• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disc Read errors

Unseen_Killa

Smash Apprentice
This might be associated with hacking, but I could be wrong. When I load stages, most of the time I get an error that says "The Game Disc could not be read. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information."

Now I've heard people say stuff about how it could be the lens, but I thought if it was the lens it wouldn't detect Brawl at all.

Also, my Brawl has some semi-circle scratches on it, which defilently look Wii made because they are too perfect but I don't know the intensity of them.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I am afraid that my Wii is on the same course. It takes forever to load stages. It will fail one of these days.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I'm very sorry, but your Wii is having trouble reading the parts of the disk farthest from the center.

There is a simple way to fix this. All you have to do is eject Brawl, and replace it with the smaller, Melee disk.

Because Gamecube disks are very small, your Wii will have no trouble reading the outside sections of the disk.

Have fun playing Melee :).

^Insert sarcasm here^

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm very sorry, but your Wii is having trouble reading the parts of the disk farthest from the center.

There is a simple way to fix this. All you have to do is eject Brawl, and replace it with the smaller, Melee disk.

Because Gamecube disks are very small, your Wii will have no trouble reading the outside sections of the disk.

Have fun playing Melee :).

^Insert sarcasm here^
Curiously, my Wii, before it broke down completely, could read Gamecube disks and not Wii disks.

I got back into Melee because my Wii died. lol

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
As much as I hate the generic "play Melee" posts, that post made me lol.

Melee has a smaller hitbox then brawl.

You could always wait and get that new black Wii they're making! =)

BG3

Smash Journeyman
I heard Nintendo will fix your wii for free if Brawl is the cause of it breaking. My whole wii broke because of brawl, LMAO.

Supreme65

Smash Apprentice
My friend Plays brawl like crazy and his didn't break. I think it's because of all of the pausing. In melee it was able to handle it. In brawl it can't. My cousin told me "bigger disk equals more problems." I'm wondering if his statement is true:)

Top Bottom