• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Lol, I play TvC. Mastered Batsu/Polimar/Viewtiful Joe/Yatterman. Learning Tekkaman Blade, Zero, Yatterman-2, Ippatsuman, Gold Lightan, FRank West, and Joe the Condor (Broken),

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
The game is cool and fun to play with friends but thats about it. Just another game that turned out to be like MvC2 unfortunately. Why must capcom curse their fightings games like that? Thank god for SF4 :).

Tujex

Smash Ace
TvC actually is taking MvC2 place at EVO this year.

It's a fun game, with a lot of unique twists to separate it from MvC2 like Advance Guard, which prevents you from taking chip damage....Air Rave, which is air combos set-up after launch...resets the damage scaling...Baroque, which cancels a moves ending lag so you can continue combos, not to mention your attacks will be boosted in power in terms to how much red energy your life bar has (the kind that refills when you switch out.)

Good game...but...online lag kills gameplay. There's WAY to much lag to pull off any worthwhile combos or moves. Offline is great.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
The game is cool and fun to play with friends but thats about it. Just another game that turned out to be like MvC2 unfortunately. Why must capcom curse their fightings games like that? Thank god for SF4 :).
SF4 didnt live up to the hype for me.

then again i'm not a Capcom fighting games fan. its all about SNK. and the GG series.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm done with brawl competatively guys (at least for now). sorry guys, but melee is far more fun than brawl is for me

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
SF4 didnt live up to the hype for me.

then again i'm not a Capcom fighting games fan. its all about SNK. and the GG series.
live up to the hype? the game is pretty well balanced unlike other capcom games, if you were expecting broken combos and whatnot then theres other games like that. As for SNK..... boy do i love KoF but that game has totally gone downhill after 2003. the newest KoF is pretty bad and it isnt even worth buying. best KoF games to play on console are KoF 98 on xbox arcade and 2002/2003 game disc on xbox/ps2. i am really against playing games where they are broken completely by infinite combos like mvc2. it even surprises me that i still play brawl despite all of the bs tactics there are in it. i played GG for a while and its funny to me at least, to see people prefer blazblue over it. i use Milia Rage, May, Dizzy, and Solbad in GG.

like i said before, if you play with your friends then it is so fun. there will always be some douche that ruins the fun with those infinites/loops. to everyone their own i guess.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Internet too slow to check the link to the national rankings, but i think i saw it earlier. Anyway, from what i understand is it's really biased right now due to lack of tourney results from people, and over time it will prove more accurate. I really have no idea, just going off what people say...

Never used quick reply before, let's hope this works :p

edit: god **** that worked good

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
live up to the hype? the game is pretty well balanced unlike other capcom games, if you were expecting broken combos and whatnot then theres other games like that. As for SNK..... boy do i love KoF but that game has totally gone downhill after 2003. the newest KoF is pretty bad and it isnt even worth buying. best KoF games to play on console are KoF 98 on xbox arcade and 2002/2003 game disc on xbox/ps2. i am really against playing games where they are broken completely by infinite combos like mvc2. it even surprises me that i still play brawl despite all of the bs tactics there are in it. i played GG for a while and its funny to me at least, to see people prefer blazblue over it. i use Milia Rage, May, Dizzy, and Solbad in GG.

like i said before, if you play with your friends then it is so fun. there will always be some douche that ruins the fun with those infinites/loops. to everyone their own i guess.
Blaz is dying though, apparently it was just a phase... but theres a new GG coming out soon. :)

my favorite thing about playing fighters is that in games like KoF you basically are just poking/spacing at your opponent til you get an opening to do your awesome killer combo. its just a fast paced, exciting game

SF= poke... hop forward... hop backward... fireball... jump... poke...

i find it so boooooring... thats just me though, theres a reason that SF is more popular... :(

i still think KoFXI is a good game though :p

they'll fix the franchise eventually

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I do like is that Andy and Joe are back in XII but thats about it lol. If they added the roster from 02/03 to XII then it would be worth it. Almost everyone likes a wide selection of characters =D.

D0N

Smash Ace
I dont like how huge Clark and Ralf are... But at least makes sense how they can toss you up in the air like its nothing now.

Has anyone ever heard of (or used) Second Life? That thing that's like sims but with all real people?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
thats it I'm done with brawl. sick of getting timed out.

peace maybe cable will lead you guys now. I'm out

see you in the next smash game unless its just as bad as this **** hole of a game

D0N

Smash Ace
thats it I'm done with brawl. sick of getting timed out.

peace maybe cable will lead you guys now. I'm out

see you in the next smash game unless its just as bad as this **** hole of a game
One of my favorite DKs. That's a shame :ohwell:. k bye...

Should just eat some bananas and bounce back...:crying:

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I have yet to participate in a match where the timer runs out.
Same here, but that's probably because Falco mains like Larry do not reside around these parts... I also play so overly aggressive that I don't allow for people to get away with camping me, either for better or for worse. (usually worse xD)

Kitsune-kun

Smash Cadet
Last week, I have won a match where the timer runs out against a DDD in a tourney XD
I had 2 stocks and 230% ramaining, he had 1 stock and about 165%.

Well Ripple.. that's pretty sad :(

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
Same here, but that's probably because Falco mains like Larry do not reside around these parts... I also play so overly aggressive that I don't allow for people to get away with camping me, either for better or for worse. (usually worse xD)
I have only seen him play like that against MK's and they have it well deserved considering their history of timing everyone out.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I have only seen him play like that against MK's and they have it well deserved considering their history of timing everyone out.
Word. That's really cool of him then. I am actually going to seriously pick up Falco for D3, bc fighting a D3 that knows the matchup is DK's worst nightmare. I just finally realized this at my most recent tournament this past weekend after having every single one of my Giant Punches powershielded into grabs lol. Gonna gay that big fatty with a whole lot of chain garbs and lasers, see how he likes it. xD

crifer

Smash Lord
I´m going Fox against D3. not a counter, but better.
fair does good damage and shield pressure, dair can setup utilt and grabs are pretty safe.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I've been semi-working on Marth. I like his play style, it's very similar to a DK with a sword that's a bit more aerial born. All about spacing and being smart. Might try Luigi instead though because he's probably one of my second favs to play.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I agree Micaelis, I like Marth too. I just realized the other day that my Marth is not that bad, just needs some technical work. I like winning by just spacing and playing smart also, so I might try Marth vs D3 =)

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
Well...you can use Meta Knight vs DDD and spam tornado!

lol
Reminds me of what somebody said at a tourny a WHILE back. "DDD is gay with his infinites and chaingrabs so just show him how gay it is to use one button the majority of the match." Lol

Some DDD's hate the fox matchup just as much as the MK matchup so yeah lol. On paper its pretty even but in game is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom