• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Discussion] Smooth Lander Link?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Just how good is Link with Smooth Lander equipped, and what are some things he's able to do that he otherwise couldn't without it? This is coming from someone who doesn't have the Wii U version and hasn't unlocked Smooth Lander in the 3DS version yet. I'm very interested in knowing what Link can do with this equipment and I really don't have the patience to find out for myself lol. Some video footage would be great as well.

Side Note- I heard that you're able to unlock Smooth Lander in the Wii U version simply by unlocking every character's custom moves.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Not sure, and I won't bother with equips unless they're legal. I know it makes every aerial autocancel basically, other than that, no idea.

cardboardowl

Smash Apprentice
It won't be relevant for tourny play. Equips will never be anything mroe than a side tourny, if even that.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Not sure, and I won't bother with equips unless they're legal. I know it makes every aerial autocancel basically, other than that, no idea.
Whether it's tourney legal or not is none of my concern. That's not what I'm asking here. I'm just super curious about what Link can do with Smooth Lander equipped is all.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It's an auto cancel for every aerial. We already have an aerial that auto cancels, bair. So imagine every aerial having the same landing lag as bair. In theory that leads to immediate follow ups after landing, or frame instant specials, like we already have since SH auto cancels into specials. It's just a a chance to have safer landings and a more dynamic match.

Theoretically speaking. Again, test it out with bair.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
It's an auto cancel for every aerial. We already have an aerial that auto cancels, bair. So imagine every aerial having the same landing lag as bair. In theory that leads to immediate follow ups after landing, or frame instant specials, like we already have since SH auto cancels into specials. It's just a a chance to have safer landings and a more dynamic match.

Theoretically speaking. Again, test it out with bair.
I'm already aware that Link's Bair can autocancel from a SH. That's not how Smooth Lander works though. It's supposed to eliminate some amount of landing lag from all aerials. It doesn't autocancel them.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I'm already aware that Link's Bair can autocancel from a SH. That's not how Smooth Lander works though. It's supposed to eliminate some amount of landing lag from all aerials. It doesn't autocancel them.
Iirc, it eliminates enough landing lag as to work as an auto cancel. I remember reading extensively about it on a thread and talking about it with Deva, but I can't remember the specifics atm due to what I had said, that since it's not legal I won't bother with it.

You can see it being showcased here. Not sure if you've watched this vid yet or not, but it's there just in case you haven't. Sorry.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
"Elessar, post: 18066485, member: 169966"]Iirc, it eliminates enough landing lag as to work as an auto cancel. I remember reading extensively about it on a thread and talking about it with Deva, but I can't remember the specifics atm due to what I had said, that since it's not legal I won't bother with it.

You can see it being showcased here. Not sure if you've watched this vid yet or not, but it's there just in case you haven't. Sorry.
Yeah I've already seen that vid. It's one of the reasons I'm so curious in the first place lol.

Top Bottom