skill out of the game but will do it with majority. i think it's a weak argument
Mentos- was originally against it but says he's starting to come around
pythag- same as mentos

against :mad:

KevinM- is supposedly skeptical because it could lead to a pattern but i've said why i think that's not enough
Ronike- like macman he seems to be suspicious of me and says i'm acting differently
yaya- against because of lasting wifom. think this is one of the weaker arguments and it's bulletproof
smashbot- said nameclaim helps mafia, then retracted and said mafia could always fake roles. that's true but he doesn't explain how it'd necessarily hurt us
rockin- says i'm pushing it way too hard and that i'm acting weird. doesn't explain what's wrong with pro-nameclaim reasoning

if i made a mistake show me
Everyone else who was against the nameclaim has been killed, with mixed (mostly negative) results. Does anyone have any opinions on this?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
for a yaya lynch i'd consider it but wish he would just post more. i'd way rather it be macman at this point and don't understand why he still has his vote on me but expect a "i like having my vote on someone". don't get why karthik is keeping it on either

i can't take macman's attack seriously. it's just not liking me trying to force things even though i've explained why. i'm still waiting on pythag, mentos, yaya, and/or niiro to let us know who they're learning towards voting. i'd be lynched with the current vote count and we should make a decision

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree that it doesn't make sense for KK to have his vote on Marshy. As to answer your question Marshy, I'm leaning toward a Macman lynch right now. I didn't suspect him much until I looked harder into his argument of you being scum and realized it was not well founded in a lot of spots. I think it may be our best bet given what we've had today(still not entirely sure Marshy's a bad idea, as I still think one of our cops must have been insane/naive/paranoid), but based on today I'm definitely leaning toward Mac. I'll put my vote on in a little bit after some more conversation.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I re read mac man's argument, and I don't like it. You seem to base a lot on stuff that doesn't matter!
Marsh's attack's on people that voted for lombo?
Didn't lombo turn out to be a vig?
Marsh was looking for bandwagon's forming, and thought he saw one.

Marsh I'd actually be interested in hearing more about your role though, because I feel like this is turning into Joseph McCarthy era tactics. The name claim is over yet you have nothing to say on your role anymore.

Numbers, You were for the nameclaim, so what are you trying to say?
I don't think we can gain info from that list because of the mixed results.

Although, I think that the top part is a good list of suspects, personally

Marshy
Niiro
Numbers
Karthik

I would say my vote is going on either Numbers, Niiro or Macman.
Hard to tell right now.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, and I better make sure to role claim before you guys lynch me, because I believe the votes are tied, but I was the first to have two. I don't have a role that you should lynch me for.
I'll post later tonight.

Top Bottom