• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK stats?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Okay so, I noticed in the Sonic forums, they had a thread dedicated to Sonic's moves and stats. You guys have any of that stuff for DK?

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
Okay, since I was at E for All and DK was my main in Melee so I can tell you some info on Donkey Kong and his moves.

First of all he is slow, basically the same speed as in Melee. His weight can probably be compared to Ike. His charge punch (Neutral B) is on his list of most useful moves along with Uair because of power and speed along with his cargo throw as Gimpyfish has already mentioned. Now Down-B. Down-B has the same range as it had in Melee but, his down-B has incredible potential. I have developed a theory that if an enemy is hit at the exact moment when DK's palm pounds on the ground, or his ground pound becomes in a certain range of an enemy, a huge chain of earthquakes will trap that enemy.

D-tilt is another great move because of it is very fast, it can be used in edge guarding and it is a very defensive move. Forward Smash is also a potential killing move with its huge hitbox. Bair can also be a good spamming move too. DK's range is also a big advantage as always. Donkey Kongs Final Smash, Konga Beat is a very strange one. It seemed when I played DK and I used Konga Beat you seem to get best results if you have an incredible timing of each beat.

Anyways DK is very unchanged from his Melee version and if you really want to find damage percentages for each of his moves you can check some of the youtube videos of DK.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Okay, since I was at E for All and DK was my main in Melee so I can tell you some info on Donkey Kong and his moves.

First of all he is slow, basically the same speed as in Melee. His weight can probably be compared to Ike. His charge punch (Neutral B) is on his list of most useful moves along with Uair because of power and speed along with his cargo throw as Gimpyfish has already mentioned. Now Down-B. Down-B has the same range as it had in Melee but, his down-B has incredible potential. I have developed a theory that if an enemy is hit at the exact moment when DK's palm pounds on the ground, or his ground pound becomes in a certain range of an enemy, a huge chain of earthquakes will trap that enemy.

D-tilt is another great move because of it is very fast, it can be used in edge guarding and it is a very defensive move. Forward Smash is also a potential killing move with its huge hitbox. Bair can also be a good spamming move too. DK's range is also a big advantage as always. Donkey Kongs Final Smash, Konga Beat is a very strange one. It seemed when I played DK and I used Konga Beat you seem to get best results if you have an incredible timing of each beat.

Anyways DK is very unchanged from his Melee version and if you really want to find damage percentages for each of his moves you can check some of the youtube videos of DK.

^^^ This^^^​

nuro

Smash Lord
STATS? Is this a joke? SSBB isn't some turnbased RPG its a fighting game. Putting stats on someone is just completely making it up out of your ***. The game is run in frames therefore its impossible to give you stats. Just look at videos and see for yourself how good he is.

There is a thread here that will tell you about each of his moves maybe you should have look on the first page before posting a thread like this. :rolleyes:

smashbot226

Smash Master
Nuro, it's also a summary of the character. Like so:

Ike:

Strength: 5/5

Speed: 1/5

Range: 5/5

Attack Speed: 2/5

Aerial: 2/5

You really can't male sense of a character and how he plays out unless you give summaries.

For instance, you could say, "Ike has a bad aerial game."

True, but how bad is it?

Nuro, giving out stats is definitely more for RPG's, but these kinds of nutshells are the reasons why characters are classed in tiers.

Without statistics, there are no calculations as to how good the character is, therefore, there are no tiers.

Without tiers, everyone is equal, even though they aren't.

That is chaos.
It may be a crapshoot, but the stats given are normally accurate enough to be regarded as "official."

EDIT: As for frames, some characters are certainly FASTER than other characters. Let me not explain the difference between Ike and Pikachu... So they take less frames to perform attacks and move.

nuro

Smash Lord
Nuro, it's also a summary of the character. Like so:

Ike:

Strength: 5/5

Speed: 1/5

Range: 5/5

Attack Speed: 2/5

Aerial: 2/5

You really can't male sense of a character and how he plays out unless you give summaries.

For instance, you could say, "Ike has a bad aerial game."

True, but how bad is it?

Nuro, giving out stats is definitely more for RPG's, but these kinds of nutshells are the reasons why characters are classed in tiers.
Tiers create a strong placebo effect which you don't realize. Once people see tiers they automatically assume bottom tiers are not any good. These kinds of nutshells are destroying the balance of the game.

In SSBM everyone considered DK really awful since he was low tier. When Bum beat Isai and Chudat everyone made a huge commotion over it when they really shouldn't have. It was just a character versus another character but everyone treated it like one character had a serious advantage over the other.

Without statistics, there are no calculations as to how good the character is, therefore, there are no tiers.
What you did with Ike there didn't involve statistics or calculations. If you want to be technical you should count all the frames each of Ike's moves had , throw in the priority, knockback, percentages, hitbox, and all the other minute details about Ike then average it all up using some complex formula and compare it with all the other characters by doing the same method. This is not only IMPOSSIBLE it's completely useless.

Without tiers, everyone is equal, even though they aren't.

That is chaos.

Without tiers placebo effects aren't created characters are not called equal or better, they are simply called different!

That is appropriate.

Top Bottom