• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DISCONTINUED: *Old* Brawl Custom Music Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wander

Smash Journeyman

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
I decided to keep them there to highlight what the music is like, since they have preview links, since Emiya is somewhat obscure.
Well, by that logic you should list all the songs since there's youtube previews for just about every Fate/stay night song :p Also there's a youtube playlist with the game soundtrack here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=746EB55527A6A284 (the titles were translated differently from the game's english patch though, which is the translation I use)

And how do you know the rest of the songs are like that, are you implying you know something? :p

...also, ironically Emiya is probably the most known song from Fate/stay night XD

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
For Memories of Green, there's really nothing I can do. The entire song looks the same on Audacity, it's hard to pick out a solid ending point, and it's not even that great of a song to fight to to begin with. I'd rather just leave it alone, if that's alright with you guys.
Sure you can! What I do, is when I find a looping point in the middle of a song, then I go back and select from the beginning of the song to where it should begin looping. Then, I past that right around where I want the song to end and start looping. Then, I roughly align the songs. You can do this aurally, just move the pasted part of the song around until you hear that both tracks are playing almost identically. Then zoom in, look for peaks in the waveform, and keep aligning them better and better.

Eventually, there is a "golden spot" of alignment, where when you playback the song, it will sound like it's in mono and not stereo due to the interference of the two identical waveforms. Once the songs are perfectly aligned, it's just a matter of ending the song in an area where you can loop it back to a starting point that is a multiple of 14336.

Now, you will occasionally have unresolvable clicking issues where there is a loud "click" noise at the loop point. I had this problem with that "Memories of Green" song. What you have to do here, is instead of just cropping the song at a certain point and looping it back to a multiple of 14436, you have to crossfade. Instead of cropping the song at the end and looping to a previous portion of a song, find that point where the loop starts, copy a portion, and paste it onto the end of your song. Then, you want to cross fade out the original track and cross fade in the pasted track; to do this, you'll have to select a little bit before the loop point, but make sure they're still aligned. Here is an example image:

Here is my Audacity project file of what I was able to do with Memories of Green. It's not perfect -- there's a little bit of a click at the looping point -- but it's pretty good, I think. You can combine the tracks by going to Tracks > Mix and Render... . The loop begins at sample 817152. The muted track is the portion I used to align the loop.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YXPJ381X

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see it worked.

Okami - Ida's Race By Wander - DEMO
Okami - Waka's Dance (Battle with Waka) By Wander - DEMO
Okami - Orochi Extermination II By Wander - DEMO
Okami - Battle with Ninetails By Wander - DEMO

Ida's Race actually includes the little drum beats at the very beginning. For anyone who doesn't know, the final boss music of Okami is already on the Tatsunoko vs Capcom OST. I think it's track 34, but that's why I didn't convert it myself.
Good work, Wander! Those are all great. Always glad to see more Okami love :)

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Dude masamunecyrus, you just described EXACTLY what I do for what I call my "Loop ver. Edit"s, except they DON'T have exact same waveforms later on to use for easy looping, causing me to do some editing (hence the name "Loop ver. Edit")

As for the "click" issue, I don't really have that problem. Here's a tip - when you split cut your waveforms, try to do it where the wave is as close to 0.0 as possible (even better if it's actually crossing or on it). That way you shouldn't have to crossfade when the waveforms are the same (when they're not, you still might have to just to make the looping sound good :p)

Here's an example Audacity project I made a few months ago (though not quite as high quality as my modern works):
http://www.mediafire.com/?4j1zj2j0nni

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Why thank you. I can't believe I forgot the Twin Owl Demons Battle, maybe I'll do that later.

Here, have some sticky ball-rolling in return:

We Love Katamari - Houston By Wander - DEMO
We Love Katamari - Katamari on the Swing By Wander - DEMO

They don't "loop" in the way most songs do, because in their original game they just played straight to the end, paused for a moment, then started over from the beginning. So...white star, maybe?

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
Dude masamunecyrus, you just described EXACTLY what I do for what I call my "Loop ver. Edit"s, except they DON'T have exact same waveforms later on to use for easy looping, causing me to do some editing (hence the name "Loop ver. Edit")

As for the "click" issue, I don't really have that problem. Here's a tip - when you split cut your waveforms, try to do it where the wave is as close to 0.0 as possible (even better if it's actually crossing or on it). That way you shouldn't have to crossfade when the waveforms are the same (when they're not, you still might have to just to make the looping sound good :p)

Here's an example Audacity project I made a few months ago (though not quite as high quality as my modern works):
http://www.mediafire.com/?4j1zj2j0nni
Hmm, yeah, you're right. It's so obvious to try to loop them close to zero, I can't believe I haven't been doing that.

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
Katamari is a strange series....
Katamari is a beautiful series. So is the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus series.

Shadow of the Colossus - Battle with the Colossus Compilation By masamunecyrus - DEMO
HTML:
[url="http://www.mediafire.com/?znmnj0zyhot"][color="DarkOrange"]Shadow of the Colossus[/color] - [color="Yellow"]Battle with the Colossus Compilation[/color][/url] By masamunecyrus - [url="http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22Shadow+of+the+Colossus+OST%22+%22Battle+with+the+Colossus%22"][color="Red"]DEMO[/color][/url]

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Mega Man 9 - Jewel Temptation By Wander
Mega Man 9 - Galaxy Fantasy By Wander
Mega Man 9 - Plug Electric By Wander
Mega Man 9 - Thunder Tornado By Wander
Mega Man 9 - Magma Burning By Wander
Mega Man 9 - Hornet Dance By Wander
Mega Man 9 - Splash Blue By Wander
Mega Man 9 - Concrete Jungle By Wander

I didn't do demo links for these because I'm lazy and there are too many of them, plain and simple. Again, not perfect loops, but I got them as close as I can. I hate Brawl's 14336 limit.

Me and My Katamari - Katamari on the Funk By Wander - DEMO

I deleted the entire "oooh" part at the end because it's boring and took up too much space - the actual song is over ten minutes and even the trimmed down version is over 10MB. Sorry for all these giant file sizes, I'm doing the best I can.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + - The Other Promise By Wander - DEMO
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + - Fate of the Unknown By Wander - DEMO
Final Fantasy versus XIII - Somnus By Wander - DEMO

Fate of the Unknown and Somnus don't have any looping points and never repeat themselves in the places we've heard them play, so I couldn't really do anything except remove the silence at the beginning and ends. With The Other Promise, I tried matching it up, but 14336 screwed me over again. It may sound perfect, it may not. I don't know.

Also, might I suggest BlueLaguna.net be added to the list of music sources? It has a lot of well-organized, named, and completed soundtracks up for instant download, and they're all stereo as far as I can tell. It's where I check first for songs I'm looking for.

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
Also, might I suggest BlueLaguna.net be added to the list of music sources? It has a lot of well-organized, named, and completed soundtracks up for instant download, and they're all stereo as far as I can tell. It's where I check first for songs I'm looking for.
It's pretty much all I use.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Fate of the Unknown and Somnus don't have any looping points and never repeat themselves in the places we've heard them play, so I couldn't really do anything except remove the silence at the beginning and ends. With The Other Promise, I tried matching it up, but 14336 screwed me over again. It may sound perfect, it may not. I don't know.
I've never had problems with the 14336 restriction. There's always a little bit of silence at the beginning, so doing some math you can take out a portion of that and make the loop perfect. In steps it would be:

---Find your beginning and ending loop points. Test it to make sure it loops well.

---Take note of the sample number of your starting loop point. For simplicity and as an example, let's say it's 50000.

---Find a multiple of 14336 that is just below that sample number. If it were 50000, this would be 43008 (14336 x 3).

---Subtract that multiple from your starting sample number. 50000 - 43008 = 6992.

---Delete your calculated number of samples from the beginning of the song. So delete the range of 0-6992 from the beginning.

---Your starting loop point can now be at 43008, which is a multiple of 14336.

Of course this only goes for songs that need to be looped in the middle of the song. If the loop is at the beginning, just use 0. But I'm sure everyone knows this already lol.

And sorry if any of that was confusing...tried my best to describe it.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this is a lot of music. I thought I was being original when I made mine, but most of them are already here... Well, here are the rest anyway. You don't have anything from Grandia 2.

Tales of Symphonia - Keen-edged Blade (Derris-Kharlan battle theme) By Plaid - DEMO

Diablo - Tristram By Plaid - DEMO

... Mediafire stopped working at this point, so I'll try again later maybe. The first one is flawlessly looped but the second one isn't at all. Also, I forgot to rename them. And one last thing: If the song has a point about halfway through where you can use that point and the endpoint to loop but the beginning is slightly different, is there something you can do about it? Was that even a clear question?

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I just tested Somnus and The Other Promise in Brawl, and they're both really quiet. Does anyone know how to increase the volume in Audacity or something? Haven't tried FotU yet.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
If the song has a point about halfway through where you can use that point and the endpoint to loop but the beginning is slightly different, is there something you can do about it? Was that even a clear question?
Yes, there's a way, at least from what I think you just said. The loop starting point doesn't have to be the beginning of the song - you can make it go back to any point in the track. Just make sure that point's sample value is divisable by 14336 (add or remove silence at the beginning to make this so)

It's also recommended to have the waveforms as close to 0.0 as possible at the loop end and loop start points. That way you shouldn't get a "click" sound.

Wow, I just tested Somnus and The Other Promise in Brawl, and they're both really quiet. Does anyone know how to increase the volume in Audacity or something? Haven't tried FotU yet.
In audacity: Effect -> Amplify...

Remember to try to avoid clipping as much as possible. To see where the waveforms clip in Audacity:
View -> Show Clipping

Wander

Smash Journeyman
If I wanted to make the song, say, three times louder, how would I change the settings in Amplify?

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
In all honesty I'm not really sure, since it doesn't use percents. But if it's as quiet as you make it out to be, you should be able to normalize it and have it sound good.

One thing I know is by using MP3Gain you can get an idea of the volume of your song. I know Brawl's songs are 91-95db, so try to aim for about 93db. If your song is in MP3 format anyway, you might as well use that for amplifying your song (or quieting it down). If your song's not MP3, it's still useful for finding out volume levels (you still have to convert your audio to mp3 to get the info, but that's minor).

Also, I highly recommend using the vgmstream winamp plugin for testing. It'll let you playback BSTRM files (and other game formats, like ADX and DSP) and will even loop the track so you can test looping.

Heck, vgmstream should be listed under the "Links worth noting" in the first post. Link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/vgmstream/

EDIT: Speaking of links, I think that http://vgmix.com and http://vgmusic.com should be listed under "Free Music Sources". Take note that all the songs on vgmusic are in MIDI, so make sure you have a good soundcard and/or a good soundfont! (it's makes quite a difference - like the difference between SNES and N64 (sometimes even GCN) synthesized music)

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
"Brawl Hardstyle Menu Theme" should be given a '' rating, it's not looped. I didn't loop it because the real main theme of Brawl doesn't loop either, but still.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Just ran a second test. Fate of the Unknown is a little quiet, but workable if you change the Music:Sound Effects ratio a little. I upped the volume on Somnus in Audacity and tried it out...it sounded fine until the heavy singing started, then it got all scratchy to the point where it sounded like an alien was singing. Anyone want the MP3 I was working on so they can give it a shot?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Just ran a second test. Fate of the Unknown is a little quiet, but workable if you change the Music:Sound Effects ratio a little. I upped the volume on Somnus in Audacity and tried it out...it sounded fine until the heavy singing started, then it got all scratchy to the point where it sounded like an alien was singing. Anyone want the MP3 I was working on so they can give it a shot?
I can give it a shot. I have the mp3 of it myself, but if you want to send me yours that can work too.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
To increase the volume of the song in Audacity, increase the gain (the + and - bar to the left next to the mute and solo buttons.

I didn't add the vgm stream for a few reasons. It's already linked to in the tutorials and I don't want to encourage downloading of these brstms for use other than as custom music for Brawl or other Wii games.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Genki Rockets - Heavenly Star by Wander - DEMO

This should go under Other Music; I know it was featured in Lumines 2 and No More Heroes, but Genki Rockets is the name of the band that made it. And since, like so many other songs, it never actually loops (it just plays to the end and then repeats), I suggest a white star.

Kirk

Smash Champion
http://www.mediafire.com/?wdykrd2eryd

That's the edited one with the end cut off so it loops more smoothly. It might just be that the one I downloaded was quiet, but I got it and the other song from different places and I can barely hear either of them. Good luck.

Yeah, you increased the volume too much...the quality sounds...not so good. xD Do you have the original file anywhere?

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Ok finally got around to uploading my songs. Like i said before i made these back with the original method back when iso hacking was the only way so it doesn't have any custom loops or anything but for the most part they sound good and all songs do repeat themselves. I dont have time to upload them individually but i will post youtube links for each song.http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FG18O4XG

B.F.M.V - Waking The Demon By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Common State Of Innocent Violence By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Green Of Green Eyes By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Hibernation Sickness By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Immortal Madness(This is my fav track) By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Mimetic Flower By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Solitude Of Descendant By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - What You Think By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Crossfire Barrage By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Crossfire Barrage By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Extend Sky By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Gray Thaumaturgy By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Mountain Of Faith By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Necro Phantasia By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Puppet Of The Magus, Pt.1 By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crow's Claw - Selaginella 9 By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
DJ Class Ft Kanye West & Estelle - Im The **** Remix By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Eminem - My Darling By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Europe - Final Countdown(Piano Instrumental Sped Up) By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Crush 40 - His World By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Utada Hikaru - Sanctuary By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Kingdom Hearts - Hikari Rock Remix By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Kirby - Captain Falcon Mix By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Naruto-Inoue Joe - Closer By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Paramore - Decode By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Pokemon - Original Theme By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Pokemon - 2.B.A Master. By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Pokemon - Dance Mix By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Pokemon - Road To Virdian City By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Pokemon - Pokerap Full Version By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Power Rangers - Original Theme(Full Version) By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Snoop Dogg Ft Kirby - Drop It Like It's Hot Remix By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Start - Scandal By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
Pokemon(Team Rocket) - Prepare For Trouble By Phillyrider807 - DEMO
The Loney Island Ft T-Pain) - On A Boat By Phillyrider807 - DEMO

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
The earlier comment about starting loops was what I wanted to know, but I didn't really understand it. What do I do?

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
If you're using the Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI, there should be a field called "LoopBegin" that has a 0 in it. That's where you input the sample value of where you want your song to loop back to.

Smash Apprentice
youtube to mp3 converter ftw =]

Searching MTCHW on Youtube can get you some interesting songs you may consider for your brawl :laugh:

Kirk

Smash Champion
@Wander

Final Fantasy XIII - Somnus by Kirk - DEMO

I increased the volume as much as I could without making the quality suffer TOO much. I think it turned out ok, though. The initial volume of the song was VERY low, so I had to finagle with some things...but again, I think it turned out ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom