• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK on the ledge

Eyes

Smash Rookie
yo whats up guys, I am a fairly new DK player and I havent had much action on the board yet (I posted a couple videos on the rate my dk thread which hopefully more people will help me out) but in my short DK career have found it tough when recovering from the ledge. He is so predictable and I just wanted to see some of the stuff you guys do when recovering from the ledge...besides paunch and up b on yoshis island...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I always jump while still on the ledge and then dair as fast as I can. either that or regular get up.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
i either jump from the ledge, do a get up attack if they're in range and I'm under 100% (assuming they aren't shielding) or if they're spaced about a rolls distance away I'll just roll, because they're all expecting a standup or get up attack and I've honestly yet to get punished for that first roll

standard get up to shield works well, and if they're just sitting there holding shield waiting to grab then I'll drop off and upb back a few times to chase them off

Tujex

Smash Ace
I use Uair to attack and get back on stage. That or Nair usually chases them off enough for you to hop back on stage.

UpB works good as well, but is only prefers on stages where you can land laglessly.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
All I know is if I have someone offstage recovering and I'm hanging from the ledge they're never getting back.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I have a little combo that Works in Low Percents:

Ledge -> U-air -> Usmash

You should try by yourself ;)

Works until 40%.

Worked when I used against my Friends.

Eyes

Smash Rookie
haha its funny you guys mention Uair because thats pretty much why i created this thread. I was sick of constantly getting shield grabbed out of it.

Recently I have been just jumping and air dodging immediately.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ I do it all the time. I love doing it on FD Smash ville.

crifer

Smash Lord
I often let go off the ledge by pressing back and immediately jump and airdodge.
But there are frames where you can get punished for that...so I should use more ledgejump or standard...
yeah if they are charging a smash, I love to simply punch them :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Let's see:

Nair: okay but not great
Uair: okay if done slightly under the ledge
headbutt (b forward): risky but may actually be good for shield pressure in very rare occurances. If done away from the stage, can be used somewhat as a ledge stall.
spinning Kong (b up): somewhat of a good way to get back up on the stage and past your opponent but definately not guarenteed
Donkey Punch (B): freakishly risky and the timing can be hard to get down. If anything, only good as an absolute last resort.

That's about it directly from the edge attack wise.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've been trying a few mixups lately.

Mainly headbutting the opposite site, then DJ Bairing back to the stage.

crifer

Smash Lord
I've been trying a few mixups lately.

Mainly headbutting the opposite site, then DJ Bairing back to the stage.
yeah thats a great idea. I did this a few times, but it can fail bc you´re vunerable while sideB...

and what´s with all the Mario´s in our thread?
p.s.: I´m lurking in your boards, too :p

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
yeah thats a great idea. I did this a few times, but it can fail bc you´re vunerable while sideB...

and what´s with all the Mario´s in our thread?
p.s.: I´m lurking in your boards, too :p
I mainly do it because they don't have enough time to react and punish by the time I become mobile. If they're close enough, I just drop down and regrab the ledge until I can safely return.

All the Marios in this thread? Yeah, all 2 of us.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I live in Florida, it's a big Dededefest and I don't CP anyway. :laugh:

DK's just too fun, I've been lurking here for months. :p

Tujex

Smash Ace
DK's beast. It makes sense that everyone else would lurk here.

And I should try that Side/DJ Bair.....

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Recently I've been upB stalling at the edge then I'd do a Bair away from the stage when my opponent tries to gimp me, followed by a lag-less upB going back to the stage. On stages with platforms I sometimes go for lag-less upB into them.

Top Bottom