• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disguiser Test Day 2 lylo!

D

DGOmni

dead? i thought he was just lost. thanks for confirming that for me.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yea, my bad. It was just kinda flavor. I thought it was kinda obvious when I revealed his role.

D

DGOmni

kinda just want everyone who confirmed to start talking i.e. mentos and anyone else left

voting kevin was a bandwagon fun vote

M

MentosDG

Haha I just chose to not jump on the corpse bandwagoning. Although, we were prolly voting for the right person, just not the right accountXD

D

DG Mac

So we know he didn't disguise anyone except frozen, cuz we all posted this evening and he hasn't even been online. This disguiser mechanic is too easily meta'd.

D

DGOmni

So we know he didn't disguise anyone except frozen, cuz we all posted this evening and he hasn't even been online. This disguiser mechanic is too easily meta'd.
this went over my head. how does it work?

M

MentosDG

Contrary Mac, we don't know he didn't disguise anyone who's posted: it's as simple as logging on invisible on AIM or, wait for it, not logging in at all. That's the interesting part of this mechanic, is there are various ways around it being noticed.

-Osseous-

Smash Rookie
whats the point of this role if you don't steal their power? if it's not on night 0 i guess you should use it on someone who's generally trusted or hard to get lynched? but then how could that work on a forum with the various private user groups?

D

DGOmni

okay i'll make this simple

1. frozenflame
4. Macman
5. Marshy
6. mentosman

4.) Macman - What do I yell at you for all the time regarding Mafia?
5.) Marshy - What series did we briefly discuss a week or two ago?

im not sure how i can test frozen or mentos. the key is to look for the fraud so asking these questions will easily clear people. this may be the counter to disguising

D

DGOmni

lool i have no idea,

i gotta pull out the aimlogs i guess
you should know without the logs. if u really dont know, then just ask me a question only i should know regarding the two of us

D

DG Mac

stop hammering me when im town in aimmafia...
oh, tl dr, how do yu get better at melee?

D

DGOmni

alright you're good.

you get better at melee by having 3 kinds of people. someone you can beat. someone who's your equal. someone's who ***** you. blazzay blazzay.

-Osseous-

Smash Rookie
figured this'd come down to metagaming. i was going to look at syntax as it progressed. omni we discussed monster. it blows everything else out of the water

vote frozen

F

FrozenFlameDG

Hmmm, well this is sort of a lame way to beat the system. Whatever works I s'pose.

I'm willing to take questions if people have any to confirm I'm not disguised. I'll be back with some for Mac and Marsh since I've had discussions with you two on AIM.

D

DGOmni

oh yeah completely forgot.

ff, i spoke with you just yesterday. what tv show were we talking about?

D

DGOmni

@Mac: i was referring to you inviting me to aimafia when the game isn't about to start, lol

just gotta' wait for mentos or frozen to be confirmed

-Osseous-

Smash Rookie
not only is this lame but it's also not guaranteed to work. just realized that the disguiser may've opted to hold off on his power and just nk instead. that means we have to actually play

D

DGOmni

For those of you watching, this is how the disguiser works:
Mafia: Handorin
Townie: Tom
Night: Handorin kills and chooses to disguise as Tom.
Morning Death Scene: Handorin, the villager, has died.

The town will not know when (or if) someone is disguised. It is up to you to figure it out.

2) When/if you choose to disguise, you will gain access to that person's account only to post in the game. Any other actions may have consequences.
i understand what you're saying marshy, but given the current scenario/circumstances of ff and mentos being unusually quiet those two are more than likely the play

Kevin is dead. this means if mafia chose to disguise himself Kevin is actually in somebody's body/account. he's not in mine nor yours nor macs which leaves mentos and ff.

i opt for playing "normal" as well but if for any reason FF or Mentos can't confirm their identity then we know mafia chose to disguise themselves thus making that person the culprit. that's the whole point of the meta.

if both FF and Mentos can confirm their identities than no disguise attempt was made and the day goes on with 4 town and 1 mafia. since we can afford to mislynch once, the optimal play is to just vote frozen or mentos and recheck identities tomorrow

basically, if scum choose to disguise themselves at any point in the game, this meta kills them.

@mentos and frozen: whats up

-Osseous-

Smash Rookie
i'm aware though me or macman being able to answer your question doesn't clear us. does the disguiser usually have to use it n0? i'd like to play normal just in case that plan doesn't work. we can have more than 1 line of discussion going. as for just lynching one of them then we have nothing to go on day 2. your play here is reminding me of how i approached vengeful on here which screwed town

D

DGOmni

i'm aware though me or macman being able to answer your question doesn't clear us. does the disguiser usually have to use it n0? i'd like to play normal just in case that plan doesn't work. we can have more than 1 line of discussion going. as for just lynching one of them then we have nothing to go on day 2. your play here is reminding me of how i approached vengeful on here which screwed town
maybe i'm not making myself clear.

the fact that the 3 of us can identify with each other means that none of us have been disguised. agreed?

that leaves the possibility that mentos or frozenflame are under disguise. right?

if mentos and frozenflame confirm and are cleared by us (cleared meaning they are who they say they are) than that means the disguiser didn't take disguise himself N0.

so what im saying is that the next step is to confirm Mentos and Frozenflame. if they are both clear we play the day like normal.

however, if the disguiser, disguised himself N0 then Mentos or FrozenFlame won't be able to clear themselves and the game is over.

anyway, we should just wait for those two to respond

M

MentosDG

I don't really have much to say yet. Everything so far has been a bw on a dead person and guise testing. I do have a question to you all though: Does everyone agree a guise test could be worthless, as the victim could easily help the guiser answer questions without ever breaking rules about talking about the game and force town to find out who isn't themselves from syntax etc? If so this testing becomes pointless and we can worry about playing the game. If not someone needs to question me and FF so we can move on out of this stage.

D

DG Mac

Why would the guy who got disguised do that? That would go directly against their win condition.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha true, but it would make the game a lot more interestingXD Regardless, since everyone wants to do this first, could someone ask me something so that we can get to playing for real

M

MentosDG

Haha true, but it would make the game a lot more interestingXD Regardless, since everyone wants to do this first, could someone ask me something so that we can get to playing for real

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
whether you realize it or not, you just proved that you're not being disguised by posting on your main account

nice job

F

FrozenFlameDG

oh yeah completely forgot.

ff, i spoke with you just yesterday. what tv show were we talking about?
That's a lie. I didn't talk to you yesterday. I can't remember the last time I had an online discussion with you lol.

In fact, I haven't spoken to anyone in this game on AIM in over a week.

whether you realize it or not, you just proved that you're not being disguised by posting on your main account

nice job
Way to go mentos. And yeah, same goes for you too Omni. Way to blow it guys. XP

I'm curious why Omni switch from white text to green mid game. Disguised perhaps?

D

DGOmni

*facepalm* @ accidently posting under my main name while correcting mentos

huge fos: frozenflame

the switch was to drive stupid comments like that out. what exactly are you implying and tell us what your reasoning is, frozen. i have a feeling u didnt think that one all the way through

F

FrozenFlameDG

lol really Omni? Really?

In a game where scumhunting is supposed to be centered around inconsistencies in the common playstyle of participants, you find BAITING inconsistent playing to be an effective scumhunting strategy?

How the hell is pointing out your deliberate blunder a scumtell? If you hadn't ****ed up and confirmed you weren't disguised, I'd be all over your *** at this point.

Again, I don't see how pointing our your inconsistency is stupid. Using trap gambits like this are perfect ways for mafia to flip their own tells and project them on others. Scummy at best my friend.

D

DGOmni

How the hell is pointing out your deliberate blunder a scumtell? If you hadn't ****ed up and confirmed you weren't disguised, I'd be all over your *** at this point.

Again, I don't see how pointing our your inconsistency is stupid. Using trap gambits like this are perfect ways for mafia to flip their own tells and project them on others. Scummy at best my friend.
you seem tense, Frozen. i don't recall saying that you were scummy nor do i recall saying that you were stupid but i believe your comment you made was a suspicious and inconsistent statement

Disguised perhaps?
we just discussed how marshy, mac, and i were clear and was left to have you and Mentos confirm yourselves. what's funny is that my slip-up on telling Mentos that he confirmed himself was brought to my attention by you. you basically pointed out that i confirmed myself just as Mentos confirmed himself.

so why would you claim that we confirmed and then suggest that i was disguised in the same post?

F

FrozenFlameDG

I'm not tense, I'm simply reacting naturally to you trying to set me up via misrepresentation.

How can you claim to not have said I was scummy when you said "MAJOR FOS: FROZEN"? Last time I checked, that was the next most explicit way to express that you fell someone is being scummy other than a vote.

I'll admit that saying "disguised" was a poor choice of words. I meant to say that it was simply scummy but for some reason I automatically associated that type of inconsistent play with being disguised despite the unorthodox situation that occurred to more or less clear you of that accusation.

Deliberately acting inconsistent to set traps and trying to ride high on your unorthodox clearing simply makes you look scummy, whether or not you are clear of being disguised. It's as if you're trying to implicitly associate your non-disguised status with full out innocence in order to justify your shady means of procuring a target. Trying to ride on virtue by association has scum written all over it.

Top Bottom