• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Din's and Love Jump Oos

Villi

Smash Lord
There are some fsmashes that are difficult to punish after they hit your shield because they push you so far away. Ike and Zelda's fsmashes for example.

I've been thinking that against attacks such as these, Din's out of shield might be useful as it extends your range a little. It's slightly more than fsmash if you just let go. I just dunno if it's fast enough to be shielded/punished.

If you jump out of your shield and do a Din's real quick, you should glide forward maybe a step at most. I don't think that's avoidable unless you b-stick.

Anyways, I haven't been able to test this out against many people so I don't know how well it works. I'll be trying it out to see if it's worth it. Does anyone have any opinions on whether or not this seems like a good idea?

Edit: Din's out of shield is pretty useless. What a silly thread I made.

Something interesting you might not know about is that you can love jump out of shield. If you jump out of your shield and neutral b while you're still in shield push-back momentum, you'll gain a pretty big distance from your first jump and end up high in the air. You can control the direction you can go by inputting a direction after you neutral b or by b reversing.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
you tried this against me. it might be nice if I wasn't expecting it, but most of the time I could dash attack right into you while you were prone

I'll say this might have potential in special cases, but most of the time it's just too dangerous.

Villi

Smash Lord
I kept on messing up. >.> I don't think I did it right once. Either I would fail to block your fsmash or I would accidentally roll instead of doing an over b. Needs practice :-/

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Well, at low/med percentages, this would be a good way to prop up an opponent for a running Usmash or f-air. If it works, that is.

I guess the only other option you have is a running grab or dash attack.

Villi

Smash Lord
Well, at low/med percentages, this would be a good way to prop up an opponent for a running Usmash or f-air. If it works, that is.

I guess the only other option you have is a running grab or dash attack.
What I'm hoping is that this is faster than those two options. I just keep screwing it up and can't play for a little while now. If it's not faster, then it's equally punishable to a dash attack. You'll probably end up getting attacked out of a shield yourself or suffer Ike's jab combo.

What I'm thinking though is that it saves you from the frames of the shield drop animation and possibly counteracts some of the backward momentum a strong attack hitting your shield would cause as you can react pretty much immediately after shield stun.

Villi

Smash Lord
Ok, Din's is slow as ****. If after an fsmash Zelda can do another fsmash before getting hit by an immediately detonated Din's, anybody could just shield it. Makes me sad.

More interestingly, it is possible to jump out of your shield while still in the momentum of shield push-back from a powerful enough move. This means that if you jump out of your shield during this period, you can love jump out of shield. I'm not seeing any practical application for this though.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
More interestingly, it is possible to jump out of your shield while still in the momentum of shield push-back from a powerful enough move. This means that if you jump out of your shield during this period, you can love jump out of shield. I'm not seeing any practical application for this though.
Mind games? It might catch the enemy by surprise, and I'd expect somewhat of a 'wtf' reaction from my opponents.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I knew Love Jump worked Oos. I happened to me once & my mouth dropped w/ shock.
Mind games? It might catch the enemy by surprise, and I'd expect somewhat of a 'wtf' reaction from my opponents.
If this happens that will be great, because if their not focused, they will lose their train of thought to give Zelda an upper hand in the match. :laugh: Better start practicing this.

Top Bottom