• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Infinite Grab

MATTS!

Smash Ace
I was checking out youtube for smash video's when I came along a video of Donkey Kong doing an infinite grab on kirby. I just want to come out and say that this is false. Donkey can not infinite grab on kirby at all. All you have to do is hold down when Donkey Kong lets go of Kirby and you press A and kirby does his little trip foot attack and pushes you back. Just had to clear that up.

MATTS!

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
^It's not called an infinite it's called tech chase...
It's considered a combo in smash if the only way to escape it is to DI.

Then this depends on DK's frame statistics. If the DK can theoretically grab Kirby before Kirby is capable of doing anything to stop it besides doing that weird grab DI, then it's a combo. It would be a tech chase if the DK was too slow but still regrabbed kirby.

Sargon

Smash Rookie
Yeah, grabs can't be DId! looool!
The way to scape from this grab is if the grab is too slow and lets the other player touch the ground and attack , BUT, Pro DK players normally shield themselves during the "grabbed" attempt to escape and as soon as the recoil lets them move, the grab again. This is not a combo, but it works for anoying and making some nice damage ;)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
dk infinite grab is not banned from tourneys for one reason

with DI, most characters cant get out of it, the only character i even find difficutl to get out of with is yoshi

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
I never faced this infinite grab (though I knew what it was) until today, when I played AA's DK for Koro's tourney. I was Luigi, how do you escape this "infinite"? DI diagonally up didn't work, and IIRC DI down didn't work either. Luigi is so floaty...

NixxxoN

Smash Master
lol I always thought the DK infinte grab on Kirby always worked... until i tried it to MATTS! >_>

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
AiB has it listed as banned in their SSB64 ladder rules.
AiB is dum

seriously ive never seen DK be able to infinite anyone, (other then Isais video) and if he CAN do a true infinite, i think its legit due to how slow DK is and easy to counter...

Next point being i dout in a serious match your DK foe is going to never miss any of those grabs :|

Plus, Ant-D got hax!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Also, we should take in count that online smash can make easier (with missing frames) to avoid the infinite grab. Probably in the console is easier to do it and harder to escape

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think that NixxxoN may be right.

Law, I didn't really use the true INFINITE grab on you, actually. I just grabbed you and carried your corpse around a bit, and re-grabbed when you broke free for 3 or maybe 4 times. There are 2 ways to get out of this: 1) you have to break free from the grab and "DI" behind your opponent, hoping he hasn't quick enough reflexes to hit you with a uB and grab you again, 2) just wait. I have done this lots of times against nubby DKs that thought they were so smart, lol. They eventually got bored and threw me somewhere, then I just comboed the crap out of them :p

Superstar

Smash Champion

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I tried it with another kirby player it failed aswell. I guess its only possible in console and unlikely on online

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth
I was checking out youtube for smash video's when I came along a video of Donkey Kong doing an infinite grab on kirby. I just want to come out and say that this is false. Donkey can not infinite grab on kirby at all. All you have to do is hold down when Donkey Kong lets go of Kirby and you press A and kirby does his little trip foot attack and pushes you back. Just had to clear that up.

MATTS!
WOW! :D
matts getting interest into another character !

I was checking out youtube for smash video's when I came along a video of Donkey Kong doing an infinite grab on kirby
hm wait a sec

a video of Donkey Kong doing an infinite grab on kirby
Donkey Kong doing an infinite grab on kirby
infinite grab on kirby
now i know why that vid got your interest

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
DK can Infinite grab, It is very precise and takes very good timing and reflexes... Probably could never pull this off online...

I'm 99% sure it works. It's legal because of how easy it is to mess up.

Top Bottom