• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Advancement of Metagame thread |Updated Random ideas 10/28/10!!!

D0N

Smash Ace
It's a fact (or sterotype) that DK mains steal food from people's plates if they're not eating it.

So, it's probably for the best that we would all be at the same table, isolated from the weaker mains :)
like the toon links
oh man, im guilty of that lol. I went to a restaurant with BigLou and a few other GA players, and BigLou ordered a steak. But he filled up on the appetizers. The steak was left either for me or Rayku (lucario). He didnt take it, so free steak for me :laugh:

ook

Smash Lord
one time I went to a restaurant with some smashers, but there wasn't a table big enough for us all, so we sat at multiple ones. When the waitress came by with the food, she had an extra cup of chili, and she was like "who ordered the chili? did someone order the chili?" and no one answered... so I was like, "well, I guess I'll take it". so I ate it.

Then one of the guys at the other table saw me eating it, so he asked "ook... did you order that chili?" and I was like "no."
it was his chili :lick:

Luckily he was a G&W main. So of course he was really skinny and just got another one.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
one time I went to a restaurant with some smashers, but there wasn't a table big enough for us all, so we sat at multiple ones. When the waitress came by with the food, she had an extra cup of chili, and she was like "who ordered the chili? did someone order the chili?" and no one answered... so I was like, "well, I guess I'll take it". so I ate it.

Then one of the guys at the other table saw me eating it, so he asked "ook... did you order that chili?" and I was like "no."

Luckily he was a G&W main. So of course he was really skinny and just got another one.
Lol

"ook... did you order that chili?"

*Stares at the G&W main with this face http://www.smashboards.com/customavatars/avatar32924_4.gif while charging up the pauwnch*

Never mind Ook, ill just order another one :(

daisho

Smash Lord

LOL thats awesome.

Theres actually a bunch in NJ/NY but most don't post here or aren't good (me)

Will, Cable, Bum, Me... theres probably others.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
LOL thats awesome.

Theres actually a bunch in NJ/NY but most don't post here or aren't good (me)

Will, Cable, Bum, Me... theres probably others.
Yeah Bum never posts... I was actually chilling with him and the rest of DA the night before The Gauntlet in Woodside this past weekend. They want me to train with them and rep DA =) He was actually supposed to go to the tournament.... but tired johns bc we stayed up all night xD I still went lol.

Oh and Bum hasn't gone to tournies in a while.... but he is still BEAST. I was going even with him in DK dittos, but when he turned it on he could literally 3 stock me. Most patient DK ever, and hopefully I will be getting more practice with him and learn some of that godly patience and spacing haha.

Also, practicing with D1's falco is toooo good. If you ever want to get perfectly camped by lasers and down-aired off stage, play him ;p I should be getting practice with Basic Sausage (D3 main), Jash, Wes, and Dire a lot more too. East coast is under represented DK wise right now, but Bum, Cable, and I will bring it back up to the top =)

Edit: Also, I would love to be able to meet you guys sometime =/ It gets lonely being the only DK from NY that consistently goes to tournies lol. Dinner for 12 sounds perfect! =D

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Let's all eat somewhere at pound 4. We can discuss DK strategies over a nice dinner. And I want to toke with cyphus.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
we could just ravage the peach mains dinner like I did at genesis. ohm nom nom praxis and edreese are delicious

it would be pretty cool if all the Dk mains could somehow get together and have a dinner. but the most central place we could go would be nevada. ( **** the 5 of you from cali) 3 from MW. 2? from south. 1? east coast (bum quit again?)
whats the next big tournament that would happen in nevada? im down for the drive lol. love that quote btw.

LOL @ ook with the chili moment.

@ rag, dont count me out :(

@mmf i think theres more in cali than NC lol.

D0N

Smash Ace
Dayum. Sounds like a plan, I am def going to Pound 4 with a bunch of my friends. I am bringing my friend KirinBlaze and Punishment Divine, still unsure of a teammate though ;p
Ive heard good things about your DK before you started posting. I want a MM @ pound 4

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so is every DK going to pound 4 except me? not cool guys.... not cool

if I can make it I wonder who would team with me??? *looks at ook or bigfoot*

PRAXIS!!! TEAM!!!! POUND 4!!!!! NAOUWGH!!!!!!!

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Lol

Slow and steady wins the race.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i've already done that, actually (i think it was 8 Gs though) but i'll do it again, lol

i've smoked out of a banana-twice. oh you KNOW i play DK.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
DK's ledge attack (the one that shoots him across the 1/3 of the stage) has kinda weak horizontal-ish knockback that can knock them on their butt. If it connects run forward and headbutt their roll (in most cases they roll back if they don't tech it). In other words, it leads to a techchase.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
I'll record a replay. It doesn't set up a techchase ALL the time, but it does a good amount if it connects. I think it mainly depends on their weight, a tiny bit on their percent (it's actually pretty lenient), and where they were when you hit them.

edit- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCX5USnVQEA

Luigi player

Smash Master
Down B is a really great move.

I often walk away and down B if the enemy wants to follow me on the ground. If you did it a few times (or once) the enemy will probably try to appraoch from the air the next time, so be ready to bair them if you did this.

Also, if you use down B on a platform on battlefield right above your opponent and they stand on the ground you can hit many characters. I didn't test every character for the usmash and crouch things, only the ones noteworthy.

For most characters it's bad to stay on a platform above their opponent, but not for DK! (well, watch out for aerials though, this only works if the enemy is on the ground)

You can hit those characters (in their standing animation):
ROB, King Dedede, Falco, Samus, ZSS, Snake, Bowser, Ganondorf, Marth, Ike, Sonic, Charizard, Captain Falcon, Peach, Luigi, Wario, Pit, Zelda, Shiek, DK, Diddy, Mario, Link, Fox, Ness, Lucas, Toon Link, Ivysaur (you have to be right above him otherwise it doesn't work, and it's risky because of his neutral B and usmash)

Characters that get only hit on a certain part of their standing animation (it's not really reliable... you shouldn't use it on those):
Jigglypuff, Wolf, Squirtle, Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game&Watch

The characters you can't hit:
Kirby, Olimar, Meta Knight

You can also hit during their crouch:
King Dedede, DK, Bowser, Ganondorf, ... (didn't test everyone)

And you can even hit these during the charge of their usmash:
Bowser, Zelda/Shiek, ROB, Marth, ... (didn't test everyone)

It also beats those usmashes:
Wolf, Ice Climbers, Ike, Yoshi (not always, for safety don't use it against him, unless you're too far away for his head to hit you), ... (didn't test everyone)

You can hit those characters if they are using usmash (and they can't hit you):
Fox, Toon Link, ... (didn't test everyone)

Keep in mind I only tested it on the 2 lower platforms on Battlefield and that the height of platforms from other stages might not be the same (smashvills platform is a little higher).

On smashvilles platform you can also hit Dedede while standing, but not if he crouches. But it beats his utilt! If he doesn't DI left or right and is at 0-5 % he'll be hit onto the platform and hit again it you still use down B.

Btw, if DK runs at an edge and uses down B right before he leaves the ground and you hold the controlstick forward DK will start his down B animation and cancel it and go off.
I tried so much and so long to get the first hitbox out and cancel it, but it never worked. I tried it in slow motion but it seems that DK can't go off after a certain part of the animation... but it works if you have the bunny ears. Maybe there's some way to get a longer slide than from running? :/ I tried craq walking, but the boost isn't as much as if you run.

daisho

Smash Lord
Great Find Luigi Player (god you need a better name)...

I'll update it into the OP when I think of how.

A video would be helpful, maybe i'll make it.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ Cant go soft Ripple. Give em the hairy Donkey ****!

Also Nice find Luigi Player. (Agrees your name should be changed)

Luigi player

Smash Master

I don't think I've found it, some others knew it too (I think I saw a post from Ripple or some other DK player talking about it some time ago), I just wanted to make a list of which characters you can hit.

And I have that nick everywhere and since 5 or 6 years... I can't just change it now... >.<

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
^ Cant go soft Ripple. Give em the hairy Donkey ****!

I wasn't going soft. I made an agreement that I wouldn't grab release wario (that got second) if he didn't chaingrab me.

scouts honor

BIG mistake. DK can't really kill wario anyother way

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Yes you can. Compete with his air camping with your uair or usmash his dair. Punch his ledge hops. He's also fairly easy to gimp with bairs if you force him outside.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
stand underneath a platform
wait for him to land...
up smash him(he will probably shield)
he will slide off of the platform
forward smash him
if that misses then punch
if that misses then usually they will try to punish
but punch has no lag
so down smash right after punch...

90% chance of death at around 95 percent...

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
I'd rather face D3 than Wario--at least I can hit D3 with something as opposed to nothing with wario

If you're not fighting a ******, wario outclasses DK with that CG and ***** him in midair.

Fair poke spam to fart? I got hit at 80 and died.

Top Bottom