• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dirtiest Player in the Game - Wario Social Thread

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
So I'm the only Wario main in all of New England.

OBM quit for B+ and Koolaid sort of alts him. I'm feeling kind of lonely.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
So I lost my passion for Wario...

What do I do?
watch oli-waft's combo video.
too lazy to link.
a little late but i'll introduce myself

hi i'm asadelta
from hawaii
decided to pick up wario after all the **** from phantomx back in hawaii :(

hope to get better here!

and i'll most likely be going to tourney play
wut? you are traveling from hawiaii to washington for this tournament?
wow.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Asadelta, you're dropping PT?!

Curse you, PX! You turned one of my boys to your side!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
What can I say, I do sexy things.

If people ever lose their passion for Wario it just means they aren't being crazy/epic enough. That's what I believe, at least :p

If all else fails... Medakniiiiiiii.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Just for that...I'm going to name one of the Pokemon I raise for you the lamest name imaginable.

EDIT--And if you say "Zigsta," I will never forgive you.

Asa

Smash Hero
wut? you are traveling from hawiaii to washington for this tournament?
wow.
oh no no. I go to school in vancouver, but my family is back in hawaii. I go back over the summer

Asadelta, you're dropping PT?!
I'm gonna focus a lot on wario for a while
Don't worry, I still have a soft spot for PT, I still play him :)

Padô

Smash Lord
BMX said:
So I lost my passion for Wario...

What do I do?
Just play any Wario game (Except for the GC one).

I just got 100% on Wario Land Shake it!
Beautiful OST, landscape, stages, bosses and it's so funny you should try it.

OR

Search for a sexy Wario Hentai with Bulma or Daisy and you should be fine again.

If it doens't work you are gay. Pick MK if you want to win tournaments or Martha If you wanna procede with your gayness.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
so i think im gonna make a video about me talking about how we can move wario up to the number one spot on the tier list.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
you spotdodge too much, snapple.
wait until i make my video.
you'll see.
i got plans. wicked plans.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
lol characters that should be ahead of wario

MK.
Snake
Marth.
D3
Diddy.

better characters. I dont like them at all. but they win more tourneys. I still think that no character should even be as the same tier as Mk and snake.
Marth and d3 are not better characters. Diddy could be ahead of Wario but not the other two.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Marth and d3 are not better characters. Diddy could be ahead of Wario but not the other two. Anyways don't let your shortcomings with Wario delude you into thinking he's a bad character.
lol not my short comings. d3 has a chaingrab on 3/4th the cast and can walk people off some stages. one of those characters being snake. And can grab release wario into a up smash.

marth, has an almost even match up with every chracter ahead of him on the tier list (with the exception of...diddy, i think) marth is so good. besides fiction who was the last wario to finish top three in a major tourney? no disrespect to any of you guys.

but masky is one of the best warios ive seen. and he got what, 13th at winter fest?

plus fiction, the mother ****ing king of warios. dropped wario for IC's which should be higher on the tier list than they are.

when wario wins as many tournies as snake/mk let me know, then he can be number three.

dont let the fact that you dropped marth for wario delude you into thinking hes better.

Hell, jigglypuff can grab release > rest wario. JIGGLYPUFF!

zCasanova

Smash Lord

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wario doesn't place super high at big tournaments b/c almost no one represents him or do so much less often compared to others, that doesn't make him a worse character, lol. I mean, if you have to pick between a harder character to use well, such as this, or one that can make it very far while doing less (such as D3), people are more likely to pick the latter.

Also, I think Marths like to overrate their matchups, just like most boards do. Just a personal opinion, of course. Even then, having your worst matchup be the most played character in tournament AND the best character in the game pretty much disqualifies your character from being in the upper tier

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Wario doesn't place super high at big tournaments b/c almost no one represents him or do so much less often compared to others, that doesn't make him a worse character, lol. I mean, if you have to pick between a harder character to use well, such as this, or one that can make it very far while doing less (such as D3), people are more likely to pick the latter.

Also, I think Marths like to overrate their matchups, just like most boards do. Just a personal opinion, of course. Even then, having your worst matchup be the most played character in tournament AND the best character in the game pretty much disqualifies your character from being in the upper tier
Wario May be a better character but like you said some people like to take easy way out.

besides tier list are supposed to be based on tournament results, are they not?

all im saying is, wario shouldnt be number three because he has an (almost) even matchup with Mk. snake and marth both have that going for them as well.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Wario May be a better character but like you said some people like to take easy way out.

besides tier list are supposed to be based on tournament results, are they not?

all im saying is, wario shouldnt be number three because he has an (almost) even matchup with Mk. snake and marth both have that going for them as well.
Marth doesn't have an almost even anything with Snake or MK. Both of those match ups are pretty **** close to **** any Marth main says other wise A doesn't know the match up or B is over hyping thier match ups just as PX has said.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The tier list is only slightly affected by tournament results because tournament results depend a lot on popularity. The MAIN defining factor to a properly constructed tier list is how good the character is and how he can do against the rest of the cast. Popularity affects tier lists more than placings, because the more prevalent a given character is, the more influential it is, and thus, the more it can affect how well/poor another character can do.

Also, Wario places high in the southwest a lot. You're right though, he shouldn't be third, he should probably be 4th, with Falco/ICs/D3 close behind.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
If were talking about wario at the peak of his metagame (fiction)

vs Mk at his (m2k) and snake at his (ally)

than yeah they go pretty even.

but lets be honest its so much easier to be good with snake or mk than with wario.

BMX

Smash Lord
Not too easy, but it's close.

I mean, if you played Snake and MK vs a good Wario, it's buttrape.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
ANYWAY BACK TO SOCIAL TALK AND NOT MATCHUP/REAL TALK:

I found this funny..

Quoted from AIB:

Shar******If is odd how society sees things. Lets say if a guy sleeps with all these girls, “hes the man!” or a stud. But if a girl does, she’s a total **** or *****. Is society sexist?

Brandon******: well think about it this way. If a key can open a bunch of locks, its viewed as a master key, and is awesome to have. But if a lock is opened by a lot of different keys, well that’s a pretty ****ty lock of you ask me.

in school they teach me to do a bibliography so i guess i should do that in real life too right?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol not my short comings. d3 has a chaingrab on 3/4th the cast and can walk people off some stages. one of those characters being snake. And can grab release wario into a up smash.

marth, has an almost even match up with every chracter ahead of him on the tier list (with the exception of...diddy, i think) marth is so good. besides fiction who was the last wario to finish top three in a major tourney? no disrespect to any of you guys.

but masky is one of the best warios ive seen. and he got what, 13th at winter fest?

plus fiction, the mother ****ing king of warios. dropped wario for IC's which should be higher on the tier list than they are.

when wario wins as many tournies as snake/mk let me know, then he can be number three.
dont let the fact that you dropped marth for wario delude you into thinking hes better.

Hell, jigglypuff can grab release > rest wario. JIGGLYPUFF!

-______- wut? mk and snake are number 1 and 2... so that means they win more tournies than wario. placing wario at number 3... wut? when he wins more tournies than mk and snake then he will be number 1... wut?
also
not to sound harsh but... get better at the game before you think you know anything. youre playing isnt exactly at competitive level.
also
wario always has options.
also
im pretty sure you dont know more than the people who made the tier list.
also
GOOD LUCK GRABBING A GOOD WARIO TO PERFORM THOSE GRAB RELEASES! ok? if youre good... you play smart to avoid that kind of stuff...
also
i can see how these are a problem for your wario because you spotdodge and suck. oh my bad im not suppose to flame anyone anymore. :(

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
All you did was reapeat the point i was trying to make in the first place...

besides everything is circumstance in brawl. D3 grabs you one time on a flat stage its practically stock, you realize you trip randomly in this game, right? k, just making sure.

i was trying to be sarcastic. but clearly everything ive been saying has been lost to you some how. no need to be a douche here bro.

Basing everything ive said off the fact that i spotdodge too much =LOL

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
LOL, you obviously fit into category A.
Na man apparently FH changes the match up from 4-6 Snake to even....yeah okay marth get's wrecked by snake and MK.

All you did was reapeat the point i was trying to make in the first place...

besides everything is circumstance in brawl. D3 grabs you one time on a flat stage its practically stock, you realize you trip randomly in this game, right? k, just making sure.

i was trying to be sarcastic. but clearly everything ive been saying has been lost to you some how. no need to be a douche here bro.

Basing everything ive said off the fact that i spotdodge too much =LOL
Getting grabbed by d3 doesn't equal a stock. IC who actually have a zero > death doesn't have their CG = death every time. Does that mean you run around and continue to get grabbed by IC hell no. But to say that d3 grab you is a stock is an over exaggeration.

I really want to see what a "waft style" infraction looks like

everyone keep arguing, we must come to a consensus marth sucks
A waft style infraction might get me perma'd =/.

Marth does suck TBH.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
When i said = stock i didnt mean it always lead to death (though cg > grab release up smash kills like, 135 which is low for wario) But the 50-60 percent you may take is a big deal.

Top Bottom