• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I just read through the 40+ posts that occurred while I was taking my nap and alot of stuff happened all at once.

Firstly I wanna say, that since Marshy actually had something worthwhile come out of the claim he seems less suspicious to me. I still have my issues with certain things, however they are nowhere near enough to warrant my still voting for him, especially since he to came through with some sort of a plan for town.

unvote: Marshy

Now, this time period thing certainly seems pretty solidifying. And makes lombo incredibly suspicious. He also hasn't really given a satisfactory defense. so vote: Lombo That should leaves you at -1. This should give you some more incentive to put up a more legitimate defense.

On another note, I think that we should all reread the posts following the name claim. There was alot of activity and alot of conflict which I believe will be important to look at further down the line.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
are you mafia lombo? who do you think is most suspicious? most trustworthy? assuming you have thoughts on these since it's so early anyway.

if you're gonna flip Town might as well leave us with some words of wisdom. also don't think you should roleclaim

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
You leave me no choice but to roleclaim, really. It's important that you know:

I am the mighty Apatosaurus. My immense size allows me to survive one lynch or night kill, and then I become vanilla. Basically a bullet-proof townie, but better.

If you want to lynch me and see this for yourselves, then do so, but it is a waste of a lynch.

I have to go catch the bus right now, but I will tell you who's suspicious when I gt home.

Smash Master
That doesn't make any sense. I thought we 'lynched' dinos by sending them off the island, into the water. What are you, several miles tall? :laugh:

If you aren't lying, it's nice that at least we get a free mislynch. Right now you are by far the least risky person to banish, IMO.

Smash Master
Well, they likely won't do that now unless they think you're bluffing. However, they will probably think you're bluffing just as much as we do. If we banish, they would have attempted to nightkill you, and if we do not banish, then they will not nightkill. I really don't think there's a way you're going to convince us that you're telling the truth while simultaneously convincing scum (if you aren't one) that you're lying, which is the only way we benefit from your (supposed) role without banishing you.

Banishing you really seems like win - small loss at this point. I don't think we can enjoy that luxury with anybody else right now.

Do you have suspicions about anybody else besides Pythag and mentosman?

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
No, you are correct. I'd rather you believe me and have minimal lynch consequences than waste time trying to pick one of the many other suspicious players.

Other than Pythag, Mentos, and Macman (Sorry niiro I originally mixed you and mac up), I find Rockin suspicious. He resisted the name claim as long as possible to the point where fake claiming would be easy and not claiming would be suspicious. He never gave much of a reason for his opposition, either.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Votes Thus Far

Mr.Lombardi34 (6): 1048576, mentosman8, KevinM, Ronike, Pythag, Macman
Ronike (1): karthik_king
mentosman8 (1): Mr.Lombardi34

Niiro

Smash Ace
Other than Pythag, Mentos, and Macman (Sorry niiro I originally mixed you and mac up), I find Rockin suspicious. He resisted the name claim as long as possible to the point where fake claiming would be easy and not claiming would be suspicious. He never gave much of a reason for his opposition, either.
I don't think you mean Rockin. It was his evil twin brother.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Really Lombo? I gave NO reason at all?

Anyways, Marshy I still don't trust you for reasons I've previously stated, and I'm not sure where you are going with this, so no matter how scummy it makes me look, I'm not going to nameclaim. I think its scummy that you tried to force us into nameclaiming, so feel free to think its scummy that I'm not going to succumb to pressure, but I think you have some weird reason to want us all to nameclaim. Plus you keep bringing up that Rockin has more info than the rest of us, when you really shouldn't be trying to use that info at all. It seems to be a desperate push to get him to claim as well.
Be that as it may, Marshy's way to suggest this and push it has always been saying "I'm doing this like it or not, you might as well do it with me", plus some convincing arguments, I consent. However, these arguments still don't change the fact that he's pushing this way too hard. I think he has something to gain FOR HIMSELF, not for the town, by getting everyone to claim, so I refuse to claim.
Marshy said:
Stuff about how I have always said I was gonna force a role claim
Which is why I don't like it, and thus refuse to go along with it.

Marshy said:
Something about others are watching him
The thing is, I'm refusing to claim because I think you have an ulterior motive to make us do so, and therefore by claiming, I think I would be helping you fulfill this, which I think could be disasterous to the town. I don't care if others are watching you.

Marshy said:
Something about just claim already so I can state my reason. I promise its good
Say it as much as you want, I don't trust you.
Yeah... NOoOoooOOooO Reasons at all...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Also, karthik_king if you do not PM me in the next 24 hours expressing an interest to actually play this game, you will be replaced.

Some of the rest of you have lower activity levels, but karthik just hasn't been here.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
what i don't understand is why lombo would fake claim 1-lynch/nk Townie. that's verifiable as opposed to something like "i'm cop" which we can't test and can also be seen as trying to get the real cop to counterclaim before he'd die as mafia. i'm hesitant to lynch Lombo now because he may be 1-lynch/nk proof for a reason and we could save it for later. if at any point during the game we're all stumped we have something to fall back on in lombo. also if he's telling the truth this'd essentially be a no-lynch which i hate. this just seems like such a dumb thing to lie about because even if you escaped a lynch you'd be putting yourself at their mercy the entire game.

then there's that his lynch built up really quick and we still have no idea what some players think of the now finished nameclaim and lombo's role claim.

that's at least what's keeping me from hammering him right now.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, in terms of Lombo, that is quite strange that he claimed one from the jurassic period, compared to most of the others. So right now, he sticks out like a sore thumb. Now, the fact that he says he's a bulletproof is also bs. If he was, he wouldn't be so concerned about being lynched/NKed even if it was early in the game. I'm guessing he's saying it cause it's a good anti-lynch method to avoid being killed.

Niiro

Smash Ace
you sure like pointing fingers lol.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I said ROCKIN. Rockin was nearly last and did not hold his anti-name claim ground. I find that suspicious.

Well, in terms of Lombo, that is quite strange that he claimed one from the jurassic period, compared to most of the others. So right now, he sticks out like a sore thumb. Now, the fact that he says he's a bulletproof is also bs. If he was, he wouldn't be so concerned about being lynched/NKed even if it was early in the game. I'm guessing he's saying it cause it's a good anti-lynch method to avoid being killed.
Since when am I "So concerned about being Lynched/NKed?" You are making something out of nothing. Obviously if I'm lynch proof I wouldn't WANT to be lynched, but I haven't made any kind of huge defense. Consider the benefits of having a bulletproof townie. I'd rather keep those, but if it takes a lynch to prove my alignment, so be it. I am growing more and more suspicious of you by the moment. You seem to be trying to off me a bit too quickly.

you sure like pointing fingers lol.
This is also suspicious. Again making worthless posts that only make you look more active.

Niiro

Smash Ace
This is exactly what I mean. You are just trying to get the attention away from yourself.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
agggh, this hurts my head to read. I don't feel like this is adding ANYTHING to the argument except spreading it around that his argument is false (which we don't know either way). He HASN'T been way too concerned about being lynched.
This post coupled with the incriminating facts against you, make you much more suspicious than you used to be to me.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
The reason why I was against it because I didn't like it being on day 1. Marshy was really presistant with it, and so after much wait, I surrended. I went along with the name claim.

Also Lombardi, keep in mind people get us mixed up alot because of our similar names (this is before Ronike changed his avatar.)

Not really sure what could really be said that has already been spoken of except that there's 4 name claims that came from both the Jurassic period -carn. period out of all else that came from the early/late period.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Also, take a look at this.

I'm a pecky confused as any other on why he's doing this, but I know that I'm a dino.
I was trying to be more discreet about the name claiming by trying to describe my dino. If you look at it carefully, and match it with my picture, it kinda shows itself.

I'm a pecky confused dino.
Pecky = a bird of some type

confused = the hint/close name of my dino.

dino = It was refering to a dino subject.

Confuciusornis.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Vote: Rockin

All that the above shows is that you got clever with the nameclaim. I'm not suspicious of you because of your claim, I'm suspicious because of your actions. I don't know what's going to happen in the 2 days we have left, but to me, Rockin is the most worthy of a lynch.

Smash Master
Well, you must understand that we sort of have to lynch you since your dino is Jurassic and you made a couple of really suspicious statements. If we don't lynch you, mafia will point fingers at you for the rest of the game.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Votes Thus Far

Mr.Lombardi34 (6): 1048576, mentosman8, KevinM, Ronike, Pythag, Macman
Ronike (1): karthik_king
Rockin (1): Mr.Lombardi34

Feel free to continue to twiddle your thumbs with the time you have left. :)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
karthik PMed me about the game, so I asked him to at least make a post in this topic to show he was actually playing. He has yet to do so, and is close to being replaced.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
what i don't understand is why lombo would fake claim 1-lynch/nk Townie. that's verifiable as opposed to something like "i'm cop" which we can't test and can also be seen as trying to get the real cop to counterclaim before he'd die as mafia. i'm hesitant to lynch Lombo now because he may be 1-lynch/nk proof for a reason and we could save it for later. if at any point during the game we're all stumped we have something to fall back on in lombo. also if he's telling the truth this'd essentially be a no-lynch which i hate. this just seems like such a dumb thing to lie about because even if you escaped a lynch you'd be putting yourself at their mercy the entire game.

then there's that his lynch built up really quick and we still have no idea what some players think of the now finished nameclaim and lombo's role claim.
still stand by this so might as well vote one of the players i'm suspicious enough to not mind being lynched while i'm at it.

vote yaya

i really don't want to risk an essential no lynch today when we can just verify lombo's claim through a lynch anytime we want. even if you think he's lying not lynching him now doesn't mean we're duped at all. it's just being more assured that we'll get some kind of info from toDay's events immediately.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
and kk that's not a problem. if people don't post agreeing or disagreeing with what others have said then we have no idea where they stand. do you think we should risk a no-lynch toDay for lombo? think it's strange that some players haven't said much anything since the nameclaim finished? worried that lombo's lynch built too quick?

yadda yadda yadda question goes out to everybody since we're wasting time

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marshy, any specific reason for yaya? Really at this point I'm keeping my vote on Lombo due to it being so close to the deadline and not having any other major suspects(besides Rockin, but I'm not sure he wasn't just being stubborn). I need to go back and re-read some of what's happened, but I would also like to hear what in particular has made you suspicious of yaya.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
I have not seen smashbot here in ages he is also a jurassic period dino. I want him to at least make a post here.

Unvote VOTE smashbot226

Top Bottom