• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dk & Diddy meet Bowser New SSE Vid!

Tanea

Smash Ace
wowo that is so sad i was wondering why dk wasn't with mario , yoshi, pit, kirby and link sad day

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
DK!!! Nooo!!!

His awesomeness just went up a hell of alot in this video. Sacrificing himself for his buddy, thats moving.. and very sad :(

I will avenge you DK!!!

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
It's the things like these which make me look forward to the SSE even more. It's so epic, the fact that DK does that for his friend, and it sort of makes the whole story that bit more serious.

XDead Sexy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah taking someone like DK and making him a somewhat serious character seems weird when you talk about but they did a very well job on it and I'm 1000 times more excited for this game now.

sir bert leaman

Smash Rookie
Why'd DK ue his Giant Punch on Diddy though? I mean, wouldn't it have been more effective and less painful for Diddy if DK just grabed him and chucked him ala his behind throw? Also, I'm sure DK will be freed and show Bowser how he feels about being trophied(?)

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I was about to say... if Bowser fought them he had to murder them so that makes sense I guess.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Wow... thank god they didn't take the bus story....
The bus story would've rocked, lol kidding.
It was kinda disappointing to read that the scenario writer(Kazushige Nojima) came up with that bus thing at first.

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
Why'd DK ue his Giant Punch on Diddy though? I mean, wouldn't it have been more effective and less painful for Diddy if DK just grabed him and chucked him ala his behind throw? Also, I'm sure DK will be freed and show Bowser how he feels about being trophied(?)
well yeah then when bowser got him he would just grab diddy so DK had to make sure he knocked him WAY out somewhere

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
I figure because the Giant Punch was stronger then a throw, it'd get Diddy farther away from Bowser and his deadly gun, it'd hurt but not as much as DK becoming a trophy, and then Bowser getting Diddy cause he wasn't far away.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
BETRAYAL!

XD

Wow, even though DK is terrible you gotta respect someone who'll save a monkey from geting shot. =D

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
Dk's not in it much then, that can't be more then one or two missions with him and Diddy together. Suppose there have to be csualities, one of the princesses bites it right at the start, so obviously a fair few characters will be joining them throughout the SSe (they said changing back to a trophy is like death, so they're effectively being killed off).

Don't think there's any doubt Bowser's an all out villain this time round.

allengator

Smash Rookie
One word describes this scene: EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I may feel a twinge of guilt if I ever have a match of DK vs Diddy....maybe.....

SSE is gonna rock hard! Thanks for the vid link!

Jmax

Smash Cadet
THE GUN SHOT WAS JUST AN ARROW! Why is he making this game SO kids friendly.. >.>

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
Dk's not in it much then, that can't be more then one or two missions with him and Diddy together. Suppose there have to be csualities, one of the princesses bites it right at the start, so obviously a fair few characters will be joining them throughout the SSe (they said changing back to a trophy is like death, so they're effectively being killed off).

Don't think there's any doubt Bowser's an all out villain this time round.
Er... do they not get revived by having their base hit? Like Kirby? I imagine DK will just be controlled/locked away and has to be saved.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
What a noble sacrifice...

Diddy getting an uncharged Donkey Punch...

Smash Ace
I'm sorry.... Bus story?
It's from the Iwata Asks interview:
Sakurai (translated) said:
[The story first proposed by the co-writer] went something like this…"Some of the characters are on a bus on the way to the stadium. Samus is there. Donkey Kong is there and Snake is watching the bus from afar." It was like that. (laughs) I had envisioned a more serious tone for the story. Something with some misfortunelike a single character escaping total annihilation of his squadron and then fighting back while rounding up his allies. Ultimately, we worked together and successfully organized our ideas into the storyline for The Subspace Emissary.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
Oh..... My...... God......
That was... wow.
DK... I shall seek you out....
Poor DK....

Thats an amazingly... horrible idea! amazing... but harsh... but amazing.... wow.

Top Bottom