• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discussion of Aerial QD "Attempt to Advance Ike gameplay"

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
It was more or less half a joke, ehe. >.>

Glad to see my sarcasm being appreciated. Sadly you made me go emo so I cant post here because I don't want you to beat up on me anymore. /wrist /wrist /wrist

lol, besides that, I thought you agree on the fact QD isn't that good anyways.

*ROFLcopters away
Well I feel bad now. Sorry maybe if your being sarcastic you should ,do what whats his name X-ace I think, does the /sarcasm so I don't end up flipping out on you. sorry though.

lol when I read that it sounds like Ike does to QDs it made me imagine the possibility of doing a move between them and having it slide QD's distance but after about 20 seconds I realized. it wouldn't happen. (It won't happen will it?)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Well I feel bad now. Sorry maybe if your being sarcastic you should ,do what whats his name X-ace I think, does the /sarcasm so I don't end up flipping out on you. sorry though.

lol when I read that it sounds like Ike does to QDs it made me imagine the possibility of doing a move between them and having it slide QD's distance but after about 20 seconds I realized. it wouldn't happen. (It won't happen will it?)
lol I usually do the /sarcasm thing, wtf am I doing.

And no, it wont happen, me thinks.

*lollerskates away

D

Deleted member

staying open minded is not the key to winning at smash. you have to be smart, innovative, precise, but if something is not good, using it anyway out of pseudo-innovation is just spiteful to your opponent.

Maybe if QD didn't give your opponent all of the options I could see some use for it. It's like playing a card game with no hand.

IF4MF

Smash Rookie
Then again, if one stays open minded, then what may have been dismissed as a useless technique maybe become an awesome game changing AT. It's not likely, but it may happen, like with wave dashing. This game changing AT (if discovered), can then just turn the tables and make one of the "bad" characters a really "good" character.
On-topic: If it's possible to do a QD immediately after a short hop somehow and get the slide, it may turn into a pseudo wave dash. This is most likely not to happen however, but maybe a different AT can be found.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
I find QD has 2 uses but they're both very situational and therefore you won't see the move used much.

1) Turning around while airborne. This is useful when your being camped by something like Toon Link. Just running away, jumping than returning to your last location with QD gives you some change to evade projectiles. Not the best use but still.

Much more useful in 2 vs 2 though. After killing an opponent with fair/bair/ anything of the like, a QD the other way can get you to your team-mate and "his" opponent fairly quickly. It's also much saver when 2 on 1 so.

2) When you and your opponent come out of the air, both above the stage, start charging QD. When he lands there are a few frames of lag he can't do anything about. Obviously any attack would work (mostly dash attack) but when you're airborne as well it might be what you need to cover the distance. I've killed people by abusing this. At tournaments.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I find QD has 2 uses but they're both very situational and therefore you won't see the move used much.

1) Turning around while airborne. This is useful when your being camped by something like Toon Link. Just running away, jumping than returning to your last location with QD gives you some change to evade projectiles. Not the best use but still.

Much more useful in 2 vs 2 though. After killing an opponent with fair/bair/ anything of the like, a QD the other way can get you to your team-mate and "his" opponent fairly quickly. It's also much saver when 2 on 1 so.

2) When you and your opponent come out of the air, both above the stage, start charging QD. When he lands there are a few frames of lag he can't do anything about. Obviously any attack would work (mostly dash attack) but when you're airborne as well it might be what you need to cover the distance. I've killed people by abusing this. At tournaments.
^This makes enough sense for me to understand someone using it.

Top Bottom