• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dirtiest Player in the Game - Wario Social Thread

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
yo, i became a huge fan of the japanese wario abadango not too long ago and im convinced hes top three in the world. is that pretty much the the clear consensis between you guys or am i giving him way too much credit.

xzx

Smash Lord
If someone could post some videos of the double japanese Wario I would appreciate it a lot! I wanna see how they took down a double MK team with double Wario! =P

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Can any of y'all give me tips for Lucas? I'm probably gonna end up playing vs Mekos in an NC tourney saturday =C

xzx

Smash Lord
Grab-release Lucas to F-smash. Lol but just watch out for his up-air and up-tilt. Go for punishing him a lot.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
its actually fairly hard to straight up punish whatever lucas does

edit: by the way with regards to olimar: tires actually do work once you have a stock lead and they work fairly well on FD, too lazy atm to explain why

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
The only thing I really know about Lucas is DI up to avoid dair gimmicks, GR to f-smash, and what Lord Chair said about Lucas being a pain in the *** to punish. If anyone has any other tips or tricks that would help with approaching, zoning, punishing, etc. it would be greatly appreciated. ^^;

Happy face @ LC saying tires are actually decent vs Olimar. c:

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Thing is, once they clash with a non-purple they become a decent wall and throwing them upwards is actually a decent tool. Once you have a stock lead there's a certain point when it no longer matters how many pukmonz are thrown at you and the tires actually serve a purpose especially considering the fact that at this point there's really no risk in taking out the bike.

With regards to FD: the lack of platforms on this stage helps Wario greatly. The size of it gives Olimar the ability to just run below Wario whenever he spots a double jump or full hop. That's the interesting thing about this stage in this matchup: dair becomes a whole lot more viable in terms of an approach tool but at the same time Olimar gets more room to actually counter it entirely. If you commit to height Olimar has lots of options with which to reset the situation.

That's where tires come in. Tires clashing with pikmin become bouncing, making it fairly easy to get them bouncing in this matchup. A bouncing tire prevents Olimar from dashing underneath you and can play a role in creating situations in which Olimar gets forced to confront Wario's vertical approaches without having hard, direct counters.

On Smashville/Battlefield this doesn't work as well because the entire zoning aspect of the matchup becomes different as the stage size decreases and more platforms exist. Also, tires become fairly useless as Olimar gets more purples since they just eat tires.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I'm switching almost entirely to wario in tournament now, my DK is just getting bodied by too many falcos. and DDDs but my wario isn't doing much better.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Scotty quit recently. I got 4th at the last NCSU going almost all wario, only went down to Stingers because he knows me too well for me to beat him anymore -_- I know how to play the wario game, but I'm still bad at waft setups, and at some of the split second tech. like certain ways of getting the bike away or out. I can do glide toss tires to fsmash though that **** is amazing.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
The only waft set ups that really work are fair->waft and tire->waft. Hitting with waft outside of that is basically just reads and knowing what moves are laggy enough for you to punish with it.

Good ways to get the bike out are usually on high up or moving plats (SV's plat, top plat of Delfino, etc.). Breaking the bike or getting it offstage is all about finding the right opportunity to do it. I usually break my bike with u-tilt/nair since it's the easiest way that commits the least without staling something important. Getting the bike offstage is just a matter of getting close enough to chopper hop.

TBH I still have trouble doing full GT->f-smash, good job if you can do that consistently lol.

I'll try to help you with dealing with Stingers if I go to an NC tourney soon, he's a really hard rob <.<

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I've given up on Stingers I never beat him now unless he just plays random. he knows me so well that nothing I can do ever phases him or his gameplay. the only way to beat him is to play a solid game that he knows but still can't do anything about, and it ends up being extremely boring and not fun when I do that.
I know about the "guaranteed" stuff but the character specific punishes are what I need help with. the punishable stuff and timing for knowing if I'm going to fall with dair or get a waft.

xzx

Smash Lord
"As expected for a heavy character, Wario's KO moves are brutal, with his forward smash KO'ing in the 70%s..." (-- from SmashWiki)

Seriously, who have written this bull****??

| Big D |

Smash Master
Thanks, I made my own a few days a go because of how genius it was.

There's a loop and I left it on while we went out for Pizza. Anyhoo I start eating and the people around the TV turn it off.

Top Bottom