• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJ Nintendo - Stop trying to find a way to go to APEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey everyone,

As you know I have banned DJ Nintendo from Apex and things surrounding Apex. With this in mind he had contacted me saying I cannot stop him from going to the hotel (Legally I cannot) and he will be attempting to sell HACKED copies of Melee. I want to let everyone know that...

#1 - This is illegal and can cause up to a $50,000 Fine

Source
Civil judgments can include actual (for unregistered works) and statutory damages (for registered works) in addition to court costs and attorney's fees, and sometimes punitive damages. Statutory damages can range from $750 to $30,000, with willful acts punishable up to $150,000.

On the criminal side (and these prosecutions are relatively frequent for infringers who do this on a large scale), if more than 10 copies having a total retail value of more than $2,500 is involved, that's a felony. Criminal penalties may include a large monetary fine and a jail sentence of 5 years.

#2 - DJ Nintendo owes other people money and him going to the Hyatt hotel is a slap in the face of other people.

Basically despite owing money he is going to NJ ( he lives in the bronx ) and trying to convince someone to either let him stay for free or that he will pay you back later. Until this day he has not pay people back for the previous hotel from Rei

Reioumu: $100-150 bucks since others have paid him back

Lovage: "DJ owes my friend in socal (the great leon) like 250 for a plane ticket to pat's house"

HBK: "dj owes me like 200 for a ticket to fast. or i think it was tipped off. "

Skidadle: "He owes my friend 50$ (Lamugi)"

toasty: "For the record, DJ owes me $320.20"

if he has enough money to go to the hotel from the bronx and enough to buy CDS and stuff then he should pay back the people he owes first.

FINALLY - He has stated many times that Apex would be his last tournament...with that in mind please refer to GSGII where he posted :

I'll see about making it to this =)

The TO responded quickly with

After becoming informed by many residents of northern and southern California about the words and actions of person "DJ Nintendo," I need to inform the public - and DJ Nintendo - that he is banned from this tournament. The only option DJ Nintendo has to undo this banning is to "pay what he owe" to the following person(s): The Greater Leon.

If this debt is not paid 24 hours before the tournament date (9:00AM December 17th, 2010) DJ Nintendo will not be allowed in the tournament venue. Police officers will be notified, and will remove him from the premises.

I do not mind him for the most part but his obsession with going to Apex ( although flattering ) is personally too much. No one should be purchasing hacked melees from him NOR should they let him stay in your room. He is leeching off this community of generally good people.

The sad part is that he believes he is in the right as stated here in an aim conversation with me
(8:01:00 PM) DJ Nintendo05 So I have to talk to Rei and he's the one thats gonna decide if I can go or not?

(8:01:18 PM) alex strife yea

(8:02:41 PM) DJ Nintendo05 I don't understand that because its your tournament and you're the one with the power to allow someone not to go or not, even Toasty still wants me to go. Why would you let Rei make that decision? It doesn't make any sense, especially since Rei doesn't know the situation, unless you spoke to him

(8:02:51 PM) alex strife toasty does not want you to go

(8:02:56 PM) alex strife no one does til u pay off the money

(8:02:57 PM) alex strife also

(8:03:16 PM) alex strife if you have money to go to a tournametn u have
money to pay ppl back which is the main point of all this

(8:05:06 PM) DJ Nintendo05 No I don't because all I need is $60 and some money for food. Its a ****ing tournament in NJ. I'm not going to spend mad OD money buying stuff or anything like that. I already explained to you in detail why I haven't had the chance to pay *****s back.

(8:05:21 PM) alex strife shoudlnt u be focusing on paying others back then going ot a tournament

(8:07:55 PM) DJ Nintendo05 Even if I used the $60 for registration and the money for food for something else other than Apex, it would go away in a second on other expenses. I already told you that I pretty much have a job working as security in my cousin's spot. And I guess Toasty lied to me because he told me that he was gonna talk to you and put the good word in about letting me go. So I guess *****s is degrading themselves mad hard by even lieing

(8:08:55 PM) alex strife look u need to udnerstand that going to a tournament is secondary to your isses u have. stop worrying about going and start just figureing stuff out

(8:09:09 PM) alex strife like i said if rei was ok idc but its my tournament also and i feel that u are not getting teh point of the ban

(8:11:49 PM) DJ Nintendo05 I don't understand the point of the ban. Going to
tournaments is not the issue. I also told you about why I've been going to some locals since Pound. I see you either forget or don't understand what I be saying. I start working soon after Apex so *****s will get paid back eventually. They just need to be a bit more patient. There are people that owe me money and I'm in a super poor state right now and I'm not *****ing about getting that money. You don't understand the reason why I wanna go to Apex or why I even go to some locals, even though I clearly told you on the phone

(8:12:44 PM) alex strife i understand

(8:17:35 PM) DJ Nintendo05 Apex is my last tournament until I pay everyone back but I guess I have to talk to Rei. I finally got his number but his phone is off. So I gotta wait till he calls me back or something. Funny thing is if Rei allows me to go, Shiz might end up getting a partner because we supposed to team. So if I go and Shiz gets a partner, I'll be out of luck because all the good people would be taken. So its like a lose-lose situation

(8:22:46 PM) alex strife no means no.
(8:26:44 PM) DJ Nintendo05 What do you mean no means no?

(8:27:03 PM) alex strife im not letting you enter

(8:27:17 PM) alex strife its all in the thread u are not allowed to enter tournaments until u pay everyone back

(8:27:22 PM) alex strife pbnj did it and so should u

(8:28:22 PM) DJ Nintendo05 PB&J had his ways of getting money and he still went to tournaments while he paid people back. So please don't compare

(8:28:27 PM) alex strife ok

after that I just stopped talking and let him be. Now this attempt to sell people hacked copies has put me in a position as a community leader to say no more!

I am sorry for saying all this I just want his life together as a person who does want him happy:(

bryu_1337

Smash Journeyman
The fact that he is saying he has a job means nothing. He needs to prove that he has a job and has started paying people back before he should be allowed to come to tournaments. Listen, I don't know DJ personally; heck, I only know a handful of smashers personally, but I know that people should not be allowed to borrow and steal in any circumstance, let alone in a community where the majority of people (in my experience and from what i've heard) are genuinely nice people. Just because people will pay for your ticket or your entry fee out of the kindness of their heart does not give you reason to take advantage of that kindness.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Totally support Alex Strife and what he is doing. More TOs need to step up like him and put their foot down to keep people from getting tricked into lending money/giving people things for free.

This is a great warning for people in the Apex hotel: if he tries to spend the night or anything, make sure you are getting cash up front cause repayment has clearly not come through for people who have lent him hundreds before.

S l o X

Smash Champion
why would you buy a copy when it takes 10 seconds to make one in the first place? ****, theres an entire thread on this iiish.

but -_- wish dj could come up with the money

hope the homiee gets stuff together soon so i can see him at rom3 / p5

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Also he was trying to get to APEX with no room, probably get a ride from his friends (no big deal, just like 1HR drive), but supposedly keeping all of his money to eat, saying that he wouldn't be spending anything excess. I doubt it though, because most people would probably be staying AT the hotel, so he would have to get a room. Also thought about getting another credit card to hold a room or something. He says he's been doing interviews after interviews, but still no job. He refuses to work in food due to a bad "experience," even though chops was trying to get him a job. So far from the last half a year I've been told

1. He's got an interview for a good job.
2. He's starting training for a job , then gets fired shortly after for making a "small" mistake. (I have no details on this but w/e)
3. He gets money from his dad.
4. He helps his mom buy groceries
5. He's a pro at interviews (lol)

Yeah... I keep hearing the same stories. mostly #1. But it's been 1/2 a year. Getting a job in New York isn't hard at all now.

Maybe he should read this.
http://www.hypercombo.net/2010/08/expanding-the-meta-game-into-the-real-world/

He's gotta stop being a Jabroni.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Once again Alex, you are assuming things like always. It wasn't even 100% if I was going to the hotel or not. Its an idea that I have but it wasn't sure if I was gonna go through with it. Lets say if I go to the hotel, I wouldn't be stealing anyone's money, I wasn't gonna borrow money from anyone, I wasn't gonna ask to stay in anyone's room, and of course I wasn't gonna go near the venue. You just assumed this and that like you knew everything 100%. For example, you just assumed that I had to buy CDs and that I was just gonna try and stay in someone's room. Instead handling this with me privately on the phone and seeing how I'm gonna take this idea if I'm gonna do it or not, you rush to smashboards and post the lil story without even knowing how things really are. I know I can't go to Apex. I got that and I'm obviously not gonna go. But you telling me something like "You don't deserve to be in that hotel" is showing that you're talking to me like you're my father. You don't own the hotel or anything like that to be saying something like that. I told you not to talk to me like you're my father and I see you don't listen. You just run to smashboards and make the whole community hate me. In addition, pretty much the whole community doesn't even know the whole situation so they just go with whomever makes a thread or says this and that and they believe it like its 100% accurate or even not even close to accurate.

I don't even know why you called the title as such when I clearly told you on the phone earlier that I wasn't going to Apex since the decision was made. So you need to relax about that. Thats how you know you do not know me, as everyone else too. My life has been horrible for almost a full year. I'm not purposely trying to stall to pay those people back. A million threads can be made about me and its not making the people I owe money to get their money faster, its pretty much just makes the whole community hate someone without them knowing the actual real story from the source, which is me.

.REMIX.

Smash Apprentice
Wow. DJ Nintendo is ****ed XD

But I agree with Alex and whoever is part of this as well. I don't see how someone could have the money to enter events and pay venue fee but still not be able to pay off debts. IMO i think he's trying to avoid the situation and trying to stall for time XD then again i wouldn't know but it's happened to my father before so DJ could be the same case.

Anyways, DJ get your **** straight plz. I hate to see people be in debt and have the situation go THIS far.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Dj you should not be trying to go to this in general. Go do something else. Selling Melee copies to pay off your debts is beyond you.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I can vouch that DJ was getting a ride to Apex before, but I'm not gonna name anyone and stuff.

But yea hopefully this is all settled now, it seems like this thread was the final nail in the coffin.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Dj you should not be trying to go to this in general. Go do something else. Selling Melee copies to pay off your debts is beyond you.
I'm not gonna go anymore. Like I said, it was an idea to help me jump start my way to paying the people I owe money to back. I was thinking about it and leaning more towards not going with it anyway since the idea isn't that good but yeah. I'm just gonna keep trying to get a job and pay people back as soon as I can and get my life back to normal.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Dj I do not think you get it. It saddens me that you are not able to understand why this was a bad idea. You still think you are a victim when others are the ones that are being ****** over by this. You should not be trying to sell copies of something that is illegal to get ppl money back.

So you would be going room by room to sell it? Where would you sleep? How would you get there...this was not well thought out and you should not have said anything.

Hopefully you realize that you need to be responsible instead of a brat.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
dj, people like you are a parasite to the community ive spent my past 5 years trying to build, and i'm ashamed to associate with people who act this way.

i've seen people try to defend themselves in your situation before (just like the company who ripped me off) and it's sad because i think you honestly believe yourself. The answers always sound the same and they never add up when you put them together from different people. You think you're so good with words but you're not. Man up and admit to your shadiness, the worst thing in the world is when people won't even improve themselves.

But it's whatever, disrespect the community we've all helped to build, see how far it gets you.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
*This is DJ Nintendo*

Even though I had my idea planned out, I was thinking about not doing it anyway. In addition, I just said that I'm not doing it anymore. So lets forget about it. Its just work, work, work for me.

Ninja Edd

Smash Journeyman
*This is DJ Nintendo*

Even though I had my idea planned out, I was thinking about not doing it anyway. In addition, I just said that I'm not doing it anymore. So lets forget about it. Its just work, work, work for me.
You don't have to come and confess we're lookin for you. We gon find you so you can run and tell that HOMEBOY.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
To an extent, it's important that the community knows. I support the fact the thread was made, but I agree it shouldn't be dwelled on. I just say let DJ enter no more events until he pays (or at least makes progress) in paying his debts

Inui

Banned via Warnings
DJN can afford premium membership but didn't pay people back! Evil! :bee:

DJ nintendo reminds me of Inui with his problem. <3 both.
What is this supposed to mean? We're both broke? I don't owe anyone money. I'm owed a lot of money.

Soja (friend since 2004, owed me since 2007): $700
Xyro (owes me since Nov 09): $213
Blue (owes me since Jan 09): $130
Rachael (my sister, paying me back soon): $50

If the people that owed me money paid me back, I'd be fine. I got ***** for being nice/generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom