• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DivX Videos

Fish4JC

Smash Rookie
Hello, I personally have just started recording videos of my friends and I playing SSBM. I wanted to know if DivX would be a good format to post them in. I currently, being as I play other games too and would like the software, am getting DivX AuthorX which will use DivX encoding.

One reason I didn't want to do all of them in DivX is that some people may not have the Divx Codec required to play, even though I've found they seem to work fine.

If anyone could let me know if DivX is a smart choice that would be awesome.

Sincerely,

Fish

Nigzel

Smash Ace
All I can say is, use either DivX or XviD. To be frankly, there is codecs with better quality. Those are also a lot heavier and have a more complex way to encrypt the data. No matter if the process is too heavy for some computers or not, ALWAYS go for what "common people" can use. Hence, use DivX/XviD.

Fish4JC

Smash Rookie
Thanks for that.

I will continue to put them in DivX form. oh, and before I decided to start recording SSBM vids, I used XviD... Only because they were .avi files and XviD is free. I'm using an ATI All-In-Wonder Video card to capture the vids. It saves them in .mpg format and the DivX editor will work with it so I figured... "Why not?". Anyways, thanks.

Top Bottom