• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJ Mirror & Azn Lep Presents: Arcadian II *Date Set: Oct. 2nd*

bbb

Smash Champion
oh I see

whats the date then

I looked at the first page and was like, the 4th is a monday thats weird

DJMirror

Smash Master
phantasy star portable 2

is one addicting *** game.

God I hate my psp and nds sometimes =[

Kira-

Smash Champion
Phantasy Star games are both the worst and the most addicting MMOs on the planet

I love em, but seriously it's just A-A-A a billion times and farming the same 4 areas a billion times

bbb

Smash Champion
I might show up to this to bring a ps2 and GG so I can eat connies supple young butt hole

DJMirror

Smash Master
Phantasy Star games are both the worst and the most addicting MMOs on the planet

I love em, but seriously it's just A-A-A a billion times and farming the same 4 areas a billion times
DUDE! like my psp and nds are more fun than ps3 and xbox 360 atm

maybe its because i can get the game for psp/nds for free =/

bbb

Smash Champion
dragon quest IX

EDIT: I just realized this ish is going down in SD

**** that noise I ain't driving all the way down there

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
I have a few things to say about this tourney...

I'd like to start by saying that i am looking forward to this tourney, the last "arcadian" tournament was legit and a lot of fun. But I don't really agree with how this tourney is being run. If the point of the last arcadian tournament was to see who the best smashers are that arn't currently ranked then this tourney on sat is not following up very well. I think this tournament should be only available to nonranked players in general. I say that with just cause. I know for a fact that half the kids that show up saturday (noobs) are gonna get thrashed by any of the ranked players no matter what characters they use. It just wont be fun for people showing up to this tourney looking to smash with people of or around their skill only to get slaid by Zhu's yoshi or MacD's zelda. How does that determine who the potentially ranked smashers will be if they are to loose to a ranked player? Furthermore, I feel that if ur not ranked CURRENTLY, then ur not on there for a reason...dont show up to many tournies, arn't consistent, arn't good at all ha, etc. Saying that, I feel that all PREVIOUSLY ranked people should be able to play their mains, plain and simple. AZN_Lep was on the power rankings at one point (but we all know he clearly doesn't really play anymore) so do we ban his IC's? Ridiculous if you ask me. Maple was on the PR for like a month at #15 and we ban his sheik and marth? This tourney should be for nonranked smashers and only nonranked smashers and no one should have limitations on what characters they use. That's just MY opinion. I'll be rollin to this regardless but I just found these "rules" a bit odd.

See you ho's saturday.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Nah Boss, there was plenty of time and prior discussion about the rules. No matter which of the many possible way the rules went, it would upset a group of people. We'll just stick with what here and if it goes over well, hooray! If not, we'll plan something else for the next one.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
i wasnt expecting a change nor do i care if there is a change pat, just been a lot of talk about the rules up here in orange county and decided to voice my opinion while drinking my seasonal blue moon pumpkin ale. been a while son, see u sat!

Kira-

Smash Champion
if the unranked players can't beat our mid-tiers,

that means they suck at matchups

and/or now they know how big the gap is and how much work they need to do

sorry if reality is a slap in the face

that having been said i am 90% sure they will **** us

sorry if this was said already i didnt read the thread

DJMirror

Smash Master
I have a few things to say about this tourney...

I'd like to start by saying that i am looking forward to this tourney, the last "arcadian" tournament was legit and a lot of fun. But I don't really agree with how this tourney is being run. If the point of the last arcadian tournament was to see who the best smashers are that arn't currently ranked then this tourney on sat is not following up very well. I think this tournament should be only available to nonranked players in general. I say that with just cause. I know for a fact that half the kids that show up saturday (noobs) are gonna get thrashed by any of the ranked players no matter what characters they use. It just wont be fun for people showing up to this tourney looking to smash with people of or around their skill only to get slaid by Zhu's yoshi or MacD's zelda. How does that determine who the potentially ranked smashers will be if they are to loose to a ranked player? Furthermore, I feel that if ur not ranked CURRENTLY, then ur not on there for a reason...dont show up to many tournies, arn't consistent, arn't good at all ha, etc. Saying that, I feel that all PREVIOUSLY ranked people should be able to play their mains, plain and simple. AZN_Lep was on the power rankings at one point (but we all know he clearly doesn't really play anymore) so do we ban his IC's? Ridiculous if you ask me. Maple was on the PR for like a month at #15 and we ban his sheik and marth? This tourney should be for nonranked smashers and only nonranked smashers and no one should have limitations on what characters they use. That's just MY opinion. I'll be rollin to this regardless but I just found these "rules" a bit odd.

See you ho's saturday.
If they're not beating Zhu's yoshi, Connor's roy, Maple's link, or macd's falco/fox/falcon or Fly's luigi then yeah i know it's discouraging as hell but it just mean that they need to step up. Plus the first one...I had alot of complaints and stuff from the PR players for not letting them enter and most of them tried to bargain me by letting them enter with low tiers like link, zelda etc. If this tournament end up having the same result or close to it then **** it the third one will have no rank players entering.

*This is not directly toward you Micheal. I hope you understand that I respect your opinion and such.*

To the other people that are *****ing:

There will be always a certain group of people complaining and such but honestly I'm not going to hear them out anymore because it's not like they're forced to enter because someone holding your gf/family hostage or putting a gun to your head. if they don't like it then they can shut up, go suck a **** of someone that cares and don't go/enter. it's that easy you don't waste your time and money coming here to enter. in fact you're going to save me time/a headache by not entering you in the tio, taking your money and giving you back your change, not calling your name for matches and not hearing you ***** about it for the day and by the end of the day you and me didn't really enjoy the tournament and not just us but other people too like the noobs/scrubs/pr etc. don't ruin the experiences for the other people just because YOU don't enjoy it if you're getting ***** in the *** by maple's link, MacD's whatever, Connor's roy or Zhu's yoshi. If you have time to complain then you have time to shut up and get better and not let that happen again.

Sorry if this sound kinda mean.

Jun.

Smash Lord
if the unranked players can't beat our mid-tiers,

that means they suck at matchups

and/or now they know how big the gap is and how much work they need to do

sorry if reality is a slap in the face
Honestly though, you have to admit at a certain point the game isn't about characters but more so knowledge of the game's mechanics. PR members didn't get there solely by exploiting their character's strengths but instead earned their place through experience and knowledge of the game itself. Therefore if a really good player that is on the PR plays a "bad" character deemed by the community, it is still a case of a wolf in sheep's clothing. I believe I understand where both sides are coming from. All I gotta say to the Arcadians is, have your sheiks ready lol.

San Diego Reaper

Smash Journeyman
All I gotta say to the Arcadians is, have your sheiks ready lol.
^That is what is supposed to inspire the new players to come. If you want to scare away many of the new players, people are doing a really good job of it.

I have a strong feeling that this new arcadian tourny will be no where near as epic as the first one. Largely because of the new rule set. I have several up and coming smashers in riverside who are pretty disheartened by the fact the ranked players are allowed to attend. Sure you can say, "they need to step it up".

But that is not what the ARCADIAN tournament is all about. Its about the beginners having fun with each other, and people who are close to ranked getting the chance to finish top three or so. DJ Mirror is right. We all know how good Mango's mario has performed, do people honestly think that the other top ranked players will play poorly against noobies with there low tier characters. It is completely obvious that skill carries over in this game. Everyone knows they will dominate the tournament, and that in itself will turn people away.

So DJ Mirror and Azn Lep, I ask you this, are you trying to attract the 60+ players who are bad, and know they are bad, but would love to come because even they feel they can actually do well? Or, are you trying to attract the 10 people and stragglers probably ranked 16th-25th place who feel like they could win?

Who is the arcadian tourny for? The noobies and up and coming smashers or the ranked and almost ranked players? Keep the arcadian tourny for the ARCADIANS.

p.s. - I think all the ranked players are legit and all, but the noobies were suppossed to have this one tournament where they were given a chance to shine. Its just one tournament, and now it looks like they wont even get that chance. Ranked players should come! but to SUPPORT, CHEER ON, and HELP TEACH the new growing community, in turn making the community even larger and stronger. Now that would be an EPIC tourny.

MacD

Banned via Administration
oh boo hoo, they are trying a new format for the tourney

and people not going to a tourney because ranked/good people are gonna be there is stupid

the only reason turnout for this will suffer is because once the date changed, people weren't hyping it up as much

San Diego Reaper

Smash Journeyman
oh boo hoo, they are trying a new format for the tourney

and people not going to a tourney because ranked/good people are gonna be there is stupid

the only reason turnout for this will suffer is because once the date changed, people weren't hyping it up as much
Is not going to a tourny cuz all the ranked players will be there stupid? Im pretty sure it was that specific reason as to why you got all the people there in the first place.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Honestly though, you have to admit at a certain point the game isn't about characters but more so knowledge of the game's mechanics. PR members didn't get there solely by exploiting their character's strengths but instead earned their place through experience and knowledge of the game itself. Therefore if a really good player that is on the PR plays a "bad" character deemed by the community, it is still a case of a wolf in sheep's clothing. I believe I understand where both sides are coming from. All I gotta say to the Arcadians is, have your sheiks ready lol.
They need to have sheiks because it makes the character matchup easier. If it didn't, then you would be right in saying that game mechanics are more important. Also if it didn't, there would be no counters at all and everyone would do the same against every character.

@ SDR

Not all of us are elitists and blindly saying "step it up" to everything. If they're only coming because they think they have a shot, the community is not going to grow at all after this tournament. It will be exactly the same as the last one, where 100 people show up and then none of them ever show again.

Why not allow some of the few people who ACTUALLY like playing this game and are a part of the community and are the only reason why it hasn't completely burned out yet enter a cool tournament? Is that not fair?

MacD

Banned via Administration
@ SDR

Not all of us are elitists and blindly saying "step it up" to everything. If they're only coming because they think they have a shot, the community is not going to grow at all after this tournament. It will be exactly the same as the last one, where 100 people show up and then none of them ever show again.

Why not allow some of the few people who ACTUALLY like playing this game and are a part of the community and are the only reason why it hasn't completely burned out yet enter a cool tournament? Is that not fair?
this

you said basically everything i was thinking and didn't know how to word well

D

Deleted member

btw

i think Westballz and down should still be allowed to use any character without restrictions for this arcadian if they choose to go

Top Bottom